Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

We can't go into this season with Morata as the main striker, we simply cannot.

I know. But if not Higuain, who? No other top strikers out there that are available.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Higuain is a top centre forward and has a powerful relationship with Sarri. Would very much ease the transition to Sarri's football, personally it would be a dissapointment if we don't get him. But if it is not going to happen, I'd rather have Giroud leading the line. Has a strong mentality and he's coming back as a WC winner. Morata is simply hopless, his confidence looks shot even with Sarri in charge now and first thing he looks is to fall on the ground and look for the odd foul. I don't understand what it is in his mind. 

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I know. But if not Higuain, who? No other top strikers out there that are available.

I'm trying to look at the big picture, and the first question I asked myself is can Higuain be any worse than Morata, the answer is now way. There is a mentality issue now with Morata, he's weak minded and is offering nothing with Higuain he's a bit of a warrior, that role your fucking sleeves up type and die for the cause, Morata is a tortoise who hides under his shell when things get tough. I canot see how the hell Sarri is going to get Morata playing how he wants, not just in a short time but mould him into half the player of what Higuain offers.

I know it's a lot of money but quite frankly at this moment in time it really is not that we should be worrying about, we should be worrying about the fanny we have playing up front who's about to lead the line for our next campaign.

So, Higuain wants to go to AC Milan, he doesn't want to leave Italy, and Juve want Morata. I guess unless we go big and get Icardi (Real are also sniffing around him of course) we are going to perhaps roll with Giroud, Bats, and Abraham.

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/news/calcio/serie-a/milan/2018/07/24-45677999/higuain_un_s_a_leonardo_ma_non_basta/

Martial as a striker really seems to get more important and of course a swap (plus cash) for Willian.

Other options

Edinson Cavani (31 though, 32 in February) I will say this, I would rather have him (as long as healthy) than Higuain for a couple years. I am sure most here disagree

Timo Werner (not sold on him and will be crazy expensive)

Andrea Belotti (had a bad year, would be nice to know what Sarri thinks of him, he was a beast 2 years ago) he did do this a week (granted against a shit team) >>>>>> Belotti bags five for Torino https://www.football-italia.net/124488/belotti-bags-five-torino

Jean-Kévin Augustin (wild card, super fast, not big, really young, just turned 21)

Rodrigo    Interesting, but Valencia will want crazy money

Ultimate cray cray wild card >>>>> Mario Balotelli:drunk:

Higuain for me is the best striker that could realistically be brought this summer. Add to that his relationship with Sarri and having played in his system is an added bonus.

It's a lot of money for a 30 year old striker but some of the fees clubs are paying for average players or unknown quantities does put this into perspective. If he can lead our line effectively and score goals over the next couple of seasons that cements our position in the top 4 and helps smooth the implementation of Sarri's system then I'm all for it and would be worth the money for me.

I agree with the club's stance on transfer fees not wanting to overpay and preferring to buy younger players that carry a value in a few years time but sometimes you also have to pay out and get a player that is going to impact now on the side.

Add to that the striker position is so important and lack of goals was the main reason for our failings last season, this needs addressing. If somebody like Higuain could come in and score 18-20 league goals like Costa we'd be back in the top 4 I've no doubts about that.

10 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Besides a Courtois replacement (potentially) the pessimist in me think we are done for signings

You are also saying the Rugani deal is not going to happen?

IF we are done with all signings (basically Jorginho and nothing else)

and all stay

we are FUCKED

will absolutely struggle to even qualify for Europa League

the clubhouse is going to be POISON too

especially if Courtois and Willian and Morata are there

if one of our CB's goes down we have either a 17 yo or CAHILL (absolute SHIT) doom

If Emerson gets injured we have a dodgy (in a back 4) Alonso   doom

If Courtois goes down we have shit Caballero   dooom

At striker we have Morata (shit on multiple levels), an ageing Giroud (who is good in fits and spurts) and maybe Bats (who I cant see working out in Sarriball)  or the underwhelming Abraham doom

RW will be weak again (Pedro willbe better than Willian in Sarriball, but he is ageing too, and cant play every game, every minute) Willian is really going to be a problem, I bet he pulls a Costa    doom

we will have only massively injury-prone Barkley as an experienced AMF  doom

we are so fucked atm IF NO MORE SIGNINGS

19 hours ago, blues.bridge said:

I'm not worried about the possible higuain's missed arrival!
Just I  worried about have morata like first striker choice, sell him and pay fuck'n icardi's clause

Very much this. It's not that I want higuain a great deal but I do need someone with a set of balls to lead our line. Tammy did more against Perth than morata did.....AGAINST PERTH!!! He seems badly week minded and we've already had that scenario before with a Spanish striker

2 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Very much this. It's not that I want higuain a great deal but I do need someone with a set of balls to lead our line. Tammy did more against Perth than morata did.....AGAINST PERTH!!! He seems badly week minded and we've already had that scenario before with a Spanish striker

I would like to try to swap martial-willian and put martial like a striker!
something like: hazard - martial - pedro/CHO

2 minutes ago, blues.bridge said:

I would like to try to swap martial-willian and put martial like a striker!
something like: hazard - martial - pedro/CHO

Aye I'd like to martial here tbh. Not sure he'd work as an out and out striker but It'd be better than morata for sure. Also really excited to see CHO progress this season and not sure that martial would put him down the pecking order. I mean I know he's not a definite starter and we need depth but it's just something I'd be concerned about. 

9 minutes ago, iceboy said:

LOLOL, they actually thought they could do a straight swap????????  Idiots!

That's what you get when you have a bloody predatory yank hedge fund snatch yer team

Hedge fund billionaire Paul Singer’s ruthless strategies include bullying CEOs, suing governments and seizing their navy’s ships

https://qz.com/1001650/hedge-fund-billionaire-paul-singers-ruthless-strategies-include-bullying-ceos-suing-governments-and-seizing-their-navys-ships/