Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

4 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

cristiano ronaldo is an ageing player too?

imho the age of a player doesn't concern at all with his value. this policy of buying young players is a trend and a smart 

strategy of the owner, so he can sell the player and make money in future

Agreed, we brought Zola, arguably the club's most beloved player at the age of 30. Key successes such as the Champions League relied on the likes of Ashley Cole, Lampard and Drogba pushing the team on well into their 30's.

Not every player needs buying with the idea that he is young and will develop at the club and have a good resale value attached to him. We could keep Morata but over the next 4 or 5 years he may never hit the heights that Higuain might hit in 1 year, and then you assess which would be more important.

At the moment Higuain is a better striker and goalscorer than Morata and 30 nowadays is not the end. He could easily perform well for 2-3 seasons which makes a move well worth it. It would remind me a bit of United's move for Van Persie (although I know it's not the exact same situation), looking to get the last peak season or two out of him in an effort to guarantee us goals.

I would though still be surprised at a move due to the club's policy on 30 and over, although they gave some leeway to Giroud on this and that turned out well so they may have softened their stance somewhat.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Agreed, we brought Zola, arguably the club's most beloved player at the age of 30. Key successes such as the Champions League relied on the likes of Ashley Cole, Lampard and Drogba pushing the team on well into their 30's.

Not every player needs buying with the idea that he is young and will develop at the club and have a good resale value attached to him. We could keep Morata but over the next 4 or 5 years he may never hit the heights that Higuain might hit in 1 year, and then you assess which would be more important.

At the moment Higuain is a better striker and goalscorer than Morata and 30 nowadays is not the end. He could easily perform well for 2-3 seasons which makes a move well worth it. It would remind me a bit of United's move for Van Persie (although I know it's not the exact same situation), looking to get the last peak season or two out of him in an effort to guarantee us goals.

I would though still be surprised at a move due to the club's policy on 30 and over, although they gave some leeway to Giroud on this and that turned out well so they may have softened their stance somewhat.

Whereas I would prefer a younger lad like Icardi I dont mind us buying a 30+ player neither. But they are a HOPEFULLY quick fix.

Contracts mean nothing nowadays and players just use clubs as stepping stones. So while its good if a player sees his contract out theres many times they dont.

The only downside to a 30+ is no resale. But buy someone like Lewa or Higuain and at least we SHOULD be able to get 20+ goals from them for 3 seasons or so.

57 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

Not by much. 

Yes but am i right in interpreting that as he scored 21 goals with only 15 expected goals? 

I just feel the guilt edged chances that morata missed last season, someone like higuain scores most of those and those missed points get us top 4. 

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

GUESSING that translates as we put a 60mill euro offer in for Higuain and Rugani???

I'd be happy with both but just dont see our board will think twice about Higuain at price/age.

Same as Sarri wants Martens like Conte did. Just wont happen,

Juventus-Chelsea, agreement for Higuain

The Pipita ready to move to London for 60 million euros: the official after the arrival of Sarri

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/mercato/juventus/juventus-chelsea-accordo-per-higuain_1223537-201802a.shtml&prev=search

Just now, Sideshow Luiz said:

I think Sarri can get goals out of Morata.  Higuain's numbers never looked as good as when he was playing under Sarri.

But HE WILL be playing under Sarri lolAnd APPARENTLY agreements made

So many variables here to consider, these are just the main ones:

1) We need to get Sarri confirmed before this even becomes a hint of reality, this is obvious.

2) Would we really swap Morata at his age and price for Higuain? I have my doubts, goes against how we do business. I have no doubts about Higuain as a player, i think he would bang goals in the PL for fun especially in a system he thrived in.

3) Could someone else offer us more money for Morata which we would then flip the majority of for Higuain and pocket the rest? Could be likely, but I still do not see Chelsea paying 50+ for an older striker no matter WHO the coach wants.

Unless we receive some batshit offer for Morata, i just do not see the club giving up on a record signing who is 5 years younger than the new target. 

8 minutes ago, the wes said:

Juventus must be planning selling him if they want ronaldo

Ronaldo will either retire at Real or go for a final last big paycheck in USA. Don't believe he will join any other European superpower before that.

27 minutes ago, manpe said:

Ronaldo will either retire at Real or go for a final last big paycheck in USA. Don't believe he will join any other European superpower before that.

I hope he stays at Real if he goes Real will probably be looking at Hazard to replace him