Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

The age and price is what I'm struggling to get my head around, it just seems like a non Chelsea thing to do.

I mean, don't get me wrong, he's still got it IMO and he's one of those who would die on the field no matter who he plays for and comes across as a bit of a Goliath.

I just have a hard time digesting this.

1 hour ago, whats happening said:

icardi doesnt want to leave inter. so forget about him

i still dont understand why are we after a striker when we have 3 good strikers already and not for a right winger when we have 0 good after willian leaves...

Guys. We are getting Higuain for the simple reasons already explained in this thread. Sarri's appointment is fairly late and not too far away from the beginning of the season. To impliment his system and to not fall too far behind the front pack (top 4), we needs players who are familiar with Sarris system. Jorginho, Higuain and Rugani are all very familiar with what Sarri does. This will speed up the 'transition' period that nearly all managers have to endure when arriving at a new club. This makes perfect sense to me. I think we will keep Morata and Bats who can learn from Higuain so they can take the mantle once his time is up. A front 3 of Higuain. Morata and Bats is pretty damn strong. I think Giroud could stay but I don't know.

33 minutes ago, DDA said:

Guys. We are getting Higuain for the simple reasons already explained in this thread. Sarri's appointment is fairly late and not too far away from the beginning of the season. To impliment his system and to not fall too far behind the front pack (top 4), we needs players who are familiar with Sarris system. Jorginho, Higuain and Rugani are all very familiar with what Sarri does. This will speed up the 'transition' period that nearly all managers have to endure when arriving at a new club. This makes perfect sense to me. I think we will keep Morata and Bats who can learn from Higuain so they can take the mantle once his time is up. A front 3 of Higuain. Morata and Bats is pretty damn strong. I think Giroud could stay but I don't know.

Despite the fact that he is not suited to premier league football and doesn't have much pace... When we can equally get another goal scoring right winger at same price...

40 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Instead of Higuain, I'll rather play pedro in the striking position, just like Sarri turned mertens to a good striker.

He is good coach, not a God. :D

56 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

Despite the fact that he is not suited to premier league football and doesn't have much pace... When we can equally get another goal scoring right winger at same price...

We definitely need a winger. Maybe the club and Sarri have big plans for Odoi. Not alot has been said about him going out on loan and at this stage of his career he either needs a loan or needs game time. I think maybe the later could be the case.

That quote Sarri gave about Jorginho made me think about Higuain/Rugani. We all sit here wondering why he wants certain players etc. "He is a technical player but the most important quality is his he very quick of the mind" Higuain/Rugani seemingly posses this quality, the one sarri holds in such high regard. Will be curious to see how the rest of our summer business goes.

28 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

please just go to AC Milan....I would rather we use the money and splash it on sensational talent like Leon Bailey...

Yes please. Bailey in and Alisson or some other decent goalkeeper in for Courtois but no more departures and we are set for the season without throwing the squad in disarray.

Oh dear. So what we basically paying 100m for Higuain and Rugani. And they got freaking Cristiano Ronaldo, Ronaldo! for the same money 100mln. Hope this not happening no way Rugani worth 45mln or 31 years old Higuain 55-60mln. Why just not get a better striker like Mauro Icardi for 20mln more. I hope Sarri knows what he's doing. And by the way were from this hype around Rugani? Did he proved anything? He seems like another young talent. Not finished product! Instead of Rugani, we should pay better 35mln for Bonucci who are 31 years old.(Milan have some problems with FFP so we can use it properly and try to get him.) Yes! But at least he's complete defender. And can play at least 3 years of good football.

8 hours ago, Liuxas said:

Oh dear. So what we basically paying 100m for Higuain and Rugani. And they got freaking Cristiano Ronaldo, Ronaldo! for the same money 100mln. Hope this not happening no way Rugani worth 45mln or 31 years old Higuain 55-60mln. Why just not get a better striker like Mauro Icardi for 20mln more. I hope Sarri knows what he's doing. And by the way were from this hype around Rugani? Did he proved anything? He seems like another young talent. Not finished product! Instead of Rugani, we should pay better 35mln for Bonucci who are 31 years old.(Milan have some problems with FFP so we can use it properly and try to get him.) Yes! But at least he's complete defender. And can play at least 3 years of good football.

You can't compare those deals without factoring in the wages too. As far as I know Ronaldo earns like three times more than Higuain and Rugani combined and while at first glance it seems easy to just add up Ronaldo = Higuain + Rugani in transfer fees, the real cost of Ronaldo over the next few years will be over twice as much.

Not really that keen on Higuain either, but getting someone like Icardi and for "just 20mil more" seems like a fairy tale. It's not going to happen because first of all Icardi doesn't want to leave and even if he was on the market Inter would demand well over 100M.

From what I've heard about Rugani I'm all for signing him, not that bothered about the price tbh. A lot of Juve fans are really against the club selling him and have been counting on Rugani and Caldara forming their defence for many years to come so clearly he has to be a pretty good player, also one that Sarri already knows from their time at Empoli.

8 hours ago, Robguima said:

regardless of fee, Higuain is just not that good and is unlikely to improve the squad vs Giroud and Morata.

Weird target for us.

I think you are totally wrong

Higuain would provide Chelsea with a starkly contrasting character to placid Morata

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premier-league/higuain-would-provide-chelsea-with-a-starkly-contrasting-character-to-placid-morata/

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I think you are totally wrong

Higuain would provide Chelsea with a starkly contrasting character to placid Morata

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premier-league/higuain-would-provide-chelsea-with-a-starkly-contrasting-character-to-placid-morata/

And I hope you are right.

good poacher and definitely more aggressive than both morata and giroud. Not that skillful and has had some issues with fitness... the guy got heavy playing football...

After landing the Ronaldo deal, Juventus are now focused on the possible departures from the squad. An initial contact has been made between Chelsea and the Bianconeri over Argentinian striker Gonzalo Higuain, but the negotiation is yet to start. Morata (monitored by Borussia Dortmund) and Batshuayi, before opening talks with Higuain's agent.

Dimarzio