Southampton v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big match, lads. If we were top of the league, I'd be concerned with this one. We have struggled with this lot the past few years. I would like to see the momentum continued and a full three points, though a draw is likely.

I would like to see us avoid the worst PL season in Chelsea history of 50 points (PL era only) and this is the type of game we need to win

I would go with:

- - - - - Courtois - - - - -

Azpi - Cahill - Ivanovic - Baba

- - Cesc - - Matic - -

Pedro - Wilian - Hazard

- - - - - - - Costa - - - - - -

Come on you Chelsea!!

Still not sold on pedro. He did his usual lose posesion and psg scored us on the counter. He does give us a direct approach though since hazard willian and oscar wud rather receive the ball to feet than run intospace

5-0 Chelsea, send a signal to all the league, we're here to win it :D 

Seriously, will be good to keep the positive momentum and our unbeaten run in the league, but I'd rather see us go at them the whole game and unfortnuately risk to lose 1-0 than play cautiously and get a frustrating 0-0 at the end of the game. 

Hopefully Guus can do something magical here, but I do think that our players overall quality are way too good even for Southampton's standards. Forster's clean sheet record to be broken in this game and we finally win two back to back league games in a row :P