Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

It was a choice of the players we currently had mate. Not my 1st choice neither but worth a punt over our 2.

I agree on that reasoning. I wish we could hypnotise Ola Aina and turn him left-footed, so he could bench Alonso too. Bollocks to anyone that says he isnt ready! Every game I see him play he is close to best player on the pitch and Serie A is no joke. That CR7 shut-down did it for me.

Also, all I hear about Reece James. So we have two potentially WC RB's.

I so wished we played youth more. It would pay off massively in the long run.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I agree on that reasoning. I wish we could hypnotise Ola Aina and turn him left-footed, so he could bench Alonso too. Bollocks to anyone that says he isnt ready! Every game I see him play he is close to best player on the pitch and Serie A is no joke. That CR7 shut-down did it for me.

Also, all I hear about Reece James. So we have two potentially WC RB's.

I so wished we played youth more. It would pay off massively in the long run.

Like I asked you somewhere else on here I don't know why our youth loanees dont work out.

I'm all for bringing them in for backup experience but after theyve had regular playing time to come back to a bench I think they get demoralized.

Just now, Unionjack said:

Like I asked you somewhere else on here I don't know why our youth loanees dont work out.

I'm all for bringing them in for backup experience but after theyve had regular playing time to come back to a bench I think they get demoralized.

I answered you on that Daddy UJ. Lolol

11 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

I'd much rather just sacrifice Morata to the gods, keep Giroud, bring back Michy and/or sign someone like Callum Wilson than sign this old fart. 

If we sign Higuain on a six-month loan deal, then I don't really see what we've got to lose. Can't be any worse than we've got. The only concern if anything, is needing him to adapt to the Premier League ASAP. 

Batshuayi is crap. Let's not pretend that he's any better or great all of a sudden. The fact that Valencia are reportedly looking to terminate his loan deal says a lot.

Do we really want to sign Callum Wilson or someone as average as him? Because you know if we do that, then the board will just pat themselves on the back and think that's good enough for us moving forward and that we won't need to buy any other (aka better) striker.

Don't want him. I would've taken a punt from the beginning of the season but having not really heard a thing about his time in Milan I'm guessing he hasn't done much? His age combined with his body just makes him a panic option/temporary bandaid.

Trouble is there isn't any outstanding candidate we can turn to in the middle of the season. I literally can't even name someone who is at the level required that is possible. In 20/20 hindsight missing out on Aubameyang when he was desperate to leave was a mistake. Imagine his pace and skill playing off Hazard...

37 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Not really sure what is so funny. Like you expected the boss to talk publicly about possible negotiations. That is funny :D 

A club official saying negotiations is ongoing is unusual? 🤔

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Don't want him. I would've taken a punt from the beginning of the season but having not really heard a thing about his time in Milan I'm guessing he hasn't done much? His age combined with his body just makes him a panic option/temporary bandaid.

Trouble is there isn't any outstanding candidate we can turn to in the middle of the season. I literally can't even name someone who is at the level required that is possible. In 20/20 hindsight missing out on Aubameyang when he was desperate to leave was a mistake. Imagine his pace and skill playing off Hazard...

Do we really have anything to lose if we sign Higuain on a six-month loan deal? As you said, impossible to find a proper quality striker in January.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Do we really have anything to lose if we sign Higuain on a six-month loan deal? As you said, impossible to find a proper quality striker in January.

Indeed.

However there were rumours that Morata might head in their way on 1,5 year loan or something.

F*ck that. We need to sell Morata because he cost 60m and we need to get as much back, so we can invest in new striker in summer.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

I guess not, but I'm not even sure he'd be any better than Giroud. Someone who's dangerous at times but won't score much.

8 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I am sticking with my no real business being done this January stance.

MAYBE Higs in, at most.

I have zero faith in the board and Roman at this point.

The only thing that contradicts this was the Kepa buy. I am still shocked (very very pleasantly so) at that one.

Jorginho HAD to come or no Sarri.

Let us all hope I am dead wrong!