Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

1 hour ago, xPetrCechx said:

Don't think hes an upgrade.

I don't understand why mate.

Hes got a totally different character/mindset that our 3 lads. Every write up Ive read mentions his will to win.

He was Juves MVP this season and arguably their best current player.

He brings that same spirit that the unscrapping Diego had - what top strikers should have.

Its a shame hes not a couple of years younger but that's the only down side that I can see with him

Add knowing what Sarri will expect from him and I'd sign him now.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Hes got a totally different character/mindset that our 3 lads. Every write up Ive read mentions his will to win.

He brings that same spirit that the unscrapping Diego had - what top strikers should have.

Its a shame hes not a couple of years younger but that's the only down side that I can see with him

Don't know mate... never liked him.

Always will be a fat clumsy striker that doesn't come to big matches, for me.

37 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

this

5 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Age is the only downside is a good one. In most sports Youth is the most inportant asset so it should determine which kind of player we are spending almost a club record fee on.

BetStars are expecting Higuain’s move to west London to happen imminently.

BetStars spokesman Ian Marmion said: “The Higuain transfer saga looks to be coming to a conclusion after odds were slashed on the striker signing for Chelsea.

“The 30-year-old is now odds-on at 1/4, down from 11/10, to complete the move and bring an end to months of speculation.

27 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

So this fella Alfredo Pedulla who seems to be on par with Di Marzio nowadays says Rugani & Higuain to Chelsea is a done deal now and they are just waiting for their agent to come back from Germany and wrap all things up.

Rugani... I can deal but ffs Higuain what happens to Morata Bashuayi and Giroud... again what happens to our wing position...does that mean we won't add quality there?.. 

Maybe, just maybe the club is like quite a few supporters and are worried the weak mentality of Morata was a bit to much to take. Thing with Higuain is he's a fighter, not just that but this has obviously come about because of Sarri, he wants him because he knows him. Higuain strikes me as somebody who will come in and not be frightened of this league, the competitive nature or the surroundings.

If Higuain can fire us to glory and back into the CL then get him.

18 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Maybe, just maybe the club is like quite a few supporters and are worried the weak mentality of Morata was a bit to much to take. Thing with Higuain is he's a fighter, not ust that but this has obviously come about because of Sarri, he wants him because he knows him. Higuain strikes meas somebody who will come in and not be frightened of this league, the competitive nature or the surroundings.

If Higuain can fire us to glory and back into the CL then get him.

Couldn't agree more mate.

I can see him on the end of Jorgis passes all day.

Just need to sort the AMs out

Big risk and we will see lots and lots of opposition supporters (and many of our own) saying stuff like "LOL Chelsea have signed a fat, way past it striker," but I do think he will score 20+ in the PL if he settles properly. As a stopgap to help us get into the CL places he's about as good as w're going to do.

I'll repeat again that he should not be signed to replace Morata. This will be a grueling season with so many matches. We will need more than two strikers. Higuain, Morata, and Giroud is a very nice strike force. I don't want to see Pedro or one of our attacking mids being forced to play as a false 9 out of desperation again.

With Hazard leaving, it will be good to have one strong experienced character in squad. Big plus is he already worked with Sarri.

This could be good, if we offload one of our 3 strikers for decent money. Having 4 strikers will not be good. Also, when Hazard leaves, we will need TWO top wingers to bring. That could be hard. But, why not play Morata and Higuain together? They could be very good. One is predator but slow and old(ish), one is not a predator, but fast and young.

18 minutes ago, El P. said:

With Hazard leaving, it will be good to have one strong experienced character in squad. Big plus is he already worked with Sarri.

This could be good, if we offload one of our 3 strikers for decent money. Having 4 strikers will not be good. Also, when Hazard leaves, we will need TWO top wingers to bring. That could be hard. But, why not play Morata and Higuain together? They could be very good. One is predator but slow and old(ish), one is not a predator, but fast and young.

Lol... 

Any reliable media reporting it?...though I feel  he might end up leaving but I can't see Madrid paying that much for him considering the fact that he is not even there first choice to replace Ronaldo... 

Just now, eemanyooel said:

Lol... 

Any reliable media reporting it?...though I feel  he might end up leaving but I can't see Madrid paying that much for him considering the fact that he is not even there first choice to replace Ronaldo... 

Man, his head is off. Board would WANT to sell him at some point, because there is possibility for him leaving next summer, for much smaller fee.

From that Alfredo Pedulla twitter page

Exclusive: Rugani-Higuain at Chelsea, Juve await the return of Ramadani. The scenarios

Stand-by phase for the transfers of Rugani and Higuain to Chelsea . With a distinction: the Pipita is enjoying the holidays after the World Cup, while the defender would like the practice to be resolved without having to wait any longer. In the coming days Juventus will fly for the American tour, at the moment the group is also expected Rugani , but we will see developments in the coming days. Everything will depend on Fali Ramadani, flew to Germany to close the sale of Rebic from Eintracht to Bayern (there is also Manchester United , but now the ball is from the German club). The agent had set his return to Italy for Monday, but could anticipate his return to Milan in the next few hours. Higuain is a speech initiated, under the conditions of Juventus , an intrigue of Sarri for the new Chelsea . Soon updates.

1 hour ago, El P. said:

I think this is the type of signing that would make Hazard stay, Higuain is a world class striker.