• Traore (sub)
    • Oscar (sub)
    • Matic (sub)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really liked what I've seen - apart from the defense struggling and conceding against 18year olds.

While City had a third team, their defense was an experienced one and still we made them look like clowns and we did more mistakes than they saved preventing the scoreline to be even bigger.

I'm happy with the progress Pedro showed in the last two matches I've watched (didn't watch against PSG - can't talk about then). It's important for us to relief the responsibility from Willian's shoulders.

Eden's mentality is somewhat off. I think he might be gone in the summer - which is a shame, but I think he was involved in our best chances. Hope I'm wrong about him leaving. He seemed to love it here so much... but he's a huge fat question mark for me. I have no idea what's going on in his head and heart right now. He seems just off, the radiating happiness we've always seen exuding from him isn't there often these days like it used to

Cesc owed the whole thing. He was running the show and I keep saying it, we should provide him a chance to shine. Whether it's a 4-3-3 (I still think it's our best way to get the best from him) or a very solid, physical pivot partner (something neither Mikel nor Matic fit the bill for me, but depending on the day, they can do it).

Very happy for Traore scoring again, but I can't understand why Hiddink insists giving game time to Oscar and Matic but God forbids he gives it to Ruben... look how much better Baba looks ever since he's been getting minutes (something that surprised me, I didn't think he'd improve like this - although there's still a lot of room to improvement, but he's young and new to the league, so nothing unexpected).

Let's hope we carry on. I hope when Terry comes back, Baba will have proven to Guus that he can't compromise more than Iva...

Cesc and Pedro were superb, Willian was great, and Hazard rounding back into form. I think Pedro has 100% locked down a place as a first XI player over Oscar. He should be nailed on. Mikel is now nearly integral as well. He's brilliant with the ball in tight areas. Maybe even one of the best in our team in those circumstances.

Now can we PLEASE take a steaming dump down Roberto Martinez's throat next round!? :)

So City came with many reserves, that's why they were crushed so easily.
Last year was a 1-1 draw and the year before a thriller 2-1 win.
Still it was a very enjoyable performence, better than Newcaslte who were a very much inferior team.
Oscar's miss proves he's not a pen taker. He stopped as well to make the keeper dive and then shot straight at him rather than the other corner !

This was always going to be a tough game to "win", and by that, I don't mean achieve victory. It was always going to be a case of "it was only their kids" - unless we beat them convincingly, which we did. The old saying goes you can only beat whatever team is put out against you, and we did that with aplomb. 7 wins, 6 draws, and 1 defeat since Hiddink came in doesn't sound like world-class form, but in the context of this league season, and with regards to how abysmally poor we've been for much of the season, that is as good as six/seven wins on the bounce in any "ordinary" season. 

48 minutes ago, Barbara said:

I really liked what I've seen - apart from the defense struggling and conceding against 18year olds.

While City had a third team, their defense was an experienced one and still we made them look like clowns and we did more mistakes than they saved preventing the scoreline to be even bigger.

I'm happy with the progress Pedro showed in the last two matches I've watched (didn't watch against PSG - can't talk about then). It's important for us to relief the responsibility from Willian's shoulders.

Eden's mentality is somewhat off. I think he might be gone in the summer - which is a shame, but I think he was involved in our best chances. Hope I'm wrong about him leaving. He seemed to love it here so much... but he's a huge fat question mark for me. I have no idea what's going on in his head and heart right now. He seems just off, the radiating happiness we've always seen exuding from him isn't there often these days like it used to

Cesc owed the whole thing. He was running the show and I keep saying it, we should provide him a chance to shine. Whether it's a 4-3-3 (I still think it's our best way to get the best from him) or a very solid, physical pivot partner (something neither Mikel nor Matic fit the bill for me, but depending on the day, they can do it).

Very happy for Traore scoring again, but I can't understand why Hiddink insists giving game time to Oscar and Matic but God forbids he gives it to Ruben... look how much better Baba looks ever since he's been getting minutes (something that surprised me, I didn't think he'd improve like this - although there's still a lot of room to improvement, but he's young and new to the league, so nothing unexpected).

Let's hope we carry on. I hope when Terry comes back, Baba will have proven to Guus that he can't compromise more than Iva...

Not my opinion on the players - been there - but the why Oscar and Matic are given time... Because the club wants to keep them and don't want their poor form/or the preference of a temp manager antagonize them.

The jury may still be out for Oscar as he struggles, but pretty sure the club don't want to lose Matic.

also, about certain selections, bear in mind it's far easier to sell the players who play, who are in display. I have an idea that there will be indeed a big change in the summer.

----

on the result... As usual I take nothing from playing extremely poor opposition with our starting xi esp at home.

means very little to me if we lose to soton and psg. FA offers a couple of challenging games, but that will take place later on.

maybe good for confidence esp hazard, but even he won't be reading too much from it.