• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, lucio said:

bran excellent bar the goal

fullbacks excellent
pivot was outclassed by the 3
cahill was awful
hazard seems to be a lost cause

I have seen you bash GC time and again. But give the guy where the credit is due. He was very good.

Some pointers out of the game:

1. Hazard needs to go. His attitude stinks. Bench him and play kenedy.

2. Cesc should not even be considered for starting games unless we are playing a lower league opponent, a bottom 5 team, or some israeli/Norwegian team in CL.

3. BABA was sublime. What a massive Fuck up by jose by not giving him a chance.

4. Guus is CLUELESS. He is simply putting out the "best" team (by which i mean the best players with FIFA rating probably). We were getting murdered out there with the midfield getting outclassed and hazard and pedro doing nothing. If it was not for our defence, we would have conceded 5.

5. Need a massive over haul along with a manager with balls. Someone who can put in RLC looking at cesc/pedro/hazard (shift willian to wings in the latter 2 cases) rather than simply play the "experienced" "big names".

6. IF JT is back for the 2nd leg, it would be a Bane because Guus would never start BABA over Iva despite how he performed tonight. His gutlessness would cost us any chance we currently have.

To sum it up, not the worst result, definitely reversible. But the manager needs to make some strong calls which he is too pussy to take.

We so desperately need our best player to step his game up. Eden just seems so out of it. We'll have a very good chance to go through if he plays well in the 2nd leg. It looks like he's just going through the motions out there.

5 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

It's one of the most even results possible:

My opinion wasnt based on stats alone - even though I've been following cups forever.

it was based on the quality of the sides as my last bit implied.

besides, we've been pretty vulnerable this season and conceding to almost anyone, so sorry I can't Imagine we will keep a clean sheet against a better team.

10 minutes ago, Robguima said:

This was not a good result. It will take heroics to go though.

yes 1x0 works, but every tie and any other win by a goal doesn't.

we may also lose again simply because they are the better team.

They are not a better team.
They are not in the class of entertainers like e.g. goonerteam or City but definitely not better than us.
Those who are better are BFC, RM, Atletico maybe. Bayern I have n't seen this year.

1 minute ago, Robguima said:

My opinion want based on stats - even though I've been following cups.

it was based on the quality of the sides as my last bit implied.

besides, we've been pretty vulnerable this season and conceding to almost anyone, so sorry I can't I agi e we will keep a clean sheet against a better team.

The quality of the sides is obvious regardless of the result here, which is why a 2-1 home win, practically an even result is being considered by most people as a positive for us, because everyone expected PSG to get a more decisive outcome. 

They're simply better. Comfortably better. It was like watching a ship (Chelsea) in a heavy storm (PSG) for large parts of the game.

Some good spells here and there but they were short. Good thing was Chelsea could conjure up some good moments despite struggling.

Hoofing the ball. Chelsea's big game trademark. And no team can do last-ditch defending and survive an onslaught like Chelsea. It's quite amazing.

Chelsea's not keeping a clean sheet so at least three goals are needed. Not impossible but hard.

Costa can't score in Europe. Worried it's going to become a 'thing'. Hazard can barely get out of first gear. Not good. Sad too. Cesc is too limited.

Courtois, Azpilicueta, Baba and Willian, well done.

3 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

They are not a better team.
They are not in the class of entertainers like e.g. goonerteam or City but definitely not better than us.
Those who are better are BFC, RM, Atletico maybe. Bayern I have n't seen this year.

Agree to disagree.

they are better in almost every area except Gk and fullbacks. Their midfield is a lot better than ours.

Oh and Hazard better be in form by Mar 9th.

Can't have our best player be a pedestrian and expect to get anything from this tie. 

No way we're scoring 2+ goals if Hazard performs the same way he did tonight. He's got to be a menace in the return leg. 

1 minute ago, Robguima said:

Agree to disagree.

they are better in almost every area except Gk and fullbacks. Their midfield is a lot better than ours.

It's the third year in succession we play them.
Granted we are having the poorest ever season at home, the two previous Paris matches were no different. We absorbed huge pressure - on the first occasion we lost 3-1 as well in the end.
I like some of their players and Ibra but the fact is these two teams are level pegging.

So and so result. Some good performances, some excellent ones: Baba, Pedro, Willian, splendid counters. Cesc wasn't bad imo and i am happy with Iva and Cahill given the circumstances and the amount of pressure they were in for a long portion of the match. Diego and Eden should have done better though. We were very close to a fantastic result but our finishing was bad.

8 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

It's the third year in succession we play them.
Granted we are having the poorest ever season at home, the two previous Paris matches were no different. We absorbed huge pressure - on the first occasion we lost 3-1 as well in the end.
I like some of their players and Ibra but the fact is these two teams are level pegging.

I was not referring to the clubs or recent teams, but these lineups.

we have players out of their depth, others can't be bothered, while others are n decline. Plus we are, as usual but more so, lacking strength in depth - Ramires might have helped today.

the club has given up on this season and selling Ramires while getting no replacement attest to that imo. They are thinking next season.

both goals conceded were completely unnecessary, apart from that our defending was desperate but somehow restricted PSG to like 20 half chances. On the other hand we had 3 more clear cut chances from which we MUST score at least one, no excuses. Kevin Trapp was magnificent today but Courtois was average. 

Also I don't get the hazard-oscar sub. Yes Hazard is a shadow of the player he once was but Oscar is worse even when in top form. If any, he should have thrown on... well we did not even have any impact subs on the bench...which is exactly the problem. PSG can bring ona´a 55m pounds striker whilst we have Miazga and Clarke-Salter on the bench. If any pedro should have been taken off. He was full of running but completely useless on and off the ball going full headless chicken mode like so often. 

Baba was encouraging, he bossed Moura dn di maria for the majority of the game despite them attacking his side very often. I also liked how he beat the former for pace to win the foul.

Willian was ok, did what he is best at darting through the midfield on the break but we really could have used a few decent deliveries from the numerous corners and freekicks he had and he wasted them all apart from the one to mikel ofc. Fabregas was as usual when pressurized but he really could improve his passing. It is so inconsistent. Apart from his strange goal and own goal Mikel was Mikel. This shows we really need midfielders. We are thin in numbers there and even thinner in quality. But today we would never have had a chance there no matter what midfield we could have fielded. 

Still we have a chance in the 2nd leg, 1-0 is a perfectly plausible result when we have JT back and Cahill has an even better day than today. Also will be crucial if Hazard improves his form or not. 

PSG are a good side but showed loads of cracks today which a more clincial side like Barca, Bayern or maybe even Juventus would exploit and tear them apart. Unfortuantely we are wasteful as fuck. DAvid Luiz and Thiago Silva are great  in the 1vs1 but once again vulnerable for crosses and long balls over the top. Ibra is clearly a rapidly fading force, Matuidi is not the powerhouse he used to be. Di Maria and Moura were kept in check by our equally nippy fullbacks Azpi and Baba. However their overlapping fullbacks caused plenty of havoc with intelligent late runs which to cover Pedro and Hazard have to be more disciplined.