Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

I am sure this has been said before but buying Higuain really makes no sense whatsoever. He will turn 31 years old in December and probably has only 1-2 years left at the highest level. What happens after that? Go out and spend another 60-70 million on another striker? What if he takes a long time to adjust to English football and waste that time? Furthermore, this deal doesn't fit the stance of the club on players over 30 years old. Barring the odd occasion, they have usually gone for young players who will have a decent resale value should we decide to sell them and Higuain won't have that. It certainly makes even less sense if we sacrifice Morata, who we can get a decent fee for despite last season's troubles, for someone with zero resale value. If we are going to sell Morata, at least go get someone with less doubts hanging over them. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure this is being done to reduce the transition time for the team to learn Sarriball. We're signing a defender,  deep lying playmaker and striker who have all played this system before. It can't be a coincidence. Chelsea must realise it will take time to learn and are fast tracking the process by purchasing players who know the system (and seeing as we can't sign anymore Napoli players, we're going for players in other teams). 

16 minutes ago, laeth said:

I'm pretty sure this is being done to reduce the transition time for the team to learn Sarriball. We're signing a defender,  deep lying playmaker and striker who have all played this system before. It can't be a coincidence. Chelsea must realise it will take time to learn and are fast tracking the process by purchasing players who know the system (and seeing as we can't sign anymore Napoli players, we're going for players in other teams). 

They're thinking ahead?

7 hours ago, 1chelsea said:

Are there no other players out there that is better than him and young than him in the market?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Icardi (inter), Rodrigo (Valencia), Defrel (Roma),Timo Werner (RBL), Brandt (Leverkusen), Andre Silva (Milan). they're best goalscorer in 2017/2018, just choose which one suit with sarri tactics....

37 minutes ago, blu35_army said:

Icardi (inter), Rodrigo (Valencia), Defrel (Roma),Timo Werner (RBL), Brandt (Leverkusen), Andre Silva (Milan). they're best goalscorer in 2017/2018, just choose which one suit with sarri tactics....

Well now we just need you to convince Sarri and or our board.

Im all in for Icardi of course - just convince him we hate Messi as much as he must. But after the early links to him theres been zich. And really not seen any proper links with any other club to him.

I do think Higuain would work great for 2 or 3 years. While we are getting everything new now worn in and ready. We could be bringing up one if the academy while this is going in. And or be looking for a finished younger article in the meantime.

Do we need to start looking at our HG too?

I see it as a good deal 

as it stands morata will not leave so one striker further only good is for us. 

60millions € is a huge amount for his age but it’s not our problem abramovich has  the money and he can do everything with his money.

1 hour ago, Dimitr said:

I see it as a good deal 

as it stands morata will not leave so one striker further only good is for us. 

60millions € is a huge amount for his age but it’s not our problem abramovich has  the money and he can do everything with his money.

Our problem will be if we are wanting to use the money from these to buy Higain - or N.E/Other is WHO will buy them and for the prices we want?

Juve has no intentions to take Morata in any sort of deal.

48 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Our problem will be if we are wanting to use the money from these to buy Higain - or N.E/Other is WHO will buy them and for the prices we want?

Juve has no intentions to take Morata in any sort of deal.

We have money 

ffp is BS , psg spend 1 billion last year and now can spend again big . 

We have money 
ffp is BS , psg spend 1 billion last year and now can spend again big . 

Afaik PSG are under investigation by FFP. AC Milan were kicked out of Europa League because of FFP. If we do not comply then there is every chance the club gets punished.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, manpe said:

Afaik PSG are under investigation by FFP. AC Milan were kicked out of Europa League because of FFP. If we do not comply then there is every chance the club gets punished.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Psg must sell one or two players at 60millions €

and after that they are free . 

The age and price is what I'm struggling to get my head around, it just seems like a non Chelsea thing to do.

I mean, don't get me wrong, he's still got it IMO and he's one of those who would die on the field no matter who he plays for and comes across as a bit of a Goliath.

I just have a hard time digesting this.

5 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Why not throw in another 20-30 million and get Icardi? 60 million for a 30 year old Higuain sounds insane

I agree there are not too many quality options out there but Icardi is one. I wonder if 80 to 90m would be enough

34 minutes ago, whats happening said:

icardi doesnt want to leave inter. so forget about him

i still dont understand why are we after a striker when we have 3 good strikers already and not for a right winger when we have 0 good after willian leaves...

I also do  ot understand why we are not after wingers. By numbers thats the only position we are not set. But imo neither striker has the desired quality