Alexandre Pato

KleyLima

Instead of having a striker of every type I wish we'd just get 3 strikers of the same ilk. It's better for the system. If Diego's having a shit period of form, just replace him with another aggressive striker with similar build/traits and pray.

It's *completely random* to see Pato as an alternative option. I don't see how our current players will be able to play his type of game. They already know Costa's though, so get another bloody Costa type player.

We need consistency, and you don't get consistency by forcing entirely unique skillsets into holes that resemble Chelsea players.

(I won't accept any rubbish about us needing 'options' considering our XI barely changes; those options never get time to find their feet. What we need is MORE OF THE SAME. More of what we already know works. No more unfamiliar styles unless we're going to commit to them, like we should have when we had both Hazard and Mata.)

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, manpe said:

Pretty slim I would say. Time has shown that when there is so much smoke (especially when reliable sources pick it up), there usually is fire too. Even if we don't sign him (or anybody else we're strongly linked with), it doesn't mean we didn't consider it at some point.

Everything you say is completely valid of course but according to a retweet on ChelseaTransfer the agent has just said that despite working on getting a deal, Corinthians have yet to receive an offer. Again, I accept that the lack of an offer does not mean there have been no discussions but it does give hope to those of us who don't want Pato. I'm looking forward to confirmation that no offer yet has become there will be no offer from Chelsea.

17 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Everything you say is completely valid of course but according to a retweet on ChelseaTransfer the agent has just said that despite working on getting a deal, Corinthians have yet to receive an offer. Again, I accept that the lack of an offer does not mean there have been no discussions but it does give hope to those of us who don't want Pato. I'm looking forward to confirmation that no offer yet has become there will be no offer from Chelsea.

I seen that.  It just backs up Mauro Cezar's blog tbh.   He said we have total agreement with Pato, but not his club.  So the agent is correct, every single club in the world has a chance of signing him right now.  But only 1 has a personal terms agreement

1 minute ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

I seen that.  It just backs up Mauro Cezar's blog tbh.   He said we have total agreement with Pato, but not his club.  So the agent is correct, every single club in the world has a chance of signing him right now.  But only 1 has a personal terms agreement

Not many of the top clubs want him I'd wager. We don't have long to wait to see if we do.

17 minutes ago, Leif said:

He better be arriving with the "Thank fuck, a chance to kickstart my career again" attitude and not that "Yay, Chelsea, big moneeeeeyyys, time to relax" one.

It's possible. Chicharito used his Leverkusen move to reignite a career that many had written off.

that typically doesn't happen with us though.