test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueTillIDie

Gonzalo Higuain

Started by BlueTillIDie,

466 posts in this topic
28 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

 


Makes no sense... you don’t move young pieces like Bats and Morata and replace them with an aging, declining striker. If we move one of these players I want someone coming back who is either in their prime or nearing it. Otherwise we will be in the same predicament in a year or so.

 

Not necessarily, in an optimistic view Higuain could give us 2 top shelf seasons then be a dynamic bench scorer, if either Bats or Morata develop thats a top line striker and we have Tammy Abraham coming up fast and furious who has the poaching and movement instincts that Sarri likes. We will see how it all shakes out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think we should go anywhere near him if he's going to be expensive.

But think about it, out of all our strikers, he would be the one you have the most faith to finish a chance. If it's not going to have a big impact on our other business in this window, i'd take him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not necessarily, in an optimistic view Higuain could give us 2 top shelf seasons then be a dynamic bench scorer, if either Bats or Morata develop thats a top line striker and we have Tammy Abraham coming up fast and furious who has the poaching and movement instincts that Sarri likes. We will see how it all shakes out. 

Tammy Abraham coming up fast and furious? He scored 5 times on loan to Swansea. Temper the enthusiasm I’d say.

Here’s the thing, for the outlay of 30m a season for Higuain, that sort of allocation is better served on someone who either has resell value or is in the prime of their career. Higuain is neither, it makes little sense to move one of our prospects for him just for a couple years of serviceable work. Have we learned nothing from Eto’o in, Lukaku out? Or caudrado in, Salah out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:


Tammy Abraham coming up fast and furious? He scored 5 times on loan to Swansea. Temper the enthusiasm I’d say.

Here’s the thing, for the outlay of 30m a season for Higuain, that sort of allocation is better served on someone who either has resell value or is in the prime of their career. Higuain is neither, it makes little sense to move one of our prospects for him just for a couple years of serviceable work. Have we learned nothing from Eto’o in, Lukaku out? Or caudrado in, Salah out?

So tell me is ANY of our current strikers on par with him? I'd take him in a heartbeat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chelsea Legend 11 said:


Tammy Abraham coming up fast and furious? He scored 5 times on loan to Swansea. Temper the enthusiasm I’d say.

Here’s the thing, for the outlay of 30m a season for Higuain, that sort of allocation is better served on someone who either has resell value or is in the prime of their career. Higuain is neither, it makes little sense to move one of our prospects for him just for a couple years of serviceable work. Have we learned nothing from Eto’o in, Lukaku out? Or caudrado in, Salah out?

My Tammy Abraham mention was more along the timeline of in 2-3 years, not next year. He is a HG prospect with immense potential.

Yes ive heard the resale value and prime points before. If it were possible I would snap up Icardi, but the problem is those fish are more difficult to catch. Higuain is still firing goals in and playing at a top level, we both agree that 60m is too much and I don't think Chelsea would ever pay that but I think a negotiated price might benefit all parties involved. 

Lukaku and Salah are just cherry picking past players who are now stars, Lukaku I'll concede would have made it but Salah & KDB needed to develop at lesser teams to find themselves and require certain systems in which we did not play. Prospects with resale might make money eventually but Higuain could win us important games, If we had Higuain this year instead of an unfortunate season with Morata we would be in the CL not the EL. That's the tough decision which we need to balance of players who have resale but also who can do the job next month! its a tricky situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The former Real Madrid man has already told Fali Ramadani - the middleman helping Chelsea close the deal - that he wants to move to Stamford Bridge, but there are problems: Maurizio Sarri would need to ensure his own move from Italy to London first.

And Higuain has transfer demands: he wants Juventus to ok the move without any further consequences, and he wants €7 million a year in wages from the Blues!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

So tell me is ANY of our current strikers on par with him? I'd take him in a heartbeat

None are but he's not the answer given the price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

My Tammy Abraham mention was more along the timeline of in 2-3 years, not next year. He is a HG prospect with immense potential.

Yes ive heard the resale value and prime points before. If it were possible I would snap up Icardi, but the problem is those fish are more difficult to catch. Higuain is still firing goals in and playing at a top level, we both agree that 60m is too much and I don't think Chelsea would ever pay that but I think a negotiated price might benefit all parties involved. 

Lukaku and Salah are just cherry picking past players who are now stars, Lukaku I'll concede would have made it but Salah & KDB needed to develop at lesser teams to find themselves and require certain systems in which we did not play. Prospects with resale might make money eventually but Higuain could win us important games, If we had Higuain this year instead of an unfortunate season with Morata we would be in the CL not the EL. That's the tough decision which we need to balance of players who have resale but also who can do the job next month! its a tricky situation. 

We basically share the same opinion, my reservation is price for a diminishing asset and swapping out a young up and comer for immediate success... If it Higuain in, Michy loan, sure! Where do I sign? But I don't want to exchange an asset with great potential for a ready made player who only has a couple years left, that's all.

akgw13 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

None are but he's not the answer given the price. 

He might be a short term plaster but he is what we need right now,

We have to realize we are going to lose both Eden and Wili. Our 2 main guys up front. They enjoy playing together and do it pretty well.

None of our strikers have the technical ability to keep the ball, take it into the box and score. We have been using strikers as targets for their heads apart from Diego..

I dunno if Sarri will be able to get into Moratas head and find his lost confidence but he might be our best hope right now in a Sarri side.

But I would rather us lose some money for a player the new manager knows well and he knows how to find the goal without a GPRS

I think he would work really well alongside Eden which is a shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

He might be a short term plaster but he is what we need right now,

We have to realize we are going to lose both Eden and Wili. Our 2 main guys up front. They enjoy playing together and do it pretty well.

None of our strikers have the technical ability to keep the ball, take it into the box and score. We have been using strikers as targets for their heads apart from Diego..

I dunno if Sarri will be able to get into Moratas head and find his lost confidence but he might be our best hope right now in a Sarri side.

But I would rather us lose some money for a player the new manager knows well and he knows how to find the goal without a GPRS

I think he would work really well alongside Eden which is a shame.

Too expensive for a short term plaster, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Too expensive for a short term plaster, sorry.

Its money or silverware!

You pay for what you get NORMALLY, hes not a 1 season wonder.

Who can we buy otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Unionjack said:

Its money or silverware!

You pay for what you get NORMALLY, hes not a 1 season wonder.

Who can we buy otherwise.

Not for me, Sorry... 

I'd rather not buy if it means buying a stop gap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Not for me, Sorry... 

I'd rather not buy if it means buying a stop gap

So we got an amazing CM with nobody to finish them off then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Not for me, Sorry... 

I'd rather not buy if it means buying a stop gap

I don;t agree, you can't buy every player with a view to the next 10 years, if we have limited goals in the team, we need someone to score them simple as that, buying potential is not going to work as we have done that already , we need someone to score goals now.

I wouldn't say we pay stupid fees and wages, but for a sensible fee I wouldn't be against it.

All top teams need a top striker, and you don't get one buying a teenager - not saying he's the best in the world, but realistically, who else could we get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

So we got an amazing CM with nobody to finish them off then.

Or maybe we got an amazing tactician to put our strikers in better positions to finish off chances created by our amazing CM? I'm in no rush to buy 60m rated Higuain right now... If he comes in at half that price, I'd entertain it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

I don;t agree, you can't buy every player with a view to the next 10 years, if we have limited goals in the team, we need someone to score them simple as that, buying potential is not going to work as we have done that already , we need someone to score goals now.

I wouldn't say we pay stupid fees and wages, but for a sensible fee I wouldn't be against it.

All top teams need a top striker, and you don't get one buying a teenager - not saying he's the best in the world, but realistically, who else could we get?

But what you are assuming here is Higuain is bound to work out in a new league, at 31, when his career is clearly in decline. I don't think its a sound investment, 60m for him screams desperation.

If it were for Lewandowski now THAT I can get behind!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Or maybe we got an amazing tactician to put our strikers in better positions to finish off chances created by our amazing CM? I'm in no rush to buy 60m rated Higuain right now... If he comes in at half that price, I'd entertain it.

Last quote I saw was 50+mill euros

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

But what you are assuming here is Higuain is bound to work out in a new league, at 31, when his career is clearly in decline. I don't think its a sound investment, 60m for him screams desperation.

If it were for Lewandowski now THAT I can get behind!

for £60m? no way, I said for a sensible fee lol - Im not screaming we should be paying even £40m for him tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.