Ryan Bertrand

the wes

PREMIER LEAGUE new-boys Hull will launch a £2million bid for Chelsea's teenage defender Ryan Bertrand.

The England Under-19 left-back, 18, spent last season on loan at League One Oldham and then Norwich in the Championship.

The Canaries want Bertrand to return to Carrow Road this season, but Hull are prepared to offer him regular top-flight football.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Reading are lining up a move for Chelsea defender Ryan Bertrand,spacer.gifskysports.com understands.

Royals boss Brendan Rodgersspacer.gif is hoping to lure the left-back to the Madejski Stadiumspacer.gif on loan.

Rodgers is a big fan of Bertrand having worked with the 19-year-old during his time on the coaching staff at Stamford Bridge.

England Under 21 international Bertrand is highly rated at Chelsea and they are prepared to loan him out again as he is well down the pecking order in Carlo Ancelottispacer.gif's plans.

Bertrand has enjoyed loan spells at Bournemouth, Oldham and Norwich in the last few seasons and Chelsea are open to farming him out again so that he can gain some valuable first-team experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading are wrapping up a deal for Chelsea fullback Ryan Bertrand.

The Reading Chronicle says Bertrand. 19, will pen a one-year loan deal with the Royals and is expected to arrive at the Madejski Stadium for a medical today (Thursday).

Bertrand will give Royals boss Brendan Rodgers more options at full-back as Player of the Year Chris Armstrong is nursing his way back from a serious knee injury.

Was hoping selling bridge would have been the perfect oppertunity for Ryan. But i guess they want to see him play more games away from Chelsea first. Would have been better had we managed to get him a premiership club, but at least Reading will be challengers.

Well we Zhirkov to cover Ash now so im sure opportunities would be few and far between at the moment for Ryan, loan sounds good to me, let him get some playing time under his belt.

Well we Zhirkov to cover Ash now so im sure opportunities would be few and far between at the moment for Ryan, loan sounds good to me, let him get some playing time under his belt.

Has over a hundred league games under his belt now! He should have been given the chance. If he does move i hope it is to a big enough club to give him the exposure he needs.

Regarding Zhirkov, admitedly i havn't seen hardly anything of him. But from what i can gather he is a tricky skillfull player, even dubbed the Russian Ronaldinho, seems a bit of a waste to play someone like that at left back? But then i guess we will see.

Bertrand will get his chance, he is only 19, Im a bit concerned at the eagerness of Chelsea fans to have really young players in the first team. 23 - 24 is a younger player, 19-20 is a still developing player

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You