PSG v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hate these clowns. Worse than Arsenal. Especially Verratti.

Lets make sure to score one goal at least and then a draw or better would suffice.

Having Ramires to pair with Mikel might have been a good option for this one considering Ivanovic-Cahill combo in central defense. But Ramires is gone do you pair RLC with Mikel?

Do you keep with today's lineup of Pedro-Willian-Hazard and Costa up top? Or do you get Cesc in here for Pedro and move the others? Or Cesc in for RLC? Oscar?

It will be interesting to see.

Come on you Chelsea!!

Starting the game too defensive seems like a bad idea. No matter how many defenders we put there, we still lack quality in the defence and PSG will punish us. Instead we should use players full of energy and workrate and press up high so we might actually create some scoring opportunities. I would suggest that Hazard starts from the bench because in my view he doesn't seem to be up to task quite yet, and he doesn't seem to offer much to our play at the moment. I would be more than happy to be wrong about this.

If Terry is fit to play, this is the XI I would use:

Pedro - Costa - Traore

Willian

Mikel - Cesc

Baba - Terry - Cahill - Azpilicueta

Courtois

Boring to come back here every year ;)

Something you may be happy to know : unfortunately for us,  Verratti won't start the game because of an ending groin strain.

Since he's our best player by far, it's a huge disappointment.

3 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

What's with the anti-Baba circlejerk on here? Am I the only one who thinks he's class? Ivanovic gets ruined every week yet he gets slagged off for allowing in a few crosses despite no continuity all season long.

Defensively Baba looks really poor.

No point worrying about missing players, we put out our best team. 

Matic's suspension for me is a blessing in disguise. No Mikel-Matic abomination pairing in midfield, no Cesc who can't press at #10 and (hopefully) no Oscar on the wing. 

19 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

No point worrying about missing players, we put out our best team. 

Matic's suspension for me is a blessing in disguise. No Mikel-Matic abomination pairing in midfield, no Cesc who can't press at #10 and (hopefully) no Oscar on the wing. 

It is about as well disguised as Superman as Clark Kent. Matic is a bumbling neanderthal in an open game.