Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Like it’s been said, if Higuain is coming in to join the other strikers then awesome. We’d actually have some great depth and variety for the first time in years.

Morata. Giroud. Higuain. Oh my! 

We've got Batshuayi too. With a long, painful Europa League campaign on the horizon next season (and with the strength of the top 6 in the league I think it's a competition we should take seriously due to Champions League qualification from it) I feel we definitely need 3 strikers.

It seems pointless Giroud will leave when we've just brought him, so it would come down to Bats or Morata. I'm still intrigued in what Batshuayi could become because he seems to be a goalscorer and just gets in the right positions to score goals. You would have to believe a Sarri style would actually suit him being on the end of things. However I do also feel that if Morata's head is right and he's motivated to kick on next season he could still play an important role because he is an intelligent footballer and can link play, etc. He just needs to be ruthless and clinical in front of goal but similar to Bats, a more attacking and creative style of play may suit him.

If we need to raise money for buying Higuain then Morata or Bats would be sold. I would however prefer to loan one of them out and bring them back in a year's time to replace Giroud.

Has real boom or bust potential. If he's at his best and hits the ground running he's one of the best pure #9's about. But at his age and with his physique he's also a significant risk.

Even if he's not the Higuain of the last couple of seasons he should still feast against small teams and put away all those 1v1's that Morata fluffs.

8 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

Hope move for this guy won't hinder our suppose move for Golovin and James Rodriguez or another player of equal quality on the right wing... We need quality competitions in attacking positions... 

Exactly. We must sign right winger this summer. Because Willian and Pedro not good enough. Hope we have the power to sign star player like Bale who probably will leave Real like Ronaldo. If no then Lozano or Pulisic as Right Winger for us. 

7 hours ago, Liuxas said:

Exactly. We must sign right winger this summer. Because Willian and Pedro not good enough. Hope we have the power to sign star player like Bale who probably will leave Real like Ronaldo. If no then Lozano or Pulisic as Right Winger for us. 

There are stories that Sarri doesn't want to sell Willian. For the right price the club would of course sell, hopefully. Need to get rid of this rat.

Regarding Higuain - he is not Crouch, Benteke or Rondon, so I'd be delighted with him. Can't believe we are on the verge of signing 2 world class players.

42 minutes ago, manpe said:

There are stories that Sarri doesn't want to sell Willian. For the right price the club would of course sell, hopefully. Need to get rid of this rat.

Regarding Higuain - he is not Crouch, Benteke or Rondon, so I'd be delighted with him. Can't believe we are on the verge of signing 2 world class players.

You genuinely think Higuain is world class?

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

You genuinely think Higuain is world class?

Well it's far-fetched to say it now, but he used to be not so long ago. None of our strikers were more than average.

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

Well it's far-fetched to say it now, but he used to be not so long ago. None of our strikers were more than average.

He’s still a decent player but like you mentioned - his physique worries me a lot. It’s fine in Italy where the pace of the game is slightly more methodical and slower, but he might seem like a fish out of water here unless he does come back to being as trim as his Real Madrid days...

7 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

He’s still a decent player but like you mentioned - his physique worries me a lot. It’s fine in Italy where the pace of the game is slightly more methodical and slower, but he might seem like a fish out of water here unless he does come back to being as trim as his Real Madrid days...

He clearly lost some motivation in Juventus recently. Hoping that working in a new environment with Sarri for new challenges will bring that spark back.

Chelsea and Higuain have reached a 3 year agreement with an option of additional year with a transfer fee of 60 million Euros deposited to #Juventus. The deal is expected to close in the next few days. #CFC (via @GiuliaStronati)

13 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Chelsea and Higuain have reached a 3 year agreement with an option of additional year with a transfer fee of 60 million Euros deposited to #Juventus. The deal is expected to close in the next few days. #CFC (via @GiuliaStronati)

How genuine is this source...