David Bowie Passes To Cancer

Spike

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Privileged to see him at Glastonbury So many great songs  -off the top of my head. 

Life on Mars, Space Oddity, Heroes, Changes, Sound and Vision, Fame, Modern Love, Lets Dance, China Girl, Moonage Daydream, Starman, Rebel Rebel, Sorrow, Golden Years, Ashes to Ashes, Under Pressure also wrote All the Young Dudes for Mott the Hoople

• 1 month later...

Poor bugga. I got into him thru Ziggy and loved him upto Young Americans/Fame. one of my claims to fame is DJing a part he threw. I was doing a spot at a mates wedding and Bowie/seal were guests (Did an amazing acapella of kiss From A Rose!) anyway we got chatting for ages about northern Soul/R&B and the All Nighter scene. At the end he asked me if Id DJ at a party he was doing. Me blushing and farting didnt know whether to shit or go blind! I gets this phonecall about 3 months later at 2am. He says its David! Im thinking its a mate taking the piss so I says fuck off Wayne and goes back to sleep. So he sends a text - got me giggling like some schoolgirl. so i ends up doing the gig and went down a treat.All these people I had totally no clue who they were sticking their dirty fingers all over my records! But sat with Bowie for a hour or so just going thru my records having a joint. Him telling me stories about singers in some of my records he had met. Great bloke.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Poor bugga. I got into him thru Ziggy and loved him upto Young Americans/Fame. one of my claims to fame is DJing a part he threw. I was doing a spot at a mates wedding and Bowie/seal were guests (Did an amazing acapella of kiss From A Rose!) anyway we got chatting for ages about northern Soul/R&B and the All Nighter scene. At the end he asked me if Id DJ at a party he was doing. Me blushing and farting didnt know whether to shit or go blind! I gets this phonecall about 3 months later at 2am. He says its David! Im thinking its a mate taking the piss so I says fuck off Wayne and goes back to sleep. So he sends a text - got me giggling like some schoolgirl. so i ends up doing the gig and went down a treat.All these people I had totally no clue who they were sticking their dirty fingers all over my records! But sat with Bowie for a hour or so just going thru my records. Him telling me stories about ones he met. Great bloke.

Wow mate, thanks for that memory!

4 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I was in Goa and saw that thing on big Brother when Angie got the news. It cracked me up. You can tell shes got some personal issues but it didn't look like she gave a toss he was gone eh.

Ahaha did you see the 'outrage' that they did that (Big Brother)?

It really didn't seem like she was all that devastated lmao. But I don't watch the show so I've only seen from various commentators.

1 minute ago, LDN Blue said:

Ahaha did you see the 'outrage' that they did that (Big Brother)?

It really didn't seem like she was all that devastated lmao. But I don't watch the show so I've only seen from various commentators.

Im a sad git that normally watchs it. I likewatching the social interactions, the rows and how they get on. Its based on an old experiment they did in the 60s where they had 2 lots of university students in a prison setting. 1 were guards the other inmates. And it showed how they developed into their roles even to torturing the inmates. But saw Angies bit in the local bar about 4am and  just pissed myself laughing at it. The black chick whoever she was was completely bonkers. Angie musta thought it was a prank or she was in the Twilight Zone.