Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm out.....these transfer amounts are just pathetic.

Juve are only able to make such moves thanks to Utd. Utd can make such moves thanks to TV deal.

It has it's downfall.

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Ludicrous amount for him.

Surely they won't now sell their next most imprortant player to us? Their fans would riot.

I don't think de laurentiis gives a fuck, though

Platini's FFP dream being realized right there. One club blowing all competitors out of the water in each league (EPL and Serie A). To call it Financial "Fair" Play is an insult itself to clubs of lesser means.

His fee isn't even a talking point. When you sell to your biggest rival, obviously inflation occurs. If he wasn't sold to Juve his fee would've been more 'normal'. This is normal though.

1 hour ago, Leif said:

His fee isn't even a talking point. When you sell to your biggest rival, obviously inflation occurs. If he wasn't sold to Juve his fee would've been more 'normal'. This is normal though.

There is nothing 'normal' about selling a football player to any club for €90 million.

The World we live in is sooooo fucked!

Of course he isn't worth anything near 90m, but to understand the drive behind this you need to understand the relation between Juve and Napoli.

This is like us buying peak Henri against Arsenal's will while they can't do anything about it.

Of course he isn't worth anything near 90m, but to understand the drive behind this you need to understand the relation between Juve and Napoli.

This is like us buying peak Henri against Arsenal's will while they can't do anything about it.

No its not. Peak Henry was a top 5 player in the world. Higuain barely cracks top 50.

Sure, there should be a premium if buying from a rival, but this is too much.

12 minutes ago, Bir_CFC said:

No its not. Peak Henry was a top 5 player in the world. Higuain barely cracks top 50.

Let's not over exaggerate. He scored 40 goals in the Serie A, second place wasn't even close. He is one of the best strikers in the world. The only thing going against him is his age.

[emoji38]

A player that broke a 65 year old record at a team like Napoli in the most defensive league in the world and he is just about in the top 50. You're having a giraffe.

31 minutes ago, Bir_CFC said:

Not sure why you thought I was comparing the abilities of the two players. My comparison was that Higuain to Napoli is what Henri was for Arsenal.

And it's not about buying from a rival, it's about buying despite the rival's desire not to sell. 

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Then you have people claiming it's OK because it broken down in two instalments, ya know like fucking QVC.

:lol:

Good player but fuck me some need a head check.

Wait, you guys have QVC in the UK?! 

19 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Yeah I bought a wok off there when I was pissed...£90, came three days later and I was like "WTF":lol:

Lol! Was it made of solid gold? £90!?

Anyways, I think Higuain will be great there initially but they'll regret spending such a ridiculous amount on him in a couple of years. 

TV money has ruined the game

The PL TV deal figures are staggering and the next one is already going to dwarf even those eye-watering amounts. Also with the Chinese teams now also contributing in inflating the market, you're looking at pretty much £15m as standard for relatively average players.