Arsenal v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gilvorak said:

LOL. Ozil is far and away Arsenal's best player.

Right now he is. On form Sanchez I say. Ozil has only really stepped up this season while Sanchez made an impact in his first season. Both are 2 quality players though.

2 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

LOL. Ozil is far and away Arsenal's best player.

Nah. I'm a fan of Özil but he's the ultimate flat track bully. Always has been, for Real Madrid and Germany as well. When Arse is playing well (like they are this season) he looks fantastic. He was anonymous for much of last season.

Sanchez is the better player for me. Singlehandedly carried them last season. He can put a team on his back and drag them to a victory. Don't think Özil can do that. Not consistently, anyways.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Nah. I'm a fan of Özil but he's the ultimate flat track bully. Always has been, for Real Madrid and Germany as well. When Arse is playing well (like they are this season) he looks fantastic. He was anonymous for much of last season.

Sanchez is the better player for me. Singlehandedly carried them last season. He can put a team on his back and drag them to a victory. Don't think Özil can do that. Not consistently, anyways.

Sanchez "carried" Arsenal to outside the Top 4 until Ozil's return. They were sixth while Ozil was out injured and ended up finishing 3rd with him back. This year they're first in the League with Ozil fit and Sanchez out.

Ozil's impact on games transcends numbers. He's their best player. By the way Ozil has assisted twice against City, scored against Bayern, assisted the equaliser against Tottenham & scored/assisted against United. The idea he's a flat-track bully is absurd. He's played far better in big games this season than Sanchez did last year who regularly went missing in all but 1.

3 hours ago, Stats said:

Right now he is. On form Sanchez I say. Ozil has only really stepped up this season while Sanchez made an impact in his first season. Both are 2 quality players though.

No on form Ozil is World Class and the best #10 in the World. Sanchez is a brilliant albeit flawed player which is why Barca binned him.

2 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

No on form Ozil is World Class and the best #10 in the World. Sanchez is a brilliant albeit flawed player which is why Barca binned him.

Real binned Ozil too though...

Ancelloti never wanted him so you can basically say the same thing.

2 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

Sanchez "carried" Arsenal to outside the Top 4 until Ozil's return. They were sixth while Ozil was out injured and ended up finishing 3rd with him back. This year they're first in the League with Ozil fit and Sanchez out.

Ozil's impact on games transcends numbers. He's their best player. By the way Ozil has assisted twice against City, scored against Bayern, assisted the equaliser against Tottenham & scored/assisted against United. The idea he's a flat-track bully is absurd. He's played far better in big games this season than Sanchez did last year who regularly went missing in all but 1.

If a team is underperforming or not at their best, Sanchez (like Hazard was for us many times last season) can take the match over and singlehandedly dominate to secure 3 points. Admittedly, I haven't watched much of him this season due to us being so shit and not being in the mood to watch anyone else, but I've closely watched/admired Özil for years. He isn't that sort of player.

If both are fully fit I'd be significantly more worried about Sanchez than Özil.

56 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Ozil is more naturally talented than Sanchez, that's undeniable. People are blinded by goals too much, saying Sanchez is better than Izik is like saying Sanchez is better than Hazard IMO. 

Izik?

Auto-correct? :P

Ozil is more naturally talented than Sanchez, that's undeniable. People are blinded by goals too much, saying Sanchez is better than Izik is like saying Sanchez is better than Hazard IMO. 

People like players who give their all (applies to quite a few South Americans). Talent isn't the be all and end all.

7 hours ago, LAM09 said:

People like players who give their all (applies to quite a few South Americans). Talent isn't the be all and end all.

Ozil applies his talent very well though. An on form Ozil is much more beneficial to a team that an on form Alexis simply because he truly elevates his team mates level of play. 

Alexis works hard but Ozil hasn't been a liability to his team, he works fairly hard as well. 

17 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Ozil applies his talent very well though. An on form Ozil is much more beneficial to a team that an on form Alexis simply because he truly elevates his team mates level of play. 

Alexis works hard but Ozil hasn't been a liability to his team, he works fairly hard as well. 

Eh? That was Özil's biggest criticism at Arsenal until this season. He was a huge liability. He was constantly called lazy, went missing in every big game, didn't track back and help his teammates etc. I remember in our 6-0 specifically he was laughed at by everyone because he was so pathetic. There were even a TalkSport segment I recall where the question was asked if Eriksen was the much better buy for Spuds than Özil was for Arse.

I think the fact that Sanchez has been injured for a while is causing people's memory to grow fuzzy. He was basically unplayable for much of last season (except when he played Chelsea :D).  I recall stating like a year ago that he was truly the perfect Mourinho player. Works tirelessly, powerful, pacey, and scores goals from anywhere on the pitch.