test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueTillIDie

Gonzalo Higuain

Started by BlueTillIDie,

466 posts in this topic
Of course he isn't worth anything near 90m, but to understand the drive behind this you need to understand the relation between Juve and Napoli.

This is like us buying peak Henri against Arsenal's will while they can't do anything about it.

No its not. Peak Henry was a top 5 player in the world. Higuain barely cracks top 50.

Sure, there should be a premium if buying from a rival, but this is too much.

Peace. and The Skipper like this

12 minutes ago, Bir_CFC said:

No its not. Peak Henry was a top 5 player in the world. Higuain barely cracks top 50.

Let's not over exaggerate. He scored 40 goals in the Serie A, second place wasn't even close. He is one of the best strikers in the world. The only thing going against him is his age.

A player that broke a 65 year old record at a team like Napoli in the most defensive league in the world and he is just about in the top 50. You're having a giraffe.

31 minutes ago, Bir_CFC said:

Not sure why you thought I was comparing the abilities of the two players. My comparison was that Higuain to Napoli is what Henri was for Arsenal.

And it's not about buying from a rival, it's about buying despite the rival's desire not to sell. 

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Then you have people claiming it's OK because it broken down in two instalments, ya know like fucking QVC.

:lol:

Good player but fuck me some need a head check.

Wait, you guys have QVC in the UK?! 

19 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Yeah I bought a wok off there when I was pissed...£90, came three days later and I was like "WTF":lol:

Lol! Was it made of solid gold? £90!?

Anyways, I think Higuain will be great there initially but they'll regret spending such a ridiculous amount on him in a couple of years. 

TV money has ruined the game

The PL TV deal figures are staggering and the next one is already going to dwarf even those eye-watering amounts. Also with the Chinese teams now also contributing in inflating the market, you're looking at pretty much £15m as standard for relatively average players.

petre.ispirescu likes this

1 hour ago, Bir_CFC said:

Or maybe this buy happen for the same reason Liverpool did when they receive a lot of money for Torres.

They go crazy with out a plan and splash the money.

Now granted the players here are much better, but still because you have insane of money caution is thrown out of the way.

16 minutes ago, the wes said:

not for me I rather go for Icardi

Course. Or Isco. But mate you know like I do we have to be realistic.

Only way we get anyone decent - world class - in is if we swap Eden or use contacts - like a new managers old players.

After someone took a photo of Morata, his agent and Juventus director Paratici in Milano today 👇🏻

39 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

After someone took a photo of Morata, his agent and Juventus director Paratici in Milano today 👇🏻

I would rather keep Morata than sign an over the hill higuain 

Fernando and Robguima like this

1 hour ago, iceboy said:

Gonzaloooooo. Sarri its happening then.

Great news...... for the italian restaurants in London. I swear, everytime i watch him (try to) run, all i am thinking is "Now he is gonna burst"

DDA likes this

Sarri & Higuain go hand in hand. only way it makes any sense. Hurts to give up on Morata this early but Sarri & Higuain reset our timetable to compete now. Plus we have Tammy coming up behind, and depending what we do with Batman we could have a load of cash. I personally prefer Icardi solely due to his age, but Higuain & Hazard with Sarri is quite scary to think about.

If we don't secure Sarri than obviously Higuain wont happen.