test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

Jake Clarke-Salter

Started by Jason,

2 hours ago, Jason said:

And he's off to a good start having already broken Diego Costa's nose in training!

Jake can play. I like him a lot. He lacks physical stature and experience but he has plenty of tools. A good talent. Very brave, strong in the tackle, reads the game well and has a knack of getting in good blocks when required. He is also good on the ball. A lot of positive attributes for his coaches to work with.

Edit: Press now reporting that it was Fikayo Tomori, not Jake, who broke Costa's nose which was my inference from Guus's press conference comments today.

Stats and TheIceMan like this

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/12/diego-costa-breaks-nose-chelsea-training-newcastle

Chelsea have promoted the young centre-half Jake Clarke-Salter to their senior squad for the remainder of the campaign to cover for the loss of Kurt Zouma to cruciate knee ligament damage. The France international underwent surgery in Barcelona this week and will miss the next six months at least, ruling him out of Euro 2016, with Clarke-Salter joining Matt Miazga, the recent signing from New York Red Bulls, in training regularly with the first team.

“Matt moves up, and also I have the kid from the academy [Clarke-Salter] who is now with us,” said Hiddink. “He is coming up from the academy, but also Matt who has been with us a few weeks already. In the first-team squad of 15 or 16 players, we can also make variations with Branislav Ivanovic, Baba Rahman, César Azpilicueta who can play inside … we have some options to choose.”

Clarke-Salter had impressed José Mourinho on Chelsea’s pre-season tour last summer, only to find his opportunities severely limited since. The 18-year-old signed a new contract in November tying him to the club until 2019. The loss of Zouma is not expected to affect contract negotiations with John Terry, with the club captain still likely to end a 21-year association with Chelsea in the summer.

Big chance for the lad. He is not big for a CB but he is pretty good at reading the game and for a small CB he does like to get stuck in. 

18 minutes ago, Billy. said:

Big chance for the lad. He is not big for a CB but he is pretty good at reading the game and for a small CB he does like to get stuck in. 

He is not small at all, he is quite tall. Just not big, weight wise as you said and on the sliim side.

Also, Jason might as well move this to the squad players thread.

TheIceMan likes this

8 hours ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

Anyone know if he and Tomori are off out on loan/sticking around?

No news yet if Chelsea do loan the two out I hope it's a championship club cause Palmer and Abraham have started off well at championship club 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Needed. Hope Dujon goes with him (on loan somewhere not necessarily to Forest). Both under utilised this season, and very unlucky with JCS having his loan to Birmingham cancelled on deadline day due to Birmingham injuries (shame on club for leaving it so late). 

I actually think we should have taken advantage of having him here. Cahill is aging, it would have made sense to kinda experiment with JCS, who's perfectly suited to the LCB position for us, comfortable on the ball, actually left footed. Unlike Ake has height. Just with the view he could become a squad player there for us. Nothing crazy just 2-3 starts in League cup and a few more subs (basically what Ampadu has got).

10 hours ago, ja1 said:

Needed. Hope Dujon goes with him (on loan somewhere not necessarily to Forest). Both under utilised this season, and very unlucky with JCS having his loan to Birmingham cancelled on deadline day due to Birmingham injuries (shame on club for leaving it so late). 

I actually think we should have taken advantage of having him here. Cahill is aging, it would have made sense to kinda experiment with JCS, who's perfectly suited to the LCB position for us, comfortable on the ball, actually left footed. Unlike Ake has height. Just with the view he could become a squad player there for us. Nothing crazy just 2-3 starts in League cup and a few more subs (basically what Ampadu has got).

I know we haven’t seen that much of Ampadu yet but who do you think is the better talent between the two? 

21 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I know we haven’t seen that much of Ampadu yet but who do you think is the better talent between the two? 

Honestly similar, although Ampadu is a couple years younger but on a similar level. ChelseaYoith believed JCS has performed better for U23s this season.

The Skipper likes this

On 19/12/2017 at 11:59 AM, the wes said:

I'm at a loss IF the links with him to Sunderland and Kenedy to Newcastle are right then what are they doing playing today? Shirley giving a couple of others off that bench time would be better for us no?

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I'm at a loss IF the links with him to Sunderland and Kenedy to Newcastle are right then what are they doing playing today? Shirley giving a couple of others off that bench time would be better for us no?

Kenedy won't leave till we find LWB. However they coud give JCS spot to Trevoh Chalobah if JCS is gonna to leave on loan.