Gonzalo Higuain

BlueTillIDie

Bailey for 40? I'd buy you a pint if he moved for 40 million..
Value doesn't equate to quality for sure and I agree to it. But we can't be playing value game and buy Shaqiri and a 40 million winger (PS. Not gonna be Bailey) to replace Willian. We will not have an upgrade at all, rather, just 2 more players, one of whom is Shaqiri and he doesn't deserve to start for a top 6 club here. The other 40 million winger will have to be really good, but I can't see any realistic 40 million quality wingers at this point of time.

Anyway, a lot of this is hypothetical.
Just for reference, how much do you value at Bailey?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:
1 hour ago, AK-3001 said:
Bailey for 40? I'd buy you a pint if he moved for 40 million..
Value doesn't equate to quality for sure and I agree to it. But we can't be playing value game and buy Shaqiri and a 40 million winger (PS. Not gonna be Bailey) to replace Willian. We will not have an upgrade at all, rather, just 2 more players, one of whom is Shaqiri and he doesn't deserve to start for a top 6 club here. The other 40 million winger will have to be really good, but I can't see any realistic 40 million quality wingers at this point of time.

Anyway, a lot of this is hypothetical.

Just for reference, how much do you value at Bailey?

Bayer value him higher than 40m in fact their price tag is closer to 70m

17 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Sounds like Morata going the other way in this deal.

So we spend big on a striker a year ago, are doing it again now and will have to do it again in 2 years ?

We're not stuffed with goal scoring wingers or midfielders at the moment, as a matter of fact Hazard is not your goal scoring, star player and Willian/Pedro's end product is average at best. Giroud won't score you an awful lot of goals, he's more of a perfect target man nowadays and Morata I find him a good player, technically very good, but not a goal scoring machine to be honest to score the odd 20-25 goals every PL season. 

Sarri and Higuain have a special relationship and I think he needs a man he can totally trust up front knowing he'll have enough creative players around to bring him the ball in front of the net. Higuain had that monster season a few years back under Sarri and I think he was the first to score 36 goals in a single Italian first league season since some bloke did it in the 1925 or 1926 or something like that. If Sarri trusts him I am all for this transfer, first few months are going to be a bit difficult for Sarri until he gets his ideas straight, he needs a goal scorer he can trust to make life a bit easier even when the team has a rough patch. 

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I feel like Morata can do just as good of a job as Higuain.

I know Ive got an overdose of dopamine right now with the 2 most exciting bits of news we have had in awhile but am still hoping for similar. But still wondering IF Sarri might get into Moratas head and give it a reboot.

Eden or A.N.Other - Higuain - Willi or Martial or A.N.Other

Kante - Jorginho  - Golovin

Emerson - Rudiger - Rugani - Dave

Tibo or Alisson

That was the fee going around during the season. Their failure to finish in the top 4 will have a bearing.

6 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
8 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

That was the fee going around during the season. Their failure to finish in the top 4 will have a bearing.

Last I saw was 53mill

22 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Last I saw was 53mill

21 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
22 minutes ago, Unionjack said:
Last I saw was 53mill

That might be slightest more realistic than 70m.

the reported 53m was rejected as a bid from Bayern Munich the last figure reported as of May 29 after the season had ended was 88m. During the height of the season January through April Bayer were asking for 100m - we could realistically probably do a deal with them for around 58m-63m I feel though. If by some miracle we do a deal for less Marina would deserve a pay increase.

9 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

the reported 53m was rejected as a bid from Bayern Munich the last figure reported as of May 29 after the season had ended was 88m. During the height of the season January through April Bayer were asking for 100m - we could realistically probably do a deal with them for around 58m-63m I feel though. If by some miracle we do a deal for less Marina would deserve a pay increase.

Daily Mail today said that Juve valued him at £53mill. We were looking at a swap but they were looking for cash for Ronaldo,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5952279/Chelsea-want-Gonzalo-Higuain-Alvaro-Morata-swap-deal.html

I wonder what Ronaldo would think about playing with Morata again? I didn't think they got on too well??

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Daily Mail today said that Juve valued him at £53mill. We were looking at a swap but they were looking for cash for Ronaldo,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5952279/Chelsea-want-Gonzalo-Higuain-Alvaro-Morata-swap-deal.html

I wonder what Ronaldo would think about playing with Morata again? I didn't think they got on too well??

you are talking about Gonzalo i was making reference to Leon Bailey - Higuan really shouldn't be more than 50m to be honest and id reckon even less just due tohis age and seeming decline in volume of goals

2 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

you are talking about Gonzalo i was making reference to Leon Bailey - Higuan really shouldn't be more than 50m to be honest and id reckon even less just due tohis age and seeming decline in volume of goals

Sorry. Didn't see any reference to Bailey

I wouldn't worry about £3mill after all the waiting and dealing gone thro since season ended.

I just think back with Sarri, someone who knows each other inside out and like each other allot he would be a fenom with Jorgi boy feeding him

Just now, Unionjack said:

Sorry. Didn't see any reference to Bailey

I wouldn't worry about £3mill after all the waiting and dealing gone thro since season ended.

I just think back with Sarri, someone who knows each other inside out and like each other allot he would be a fenom with Jorgi boy feeding him

I can agree it would seem like a match made in Heaven given their past however I just feel uneasy paying that much for a player past his best when we have two very young and talent strikers that could do the same job plus a plan b option in Giroud. I honestly think Michy has the goal scoring ability to replicate what Higuain did for Napoli we could take that same money and put it towards a proper RW that has pace and can score which is also crucial in Sarri's system