Thiago Silva

chrismada9

Quite mesmerised that there hasn't been a thread discussing this, but sources today claim we're looking to sign Thiago Silva on a loan deal from PSG.

Here's one of a few articles I've found. And it's not just the Star, loads of sites are reporting this... http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/489658/Exclusive-Chelsea-weigh-loan-swoop-Brazil

It would be a good option to close things up at the back, but he's next to useless for the Champions League. 1) because he's cup tied; and 2) aren't we supposed to be playing PSG in the last 16? PSG would be pretty miffed if they loaned out arguably the best centre back in the world to a club they're facing in Europe in a months time.. 

Discuss! 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

Thiago Silva's representative, Paulo Tonietto: "Chelsea are a big club. And the English league is the best in the world" #CFC #PSG (Mirror)

Thiago Silva's agent has talked up a potential move to Chelsea after claiming the defender will not sign a new deal with PSG. #CFC #PSG

3 hours ago, milka said:

Thiago Silva's representative, Paulo Tonietto: "Chelsea are a big club. And the English league is the best in the world" #CFC #PSG (Mirror)

Thiago Silva's agent has talked up a potential move to Chelsea after claiming the defender will not sign a new deal with PSG. #CFC #PSG

Hmm...mentioning Chelsea directly by name.

Promising signs, but we've heard plenty of stuff like this in recent times from agents trying to secure fat new contracts for their clients.

10 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Hmm...mentioning Chelsea directly by name.

Promising signs, but we've heard plenty of stuff like this in recent times from agents trying to secure fat new contracts for their clients.

Good player but his age puts me off him we need a long term centre back 

I don't mind this, even if he is aging, I would love to see him here because we have our centre backs for the future in Christensen (assuming he ever returns) and Zouma, Silva kind of bridges that gap in the mean time, and maybe the others could learn a thing or two.

9 hours ago, Fernando said:

If Terry is still good for us at his age, then if we can get two good years from him while integrating younger players then cool.

We can't play the Conte wants to play with Terry in the team. Conte wants the defence higher up the pitch, we saw that does not work with Terry.

14 hours ago, the wes said:

No we need to improve our defence now, with all the young players we have we should be fine in the long term. 

16 hours ago, the wes said:

If signing Thiago Silva is what it takes to get us back in the Champions League and speed up our rebuilding process, then even £100m for him would be a bargain quite frankly.

overrated player.

Thiago and David Luiz form one of the worst partnerships in defense I've ever seen. Failed for both Brazil and PSG. They are the same player: very technical ball playing defenders which do not and ever will work together.

11 hours ago, Robguima said:

overrated player.

Thiago and David Luiz form one of the worst partnerships in defense I've ever seen. Failed for both Brazil and PSG. They are the same player: very technical ball playing defenders which do not and ever will work together.

Don't think there's a defender past or present that could form any sort of solid partnership with Luiz. 

6 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Don't think there's a defender past or present that could form any sort of solid partnership with Luiz. 

heh if we do get thiago silva, you will find out how similar they are.

same number of brainfarts - just different ones.

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, the wes said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/antonio-conte-gives-green-light-chelsea-transfer-january-window/

Thiago Silva linked to January transfer window move to chelsea 

Hes 32 FFS!! We are TRYING to get shot of 3 over 30 already because they dont have tyhe legs or engine this system requires

We need to start looking at players that will work TOGETHER AS A TEAM and gel,improve for a few years in the future.

Whats the bloody point in offering someone a 1 year contract.

• 1 month later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You