Will the Board get it right this summer?

bellion

Papy, Falcao, Pato, Miazga, awawrding our worst defender a new contract and telling our biggest ever legend to fuck off.

And this is the lot we need to trust to rebuild our great club. Unless Roman digs deep into his pockets and allows Conte to do as he likes we're going to see many of these same bums starting for us week in and week out next season stealing a living. Except next season it may be without our two best attacking players in Hazard and Costa. And against Pep/Mou/Klopp/Poch/Wenger. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If being knocked out of all cup competitions and finishing in mid table does not convince the Board to shell out 100 million + quid to spend on quality players this summer, nothing will.

Conte or whoever the new manager in waiting is should absolutely refuse to sign a contract with the club if they don't receive an assurance from Roman that a huge transfer kitty is available and that's on TOP of any sales proceeds form players sold.

in short, I don't think the Board will change its penny-pinching ways, will refuse to provide an open cheque book to the new manager and sign more Papys with loose change and Falacao loanees.  

They might as well offer Sean Dyche of Burnley a contract - he's used to doing things on a tight Budget and he wouldn't mind the club being stuck in the lower half of the table which is where we will end up next season and beyond.

A lot of people are fearing a Liverpool like decline, but you have to look at the managers that Liverpool hired since Benitez left to see why they have been in the doldrums for so long...

They went for Roy Hodgson of all people, an outdated manager in Kenny Dalglish, and then an experiment in Brendan Rodgers...if they had hired someone like Klopp from the moment Benitez had left, I doubt they would have been in such a state they are in now.

In this aspect, I'm glad that we're linked with the likes of Conte and Sampaoli instead

2 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

A lot of people are fearing a Liverpool like decline, but you have to look at the managers that Liverpool hired since Benitez left to see why they have been in the doldrums for so long...

They went for Roy Hodgson of all people, an outdated manager in Kenny Dalglish, and then an experiment in Brendan Rodgers...if they had hired someone like Klopp from the moment Benitez had left, I doubt they would have been in such a state they are in now.

In this aspect, I'm glad that we're linked with the likes of Conte and Sampaoli instead

It's not just the manager. The board makes a lot of decisions regarding who stays and who goes. If we don't give our new manager control over who stays and who goes, nothing is going to change and they'll be out of a job in 2 seasons.

5 hours ago, kmk108 said:

It's not just the manager. The board makes a lot of decisions regarding who stays and who goes. If we don't give our new manager control over who stays and who goes, nothing is going to change and they'll be out of a jobarrow-10x10.png in 2 seasons.

Fully agree. Hiring the right manager is only part of the problem,...was just saying that hiring the wrong guy would probably set the club back even more.

Whoever they hire has become less important than what the Board will do to back the new manager.

Freedom to buy and sell and a significant transfer kitty to back him up.

Without these, Conte or whoever might as well not sign. 

As I mentioned in another post, the Board might as well offer the job to Sean Dyche since he's doing well with Burnley albeit in the Championship, will have lower wages and won't mind a net spend of 5 million pounds per season.  Spend less or none at all is the motto of the club for the past two seasons and for many seasons to come. 

5 hours ago, bellion said:

Whoever they hire has become less important than what the Board will do to back the new manager.

Freedom to buy and sell and a significant transfer kitty to back him up.

Without these, Conte or whoever might as well not sign. 

As I mentioned in another post, the Board might as well offer the job to Sean Dyche since he's doing well with Burnley albeit in the Championship, will have lower wages and won't mind a net spend of 5 million pounds per season.  Spend less or none at all is the motto of the club for the past two seasons and for many seasons to come. 

Even if we had a net spend of -50million pounds, it still would not be a good enough reason for us to be knocked out of the LC by stoke, Fa cup by everton, Psg in CL round of 16 and 10th. Bloody 10th in PL with 40 points out of 29 games. 39 goals conceded.
Sorry, but this squad is one of the most expensive squads in the footballing world having one of the biggest wages on the books, so if someone tells me that "net-spend" is the main problem and that without a massive netspend, no managet should even sign then i have a problem with it.
The problem is not the "net spend", the problem is that we have all mercenaries not playing for the badge. Players like hazard, oscar, cesc, diego simply dont give a shit and the rest like mikel, GC, iva simply are not good enough.

1 hour ago, chelseafan26 said:

Even if we had a net spend of -50million pounds, it still would not be a good enough reason for us to be knocked out of the LC by stoke, Fa cup by everton, Psg in CL round of 16 and 10th. Bloody 10th in PL with 40 points out of 29 games. 39 goals conceded.
Sorry, but this squad is one of the most expensive squads in the footballing world having one of the biggest wages on the books, so if someone tells me that "net-spend" is the main problem and that without a massive netspend, no managet should even sign then i have a problem with it.
The problem is not the "net spend", the problem is that we have all mercenaries not playing for the badge. Players like hazard, oscar, cesc, diego simply dont give a shit and the rest like mikel, GC, iva simply are not good enough.

The biggest wages make it even worse - paying Ivanovic 120,000 pounds per week and Oscar 80-100,000 pounds per week for playing jack shite is another huge wrong from the club. 

I am wondering if what Mourinho said was correct when he claimed that he over-achieved with this pathetic squad of players. 

Since the club has a bunch of no-commit passengers alongside inferior players, this strengthens my claim that a big broom should be wielded by Conte to sweep them out and bring in new and better blood i.e. spend BIG BUCKS.