Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

The stuff about Marina and Sarri disagreeing on targets is, IMO, utter bollocks.  These journos were in the room when it happened were they?

It's lazy journalism, why would our club go through all that hassle of sacking Conte; and fighting tooth and nail for Sarri to then not back him? It makes no sense. Plus, at the end of the day, its Roman who gives the nod.  If he wants us to play like Sarri's Napoli with attacking football, then back him.  I think he will, too.  He did with Jorginho.

All the talk of rows and disagreements is coming from Italy.  I think they're wrong.  Just my 2 cents

A few people moaning on Twitter because we aint getting Cavani or Icardi.  I mean, seriously, we never were/are

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, oldportblue said:

can you post the link? can't find it

It was reported just after 5pm, it wasn't a internet link. They just said his agent arrived this afternoon and talks are on going between the him and us.

What I would say with Higuain is in my opinion he's a huge upgrade on the shell we have with Morata at the moment and he's a far more clinical and threatening striker than Giroud.

He is the sort of player that I think will stand up to be counted, fight for the cause and never shirk his responsibilities leading the line. I think his passion and desire can be infectious for both the fans and the team after watching Morata for the last 18 months and our squad at the moment could always do with another player with a leader like mentality.

With the other reasonable options being touted this month, I do think a short term deal for Higuain is our best option presently.

Who do we actually have to come to an agreement for a loan?  Milan and Juve?  Milan to end his current loan and Juve to loan him to us?  Surely we can't just reach an agreement with Milan.  Seems like this one could be very tricky, especially with the way Juve have toyed with us in the past couple of summers.

59 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

Who do we actually have to come to an agreement for a loan?  Milan and Juve?  Milan to end his current loan and Juve to loan him to us?  Surely we can't just reach an agreement with Milan.  Seems like this one could be very tricky, especially with the way Juve have toyed with us in the past couple of summers.

You can't loan a loanee, if Milan want rid they either have to send him back to Juve or if they can't do that sign him to loan him.

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

You can't loan a loanee, if Milan want rid they either have to send him back to Juve or if they can't do that sign him to loan him.

That's what I was thinking.  One way or the other we are going to have to negotiate with not only Milan but Juve as well.  Juve have made a habit of yanking us around all transfer window long in the past so I'm not sure just how confident I am we can get this done if it's indeed what we want to do.

You can take over a loan, but as stated Milan would need to cancel it first.  And seeing as they paid 18m euros to loan him initially for the season, they'll want to be compensated. (otherwise they've paid for something they haven't had... in a sense) And i suspect they will want the monies from us, say half plus maybe a loan of Morata

Juventus will agree to the deal, they wanted him out to start with.  And if Higuain really wants out of Milan and tells them that, could see the deal happen IMO.  I just think for a 6month loan, maybe with an option to buy, its a no brainer.   If the possibility to buy is mandatory, I'm not so comfortable with it.  We're all speculating but supposedly Milan play on Saturday so we could see us shift our ass and sort something before then, because if he plays and bags a hat trick, Milan are not sending him anywhere lol

Thanks for clarifying that for me.  I agree that a 6 month loan is the only real option that makes sense.  I just wasn't sure of the mechanics involved and who all we would need to be negotiating with to get it done.

28 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

Thanks for clarifying that for me.  I agree that a 6 month loan is the only real option that makes sense.  I just wasn't sure of the mechanics involved and who all we would need to be negotiating with to get it done.

Juventus would be the main party to talk to, they own him. But Milan have paid for a loan so they have a major say too.  Juventus cant just turn around and say "Higuain is going to Chelsea" and be done with it.  If Milan get suitably compensated, the deal will go through i reckon.   

Why would they keep a player who seemingly does not want to be there, and the DoF Leonardo, has had a public rant about

If I had to guess, I would say Juve or us will give Milan 9m euros, Higuain will join on a loan with option to buy, and we will allow Milan to purchase Bakayoko for cheaper than originally agreed, if they decide to.

total guess though

13 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I dont think we would be offering £40mill for a loan tho would we? And IMHO its completely daft if its for a 1 year contract which at 31 is all we would give him,

Nah, I think that is just rumor. If we really go fo Higuain, it ia for loan or cheaper fee