Chelsea v Scunthorpe

Jase

Thing is if the yoof were played against Scunthorpe and we lost we are talking about a business losing a lot of money /revenue.

No employee of that business (Guus) would want to take the rap for that and have to justify it to Emanalo/Buck/Abramovich.

Even teams like Villa down in teh depths dont experiment wiv da yoof, financial demands dictate you play the most expensive assets at all times

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Thing is if the yoof were played against Scunthorpe and we lost we are talking about a business losing a lot of money /revenue.

No employee of that business (Guus) would want to take the rap for that and have to justify it to Emanalo/Buck/Abramovich.

Even teams like Villa down in teh depths dont experiment wiv da yoof, financial demands dictate you play the most expensive assets at all times

tottenham and liverpool do, because they arent pussys

2 minutes ago, lucio said:

tottenham and liverpool do, because they arent pussys

:D  Ipso facto Chelsea are 'pussys'. Superb. Maybe their owners are more forgiving, not so demanding or expectant

Then again are they as successful ?    

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

:D  Ipso facto Chelsea are 'pussys'. Superb. Maybe their owners are more forgiving, not so demanding or expectant

Then again are they as successful ?    

if they were as demanding, they'd have £26m soldado up top, not harry kane

8 minutes ago, lucio said:

if they were as demanding, they'd have £26m soldado up top, not harry kane

Kane has scored three times as many though, and got three in his first three. No brainer really. 

What people should do if they want kids to play is e mail the club. Should be some interesting responses 

http://www.chelseafc.com/the-club/about-chelsea-football-club/contact-us/contact-general.html

Pretty sure Hiddink would make some changes. Would be surprised if he didn't. We have West Brom to come next Wednesday and then Everton on Saturday. No way he will play the same team for 3 matches in 7 days.

Hiddink would be even more loved by the fans if he starts RLC, Traore, Kenedy and Bamford in this one. He could put players like Willian/Oscar/Pedro, Matic/Mikel, Terry, Cahill, Azpi, Ivanovic around them :) It would be smart move to rest some players after some busy run of fixtures and with next gameweek in 3 days :)

I am at least expecting two of them to start (RLC, Traore, Kenedy, Baba, Bamford) otherwise I will be disappointed even though we crash them with first 11 ;) 

Courtois
Azpi/Ivke - Zouma - Terry/Cahill - Baba
RLC - Mikel/Matic
Traore - Oscar/Willian/Pedro - Kenedy
Bamford

I would absolutely love that first 11 :)

17 hours ago, jernej93 said:

Hiddink would be even more loved by the fans if he starts RLC, Traore, Kenedy and Bamford in this one. He could put players like Willian/Oscar/Pedro, Matic/Mikel, Terry, Cahill, Azpi, Ivanovic around them :) It would be smart move to rest some players after some busy run of fixtures and with next gameweek in 3 days :)

I am at least expecting two of them to start (RLC, Traore, Kenedy, Baba, Bamford) otherwise I will be disappointed even though we crash them with first 11 ;) 

Courtois
Azpi/Ivke - Zouma - Terry/Cahill - Baba
RLC - Mikel/Matic
Traore - Oscar/Willian/Pedro - Kenedy
Bamford

I would absolutely love that first 11 :)

He won't be loved by me if he starts those players and looses. I'd like to see youngsters of course but not at the cost of exiting the competition. First priority for me is win the game.

I know many see this trophy as one which can be sacrificed but not me. For me this is a huge deal and I'm desperate to win it again.

P.S. As for that particular line up. I think it'd be loved more in theory than it would be in practice if it was selected. Of course it won't be so I'll never know whether I'm right about that.

17 hours ago, ILoveLamp said:

Presumably RLC?

Guus said, "There could be a surprise there", meaning in regard to a youngster being included. That's not to say that Ruben won't be involved, just that I wouldn't say he counts as a surprise. Who else might Guus be planing to include? Ola? Patrick? Bertrand? Even Charlie Colkett who posted a picture of a first team shirt on social media this week?

Now that Guus has raised expectation, I hope there is something more to this comment than misdirection. If there is a surprise then Ola at RB or Bertrand up top are my guesses.

Just checked and another member has pointed out that Charlie's instagram picture was a repost from the start of the season so maybe I should scratch him off the list. Shame, I'm a big Colkett fan.

11 minutes ago, James said:

Don't care what anyone says, theres NO excuse not to play at least a FEW youngsters, none. 

I disagree. It is our only realistic chance of winning a trophy. I expect to see RLC AND Kenedy and Baba and that is about it tbh. Maybe Bamford but I will not be in the campe of arguing he should start if he don't simply because his loan at Palace did not work out and we are a much bigger club.