Alexandre Pato

KleyLima

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

You sure it's not because we're saving our shillings till we get our manager?

Are you sure we didn't go budget in the summer because our targets weren't available?

As bad as the summer was I'm glad the club didn't spend big on secondary targets. There are only a small handful of players who would make us considerably better and they clearly weren't available.

If we're waiting to spend big in the summer there isn't any point in wasting a penny on Pato when the new manager may not like him. If he flops like many of our recent signings have then it's yet another player we'd have to get rid of.

Like I said last week, I'd personally just stick it out with what we have and give the new manager £150m or more to spend in the summer. If we expect to be a title contender again next season we have to look at who we'll be competing with. Man City bought two £50m attacking players, another decent chunk on Delph, and nearly £40m on a CB. How the fuck are we supposed to compete with that by idiotically penny pinching and buying Djilobohobkbb, some random league one CB, and fucking Falcao? Simple answer: we can't.

Our board need to get their heads out of their asses quickly or we'll be in the wilderness with Liverpool and Spuds for the next few seasons. We can't be buying has-beens like Pato when our "rivals" are buying world class players. Show some bloody ambition.

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If we're waiting to spend big in the summer there isn't any point in wasting a penny on Pato when the new manager may not like him. If he flops like many of our recent signings have then it's yet another player we'd have to get rid of.

Like I said last week, I'd personally just stick it out with what we have and give the new manager £150m or more to spend in the summer. If we expect to be a title contender again next season we have to look at who we'll be competing with. Man City bought two £50m attacking players, another decent chunk on Delph, and nearly £40m on a CB. How the fuck are we supposed to compete with that by idiotically penny pinching and buying Djilobohobkbb, some random league one CB, and fucking Falcao? Simple answer: we can't.

Our board need to get their heads out of their asses quickly or we'll be in the wilderness with Liverpool and Spuds for the next few seasons. We can't be buying has-beens like Pato when our "rivals" are buying world class players. Show some bloody ambition.

The club doesn't splurge any more, they are in the business of making  money now, not winning. Isn't it obvious? Farming young talent  to sell, a new stadium, relative penny pinching with transfers. The days you long for are over and you'd best get used to it. This is a business of money, not spending astronomical amounts on transfers and buying another title. 

How do you know Pato is a 'has-been'?

52 minutes ago, Spike said:

The club doesn't splurge any more, they are in the business of making  money now, not winning. Isn't it obvious? Farming young talent  to sell, a new stadium, relative penny pinching with transfers. The days you long for are over and you'd best get used to it. This is a business of money, not spending astronomical amounts on transfers and buying another title. 

This is probably true, but I wonder what happened. After winning the CL we started investing heavily in young up-and-coming true talents, the future, but then all of a sudden the club went "fuck it" and went on to hire Benitez (starting point of streak of brilliant decisions). Then Mourinho, got brainwashed by his ideas and sold most of those players because they didn't track back, basically.

Didn't Gourlay resign some time in 2014? Then all went to shit, we started playing crap football and went AWOL in the market. He absolutely aced the 2014 summer transfer window, his last big hurrah. We looked to sign players we actually needed, and quality players at that, not scrubs we are linked with today. Gourlay left, result? Djilobodji - it is only one name, but enough to summarize the drastic shift in the club's mentality. The big man Ron wouldn't have allowed joking around like that, bring him back!!

Ticks the boxes the board like

1) Career on a downward trajectory

2)Brazilian

They don't give up that easy on a potential Neymar/Messi.

One day we'll get a good one, but is it worth that amount of money?

Piazon, Kenedy, Nathan, Wallace, Ramires and the list continues...

I'm sceptical but cautiously optimistic.

3 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Maybe we're being harsh, but cant help thinking this is another scattershot transfer, the new Cuadrado

He couldn't be any worse. No way. He has to be better than Cuadrado.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

If our days of spending are gone then so are our days of winning titles. Investing heavily is the name of the game in modern football. Man City and United will continue to spend astronomical sums to buy top players. Arsenal can now go out and buy nearly anyone.

If what you say is true (and sadly it does appear that way) then I guess we'll be a club like Liverpool/Spurs or Arsenal of the past decade who are happy with or desperate just to finish 4th. Depressing thought. We looked like a club with as much or more potential to grow and reach the summit of European football and now we're back to square one and rock bottom. All in the span of a single year.

As for Pato, why did he have to go back to Brazil and remain there for years if he's not a has-been? Why have no other European clubs until now wanted him? Has Torres written all over him in my eyes. A player who used to be class but past injuries have ruined him.

Pato, at 8M will prove to be a positive signing.

In my mind, goals is not where I'd spend my money anyway. We have Costa, Hazard, Willian, Oscar. Although they are having shitty seasons (except Willian), those guys should be sufficient.

Our money needs to be spent in a more creative transitional midfielder (sorry Cesc), a better holding midfielder (sorry Matic) and a revamped back line (could improve all 4).

If Pato does better than Pedro and Oscar I'll be very happy (not asking much).