Chelsea v Man City

Jase

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Leicester and Tottenham, we are also playing City at a perfect time. They have several injuries to deal with while also having other competitions which is a higher priority for them. Aguero, Silva, Toure, maybe even Sterling will all be rested. Pellegrini just can't afford any more injuries and has already indicated he will play a much weakened squad and looking at their schedule I don't think those were just words. They have to go to Ukraine a few days after which is a game he will be playing his best players. The only first team players you can say are nailed on to start this game for them are Kelechi, Demichelis (who is awful), one of Clichy/Kolarov and the rest may seriously be youthful. He prob will have around 3-5 experienced ones out there but like I was saying, their injury list is tough enough as it is and he will not want to risk any more.

Either way, this is more of a priority for us than them and we will playing near enough our strongest available team and being at home we should win this on Sunday.

We will need to freshen things up,i'll not be suprised M.Shitty have a strong lineup. Need nice tempo from start again .

Keeper Azpil Cahill Ivan Baba-Willian Matic Ruben Kennedy-Remy Traore,make use of  subs .

Four matches in 11 days for City, three of which are an away game in Ukraine, one Cup Final at Wembley and an away game at Anfield. Them fans at bluemoon all talk about Pellegrini saying he'll give youth a chance and there's plenty of youngsters in their predicted line-ups.

This trophy is our last chance to silverware this season and Hiddink has made this competition our No. 1 priority. He'll put the best team out there no doubt about it.

We should go through on Sunday if they indeed rest their best players. 

This one will be a test for the replay against Paris St Germain.
City play the same football, albeit they are 1/2 - 1 class below the French team.
They have some remote chances for the league too, but the way things are now I think we are the favourites.
City are better than United, of whom I did not expect to play so well against us as they did.

12 hours ago, the wes said:

Manchester City appear to be set to use some of their youth players in the FA Cup against Chelsea after several were left out of an under-21 game. 

I'll believe it when I see it.

They have lost their last 2 matches. No way they are going to play a totally weakened side, potentially lose for the third game in a row and have no momentum whatsoever going into their games with Dynamo Kiev and Liverpool.

I reckon we will score atleast twice against Citeh if we played like we did against Newcastle, but I'm not going to be overconfident and say that we are going to win this match without any sort of challenges from them. It's still Manchester City after all, and they always gives us a tough fight no matter how terrible their current form is.

Hopefully the boys can get the job done on 90+ minutes, a replay back at the Etihad is the last thing we need.

5 hours ago, bluephoenix said:

hopefully Pato gets a few minutes (when was the last time a new signing scored on debut ?? Luiz against United I guess ?) 

No point getting Pato on loan and wasting money if we don't give him minutes :( Also what happened to Remy ? Is he out injured ?

Pedro, and after Luiz we had Mata.