Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

19 minutes ago, ChelseaFC12 said:

Why do we even want to sign an old and fat player who is already on decline and that too for 60m ffs. :(

because he scored 38g in 42app under Sarri. He is guaranteed goals, I think he would really bang them in here. I don't agree with the potential price with his age, and not even a straight swap for Morata...but its not my money!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

because he scored 38g in 42app under Sarri. He is guaranteed goals, I think he would really bang them in here. I don't agree with the potential price with his age, and not even a straight swap for Morata...but its not my money!

he scored 38 goals in 42 app under Sarri but 3 years ago when he was at his best! in the last two years are decreases his stats like goal and more important his attitudine to move and help the team!

Morata and Giroud will be our two strikers again this season. We should get used to this fact. Was always a long shot to think the club were going to sell off a £58m signing after one season. Just have to hope Morata improves drastically under a different manager in a new system.

I don’t think that we must change striker for the upcoming season and of course without CL football. 

We must improve first our midfield and defense. We must sell willian and buy a class winger like : martial , Bailey,pulisic,Malcom (inter-bound probably) and GK if courtois leaves..

40 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

I don’t think that we must change striker for the upcoming season and of course without CL football.

But how will we progress to reach the CL unless we strengthen our main goal scorer?

Who knows Sarri MIGHT be able to sort Moratas Yips out. I would prefer us to try with all our might for Icardi tho.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

But how will we progress to reach the CL unless we strengthen our main goal scorer?

Who knows Sarri MIGHT be able to sort Moratas Yips out. I would prefer us to try with all our might for Icardi tho.

With the best midfield (if we buy golovin and seri /kovacic) with better defense (no more zappacosta ,Alonso) 

and of course no more Willian .

1 minute ago, Dimitr said:

With the best midfield (if we buy golovin and seri /kovacic) with better defense (no more zappacosta ,Alonso) 

and of course no more Willian .

I really hope so mate. we shall see.

On 7/5/2018 at 1:25 AM, akgw13 said:

That was like 3 years ago when he was in his prime. :) I would be all in for him if he scored that many goals last season but instead he managed a mere 16 league goals as Juve's main striker hell even Morata managed 11 league goals last season despite being injured and shit for most of the part of it. He is not anymore the striker that would win you the league and if you're investing that much amount i.e 60m for a 31 year old forward that is already on a decline and is fat it doesnt make sense! I'm not against our club signing a 30 year old player for hefty fee but there must be some expected return. If we were linked with Lewa or Aguero then I wouldnt have opposed the transfer because (all three are almost same age) but they both still are pretty deadly goal scorers and there is no hint of decline there is a possibility of immediate return with them they both can win us the league. (BY NO MEANS im saying we are signing either of these two I'm just comparing) :)

I would even welcome Diego Costa back than him hes twice the player Higuain is! xD

15 hours ago, ChelseaFC12 said:

That was like 3 years ago when he was in his prime. :) I would be all in for him if he scored that many goals last season but instead he managed a mere 16 league goals as Juve's main striker hell even Morata managed 11 league goals last season despite being injured and shit for most of the part of it. He is not anymore the striker that would win you the league and if you're investing that much amount i.e 60m for a 31 year old forward that is already on a decline and is fat it doesnt make sense! I'm not against our club signing a 30 year old player for hefty fee but there must be some expected return. If we were linked with Lewa or Aguero then I wouldnt have opposed the transfer because (all three are almost same age) but they both still are pretty deadly goal scorers and there is no hint of decline there is a possibility of immediate return with them they both can win us the league. (BY NO MEANS im saying we are signing either of these two I'm just comparing) :)

I would even welcome Diego Costa back than him hes twice the player Higuain is! xD

Well I disagree with some points and agree with you on others. It is not apples to apples comparing Higuain at Napoli and at Juve, you're correct he didn't score a ton last year (23g 50app) but Juve/Napoli play a very different style. I have friends who support Juve and they are all guaranteeing if he comes to the Prem he will be a machine, especially under Sarri. Higuain has negatives but he always manages to get a very good goal return circumstances considering.

I agree the price is steep for an aging striker, his fitness levels are more a social media joke now than a reality and he has never relied on blistering pace so his drop off wont be as drastic.Overall i am torn if this deal gets done, but its hard not to be excited imagining a revamped midfield feeding Hazard and Higuain. We shall see what comes of it. 

IMO replacing Morata with Higuain is replacing one problem with another. 

Higuain is good striker, but never realy hit it in Juve. Scored alot of goals, but was never truly leading the club.

We should target a striker that can develop into next Drogba, Henry,...someone who is younger with potential, eager to improve and already quality. Even if we have to pay 100m. 

Striker is simply a position where you need real quality player because unlike midfield and defence which is all about team work, striker has to be incredible individual to finish off chances he gets.

Liverpool did great example with Suarez who was brought from Ajax and turned in best striker in two years. 2014 Suarez was best striker I saw since days of Henry, Drogba etc. He was big cunt but fantastic forward. We need to look for such players. Not some 30yo soon to be washed out Higuains and Lewandowskis who still cost shitload of cash and cant improve or develop identity with the club

I'd really prefer we add Higuain to Morata and Giroud rather than replacing one of them. We can't risk Higuain getting injured and having only Giroud (who isn't exactly a Sarri striker) to lead our line for a long period.

Morata I feel can come good and be super useful in multiple formations.