Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

20 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Do you think he'd start, even if he came in tomorrow, 2 days before the match?  Personally, I doubt it, maybe on the bench.  I think Anelka was on the bench in his first match which was a day or 2 after his transfer, but we had an injury crisis, IIRC.  We'll see.

0192d5019c3ff347fcb358e9e5d6255d.gif

Ummm We got injury and striker crisis!

Lets just keep all we got crossed we are doing everything possible to get ourselves a shit hot permanent striker and Higs can be backup!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

0192d5019c3ff347fcb358e9e5d6255d.gif

Ummm We got injury and striker crisis!

Lets just keep all we got crossed we are doing everything possible to get ourselves a shit hot permanent striker and Higs can be backup!

Well....we technically have 2 strikers and Hazard who's been playing F9.  I think when Anelka came, Pizarro started that match, I think?  C'mon, it's not that bad right now.

I think we'll go in for a new striker in the summer. 

Just now, Unionjack said:

I'm pleased that you're content mate. I want to see us dominate.

I'd like to see that too.  It's just really hard to get an important player like a striker (who must be scoring at his current club) mid-season.  This is a stop-gap, and Marina did a good job with the deal in light of that (IMO).  Never say never, but I'd be shocked if we got another striker in.

32 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Do you think he'd start, even if he came in tomorrow, 2 days before the match?  Personally, I doubt it, maybe on the bench.  I think Anelka was on the bench in his first match which was a day or 2 after his transfer, but we had an injury crisis, IIRC.  We'll see.

At best he probably will be on the bench. But at least we have goalscoring punch off the bench.

Tbh I haven't watched Higuain in years. Maybe wc final was the last time I watched him play for 90 minutes. I can't really judge his game at all. 

Anyone here follow serie A? Will he cope with the physicality of EPL? Based on YouTube video, he does not look fast nor super technical. So he need to be at least strong enough. 

1 minute ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I'd like to see that too.  It's just really hard to get an important player like a striker (who must be scoring at his current club) mid-season.  This is a stop-gap, and Marina did a good job with the deal in light of that (IMO).  Never say never, but I'd be shocked if we got another striker in.

Never say never as Dickens told us!

Milan takes Piatek

The Mickey Mousers and Spuds are after Jovic and Werner.

Just now, Unionjack said:

Never say never as Dickens told us!

Milan takes Piatek

The Mickey Mousers and Spuds are after Jovic and Werner.

I forgot about Spurs, they actually need a striker right now.  But, could they get a big name in?  Someone who knows they will be a back up for the foreseeable future.  Maybe we can get Spurs to fly them over and do the medical for us.

Just now, Sideshow Luiz said:

I forgot about Spurs, they actually need a striker right now.  But, could they get a big name in?  Someone who knows they will be a back up for the foreseeable future.  Maybe we can get Spurs to fly them over and do the medical for us.

LOL Maybe we can send them Willian instead? Say he just missed the flight?

Excellent business, very happy with this signing and the accompanying deal.

If he sucks in the next 6 months (even then I doubt he will be worse than Morata) then we can go all in on an established striker in the summer. If he proves a success then we could keep him for another 12 months and buy a younger striker prospect to act as an understudy. 

Honestly, this is probably the best we could do in a January window. It's all fine and well to point to young strikers as the "obvious" solutions, but success does not always carry over. We might as well have anded up paying a lot of money for Piatek only for him to fail hard. You never know these things in advance, and what we need now is not a prospect but a finished product. 

Paredes, Higuain and Pulisic in the summer is at the very least evidence of the club having ambition.