Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BluesMadLad said:

Am I the only one who is super excited about this lol 

I think MOST of us are thinking it might come off. But you cant help but to have some doubts.

Once hes in our kit I'll be shouting my damned fool head off for him!

2 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

Am I the only one who is super excited about this lol 

Couldn't say I'm massively excited. Hopeful more than anything. Still very dubious of sarris style and lack of any sort of plan B but hopefully him getting the short of players he wants will help. We need a striker and he was a good one, coming into the premier League tho at 31 having never played here before makes me wary. Then again Etoo had never played here before at his age and he managed ok. Fingers crossed

1 hour ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Couldn't say I'm massively excited. Hopeful more than anything. Still very dubious of sarris style and lack of any sort of plan B but hopefully him getting the short of players he wants will help. We need a striker and he was a good one, coming into the premier League tho at 31 having never played here before makes me wary. Then again Etoo had never played here before at his age and he managed ok. Fingers crossed

Sarri can't complain and tbf - contrary to conte - he never does. He got his Jorginho and HIguain, he got the best ball-playing gk in the world with Kepa + he gets to have Hazard,Pedro, Kante and his beloved Alonso to accompany this. What is a bit mindboggling to me  is to see which lengths the board goes to give a modest manager what he wants but refused to do the same for cheque-book managers like Mourinho and to an extent Conte. Maybe it was not even his results but his behaviour that got Conte the sack. Shame would have loved to see a really good manager backed as much as Sarri is backed now. Could have made us CL competitors again.

19 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Sarri can't complain and tbf - contrary to conte - he never does. He got his Jorginho and HIguain, he got the best ball-playing gk in the world with Kepa + he gets to have Hazard,Pedro, Kante and his beloved Alonso to accompany this. What is a bit mindboggling to me  is to see which lengths the board goes to give a modest manager what he wants but refused to do the same for cheque-book managers like Mourinho and to an extent Conte. Maybe it was not even his results but his behaviour that got Conte the sack. Shame would have loved to see a really good manager backed as much as Sarri is backed now. Could have made us CL competitors again.

Well Conte did have it alright himself, he had Costa who he then fell out with and broke ties with. Sarri was left with Morata/Giroud, neither were anything to do with him. Sarri has started this season with no striker. Jorginho came because of Sarri otherwise City would have had him. I mean, Courtois wanted to leave so we had to find a replacement. It just so happened that Sarri's style relied on having a goalkeeper good with their feet and Kepa was available. If he wasn't, we would have been left with god knows who because Alisson had made his mind up to join Liverpool. 

23 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

What kind of manager though? The board tried for Sandro, couldn't get him. Tried for Koulibaly, couldn't get him. I would say they did try to back Conte, but Conte in the second season messed it up for himself by arguing with players and not ruining ties.

53 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Might be too soon. He needs to get used to us and everything. 

To start bad will not be good for his confidence. 

The only thing that can be done is a small cameo in the second half. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Maybe it's about the style of football and about the targets themselves that explains why the board are happy to back up Sarri. Mourinho wants to sign players like Perisic, hard working players at their peak for huge fees as well as midfielders and defenders that are physical above all but not so technical. I don't know what happened with Conte but his behaviour probably had something to do with his sacking and clearly he wanted players that the board didn't fancy. In case of Sarri signings, Kepa, Jorginho, Kovacic and Higuain are all technical and/or young players that take us closer to playing the type of football people saw at Napoli. And that been Abra's dream for a while hasn't it, create his own tiki-taka football team in West London but until now he has sacrificed the style of play for short term results and trophies. Maybe times are changing now and Abra has more patience to wait for this particular manager to produce the kind of football he has always wanted to see here.

MERSE DOUBTS HIGUAIN PL PEDIGREE

Paul Merson has questioned Gonzalo Higuain’s pedigree to play in a key role in the Premier League ahead of his proposed move to Chelsea.

“I'm not sure on him," Merson said. "He was a great player but looks below his best of late.

“He hasn't pulled up trees for a while and now he's coming to the hardest league in the world.

"He won't have any time to adapt either as he needs to hit the ground running as Chelsea need someone to play as their focal point.

"I'd rather someone that has played in the Premier League before and knows what this league demands."

My concerns also...Sarri has nobody to blame if this goes pete tong