Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

55 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I know Ive got an overdose of dopamine right now with the 2 most exciting bits of news we have had in awhile but am still hoping for similar. But still wondering IF Sarri might get into Moratas head and give it a reboot.

Eden or A.N.Other - Higuain - Willi or Martial or A.N.Other

Kante - Jorginho  - Golovin

Emerson - Rudiger - Rugani - Dave

Tibo or Alisson

You look at Higuain's numbers under Sarri and at Juve.  Look at Morata's number with us and with Juve, maybe Sarri can turn Morata in to Napoli's Higuain.  He's got to at least work with him first.  I'd be hesitant to splash the cash until we know what we've got on our hands.  Especially since Morata is younger and we just bought him.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

You look at Higuain's numbers under Sarri and at Juve.  Look at Morata's number with us and with Juve, maybe Sarri can turn Morata in to Napoli's Higuain.  He's got to at least work with him first.  I'd be hesitant to splash the cash until we know what we've got on our hands.  Especially since Morata is younger and we just bought him.

Completely agree with this I'd be upset if we let either of our strikers go for Higuain it just doesn't make sense. It feels extremely shortsighted

10 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

I can agree it would seem like a match made in Heaven given their past however I just feel uneasy paying that much for a player past his best when we have two very young and talent strikers that could do the same job plus a plan b option in Giroud. I honestly think Michy has the goal scoring ability to replicate what Higuain did for Napoli we could take that same money and put it towards a proper RW that has pace and can score which is also crucial in Sarri's system

10 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

If Sarri was to look at the lads iand think he could turn him into a 20+ scorer I'd be chuffed to bits no matter who it was. BUT as a gambler with 4 weeks left of silly season I wouldn't want to bet on it.

It would be a very interesting lineup having Edenp - Higuain - Morata

1 minute ago, bluesman2610 said:

Completely agree with this I'd be upset if we let either of our strikers go for Higuain it just doesn't make sense. It feels extremely shortsighted

Now, if we were to pay a Giroud type fee, then we can talk.  But, between Giroud and Morata, I'm not sure what Higuain brings to the table.  I know it's not my money, but I'd rather the cash went to an attacking midfield player.

Selling Morata and bringing in Higuain makes no sense.

Buying Higuain and moving Morata to a wide forward position though (a la Anelka) is something that could work.

Morata - Higuain - Hazard

If he manages to make that role his own and score 15+ goals in all competitions (Higuain notching 20+ and Eden hitting 15+), Chels would actuallly posses a front line that could challenge the Manc clubs for the title.

6 hours ago, DYC. said:

Selling Morata and bringing in Higuain makes no sense.

Buying Higuain and moving Morata to a wide forward position though (a la Anelka) is something that could work.

Morata - Higuain - Hazard

If he manages to make that role his own and score 15+ goals in all competitions (Higuain notching 20+ and Eden hitting 15+), Chels would actuallly posses a front line that could challenge the Manc clubs for the title.

Thought about the same and might actually work. Morata is roaming around ound the wing most of the tine anyway. He has the pace and his technique is ok for a club that used to play Ramires as a winger🙈

can come in at times for his headers like Ronaldo used to . Will also make him more difficult to mark

It is not like chelsea to move on a club record signing after just one year and teplace him with a 30 year old  but then again it also is quit weird to shoehorn said club record signing out to the wing

Howeve the more I think of it the more it makes sense. His finishing is poor but his movement and directness might come in handy. Also we have not been linked with any wingers when we clearly need them most badly

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

Thought about the same and might actually work. Morata is roaming around ound the wing most of the tine anyway. He has the pace and his technique is ok for a club that used to play Ramires as a winger🙈

can come in at times for his headers like Ronaldo used to . Will also make him more difficult to mark

It is not like chelsea to move on a club record signing after just one year and teplace him with a 30 year old  but then again it also is quit weird to shoehorn said club record signing out to the wing

I dont know yet how Sarri sets his top 3 up. But as i put earlier it would be interesting to see a Eden Higuain Morata lineup. And guve Edaen and Morata the same freedom Eden and Willi had on 1st season. Let them roam where they can do most good. Makes them impossibe to double man mark too.

55 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I dont know yet how Sarri sets his top 3 up. But as i put earlier it would be interesting to see a Eden Higuain Morata lineup. And guve Edaen and Morata the same freedom Eden and Willi had on 1st season. Let them roam where they can do most good. Makes them impossibe to double man mark too.

No way.  If we were to mirror Napoli, Sarri has a front 3 of an inside forward (Insigne), CF (Higuain/Milik as target men, Mertens F9), classic winger (Callejon).  The left side of the pitch is full of skill (and most of the attacks went down the left), the right side full of graft.  Callejon up and down the flank, Allan as a B2B, Hysej (sp?) not getting forward nearly as much as the LB, sort of like a wide CB.

This is a pretty good write up:  

58 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

No way.  If we were to mirror Napoli, Sarri has a front 3 of an inside forward (Insigne), CF (Higuain/Milik as target men, Mertens F9), classic winger (Callejon).  The left side of the pitch is full of skill (and most of the attacks went down the left), the right side full of graft.  Callejon up and down the flank, Allan as a B2B, Hysej (sp?) not getting forward nearly as much as the LB, sort of like a wide CB.

Yeah Ive read several of his tactical write ups all similar.

And IF Sarri sticks with the formation he used at Napoli and tried to use our current players in their positions I can see Morata would obviously not work as a FLW.

But did Sarri use the formation that he did to make the best of the players at his disposal ie would he have altered it if he could if he had different players?

From all Ive read about him he is like a mathmetician. He has loads of different ways to play each move. They called him Mr 33 at Empoli because he had 33 plays written down for set pieces.

So I'm just thinking outloud whether he will after taking a good look at the players we have whether he will change his tactics accordingly or bring in players we will need to replicate his Napoli??

Just now, Unionjack said:

Yeah Ive read several of his tactical write ups all similar.

And IF Sarri sticks with the formation he used at Napoli and tried to use our current players in their positions I can see Morata would obviously not work as a FLW.

But did Sarri use the formation that he did to make the best of the players at his disposal ie would he have altered it if he could if he had different players?

From all Ive read about him he is like a mathmetician. He has loads of different ways to play each move. They called him Mr 33 at Empoli because he had 33 plays written down for set pieces.

So I'm just thinking outloud whether he will after taking a good look at the players we have whether he will change his tactics accordingly or bring in players we will need to replicate his Napoli??

That's the question.  I've never really liked having strikers out wide, myself.  But, we'll see.  

9 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

This notion that Sarri doesn't ask for signings or whatever is complete and utter BS.  Hello Jorginho.

As other Napoli fans said on Twitter, he does look to strengthen a lot, but he isnt a manager who will kick up a fuss if he can't.  Plus, i think managing a club with a budget like ours, he would be far more tempted to enter the market.  Can't exactly do that managing Empoli or Napoli to an extent

That author also has a second 11, which include Leon Bailey. A second 11....

9 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I notice on that article it says sarri like players comfortable on the ball That's cahill screwed then fs Bambi more comfortable on the ball than Gary cahill 

In all honesty, I think Huguain isn't as bad of an idea as many feel. He is a superb finisher, far more accomplished than Morata. His age is obviously a concern and for 60million Euros, well that is too much. Though I wouldn't read too much into that tweet posted above. She also said that Madrid are in negotiations for Hazard for 100million Euros. Obviously doesn't know shit.