Slobodan Rajkovic

love cfc

He's a reality TV winner, that TV show was an advert for 'brand Chelsea' and nothing more. So it was no surprise to see little progression from when he won 'football icon'.

No progression? Have you seen him play? Carl is a very good centre back and has progressed really well in our set up. Not Chelsea quality but he will do well somewhere. He has stayed around a lot longer than he had any right to for a "reality TV show winner" a couple of very serious injuries in there also......

No progression? Have you seen him play? Carl is a very good centre back and has progressed really well in our set up. Not Chelsea quality but he will do well somewhere. He has stayed around a lot longer than he had any right to for a "reality TV show winner" a couple of very serious injuries in there also......

It's a shame he benefited from reality TV hype, whilst better youngsters were most likely being overlooked (considering the coverage at the time).

I remember that show, it was like a Chelsea megastore commercial. :rolleyes:

He's a reality TV winner, that TV show was an advert for 'brand Chelsea' and nothing more. So it was no surprise to see little progression from when he won 'football icon'.

The same happened to Sam Hurrell. He's gone to play for semi-professional teams since he left Chelsea!

This clears up his current status :

He remains ineligible for a work permit based on the standard criteria outlined here, which means he and the club must seek alternative routes.

One of those would be to secure Dutch citizenship, but alas, hurdles remain there. Rajkovic is still a year’s residence short of the five required, and moreover has not spent the four years there ‘consecutively’, another pre-requisite.

Even if he were to achieve both aims next summer, he would also then have to pass a citizenship exam and clear some red tape, and at that stage his Chelsea contract is due to expire, so that particular plan appears to be a non-starter.

Of course, Chelsea could choose to lodge an appeal with the FA and press their claims that their man is of sufficient quality to ply his trade here, as they had to do with Ramires.

To stand a chance of convincing the panel, they must convince that:

the player is of the highest calibre and…the player is able to contribute significantly to the development of the game at the top level in England.

In unwritten terms, that effectively means that it must be clear that Rajkovic can serve his purpose better than a comparable English player.

Source

Guest justin_3d

At the moment he is much better then Bruma.

But if he goes i won't feel that bad, because Kalas looks more promising. blue%20scalf.gif

Guest justin_3d

Decent read.

I can easily see Rajkovic replace Alex in a season or two.

That being said, if we can get Rajkovic in the team then we should sell Alex.

We have a habit of not making money on transfer and letting them go for little money.

If we are to introduced some youth, then selling some of our older player might not be bad.

But not this season. Next season would be better.

Again, that's if Rajkovic can stay with the team this season, and AVB gives him chances.

AVB -

I think that Rajko deserves a chance with a hearing panel,' Villas-Boas said after the game. 'He has shown his qualities throughout all this pre-season.'We weren't able to use him against Portsmouth but again you saw the level that he is at at this moment and it is a questionwe have to address carefully because also at this moment we all know the choices that we have to take in the central defender role because we have five positions and four of them are top central defenders.

'The most important thing for Rajko and his future is for him to get this panel hearing because I think his talent is good enough for the Premier League. Let's do it step by step and hopefully enough we will be able to convince the panel that Rajkovic deserves a chance in the Premier League.'

Just read that on the website.. Delighted.

I though Rajkovic would be dismissed instantly and sold off because he hasn't played here yet. But Villas-Boas has given him, his rightful, chance to shine, which he's taken well. He definitely deserves to play for us in the Premier League. Now that we've shipped off Bruma for 2-years, Rajko will be a good youth defender to have.

Guest justin_3d

Just read that on the website.. Delighted.

I though Rajkovic would be dismissed instantly and sold off because he hasn't played here yet. But Villas-Boas has given him, his rightful, chance to shine, which he's taken well. He definitely deserves to play for us in the Premier League. Now that we've shipped off Bruma for 2-years, Rajko will be a good youth defender to have.

:goodpost:

Great news to hear, and yeah that was a problem i had in the past with previous manager. Mourinho, Avram, Scolari, and Carlo. They really did not gave the youth much of a chance as AVB has been doing these past few days.

it still makes me sad we let some other great talent go. Just wish we had a manager like him in the past that care more about youth, then buy buy buy.