Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check this out in that article:

Chelsea would not normally pursue a player of Higuaín’s age, and would instinctively be more inclined to go for Internazionale’s Mauro Icardi as a longer-term solution. But Sarri, in desperate need of a striker familiar with his preferred style of play, has made clear a desire to work again with a forward who set a new Serie A goalscoring record of 36 in 35 games over the season under his stewardship at Napoli....

I don’t believe it one bit.

I know our board are dumb sometimes but imo, the media are just trying really hard to spin it that the club will prefer Higuan over Icardi. When was the last time they were stopped from buying someone who wasn’t requested by the manager?

Plus, Icardi is never leaving in January and don’t they know Giroud is a gooner anyway in the summer, and we’ll need to buy another striker again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, mccg said:

but it was a different story for Chelsea target Gonzalo Higuain. The striker had to be restrained by teammates after being left infuriated by a refereeing decision....should fit in with what we saw with morata 

What a fucking joke that game was. Italian supercoppa played in Saudi Arabia

HIGUAIN DEAL AGREED

Sky in Italy are reporting that Chelsea have agreed a deal with Juventus to sign Gonzalo Higuain on loan until the summer.

The loan could then be extended for another 12 months subject to certain conditions.

Higuain is currently on loan with AC Milan.

I read that it is an option to extend for 12 months, but will become obligatory when some conditions are met (goals, appearances and such). Gives him some extra incentive to perform quickly.

If that deal being reported is correct, that is a great effort by the club and almost a 'no lose' situation.

If Higuain struggles then he'll go back in the summer and we start again. If he does well then we'll want to keep him another season anyway, and I'd be more than happy for that to happen if he scores the necessary goals to get us into the top 4. 

We're still likely in the summer to go for a striker as I can see Morata, Giroud and Batshuayi all leaving. It would give us the opportunity to bring in a top young striker and settle in for a season under less pressure if we have Higuain here.

The only disappointment I assume is that he's cup tied in Europe?