Alexandre Pato

KleyLima

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pato for peanuts is at least a sign that the club are biding their time before they go big in the summer. Pato is basically replacing Falcao in the pecking order, and while I'm not elated, I do like the fact that its a low risk high reward type deal. 50k a week is nothing.

From the videos I've seen his explosiveness looks to be back, he does have tidy feet and is a willing passer.  We live to fight another day by not committing big dollars before we get our manager.

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

I rather get Chicharito then this guy.

But if we get him then if the wages and fees is low then that's a low risk gamble.

2 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Pato for peanuts is at least a sign that the club are biding their time before they go big in the summer. Pato is basically replacing Falcao in the pecking order, and while I'm not elated, I do like the fact that its a low risk high reward type deal. 50k a week is nothing.

From the videos I've seen his explosiveness looks to be back, he does have tidy feet and is a willing passer.  We live to fight another day by not committing big dollars before we get our manager.

He isn't a striker primarily. Only on FIFA is he a centre forward. He is a  wide forward, usually on the left.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/23158

Just now, Spike said:

He isn't a striker primarily. Only on FIFA is he a centre forward. He is a  wide forward, usually on the left.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/23158

No I get that for sure, he's played most of his games on the left. This is precisely why I think we're interested because of his ability to play in different roles. More of an Auxiliary striker.

35 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

Pato could be a good signing. 

Could be.  But, if he's primarily an aux striker who can play out on the left, 433 would suit him better.  Same with Pedro.  Not so much LM like we use.

I'd love for us to give 433 a shot, but...

http://espn.uol.com.br/noticia/570253_agora-com-pato-na-mira-chelsea-e-um-verdadeiro-cemiterio-de-atacantes

According to ESPN Brasil correspondent based in UK, he believes Pato's staff is creating the whole thing and he doesn't believe Chelsea is really interested, and only a deal on loan would be possible.

I hope its true. Pato doesn't many any sense.

Team with Oscar+Pato. What a nightmare. 

7 minutes ago, Henrique said:

http://espn.uol.com.br/noticia/570253_agora-com-pato-na-mira-chelsea-e-um-verdadeiro-cemiterio-de-atacantes

According to ESPN Brasil correspondent based in UK, he believes Pato's staff is creating the whole thing and he doesn't believe Chelsea is really interested, and only a deal on loan would be possible.

The google translate version of that link is great:

Now with duck in the sights, Chelsea is a true 'cemetery attackers'

I wanted him so much before he went to Milan. I think this would be an okay move if it means falcao gets thrown back to Monaco and if it's a loan with an option to buy if he does well. 50k euro is relatively small(if the rumours are true) and fitting for a third striker that can play wide for extra squad depth. 

3 hours ago, Henrique said:

That was my first impression until I seen Lance! reporting it too.  And a guy on Twitter who is based in Brazil with many followers called Cynegeticus said the original report by whoever from ESPNBrazil is a reliable guy