Chelsea v Scunthorpe

Jase

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/4/2016 at 7:30 AM, Tomo said:

We would be handing Scunthorpe victory on a gold plate with that line-up.

A defense that has never played with one and other (Zouma and Baba aside) and 4/6 mids and strikers being kids.

I hope a couple youngsters play but that's overkill, take Pedro out and replace him with another youngster and that line-up would be eligible for an U21 match.

This is our best chance of a trophy and I will be annoyed if we blow it, a lot more annoyed than ill be if the latest teen pet project gets cruelly robbed of twenty minutes at the end.

I think you're right.

Personally I'd go with 

Begovic

Azpi/Ivanovic  Zouma  Cahill  Baba

Ramires  Matic  Loftus-Cheek

Kenedy   Remy/Costa  Hazard/Pedro

I think that when you're introducing youngsters to first team football you need a stable framework to support them so you're talking about one inexperienced lad in defence, midfield and attack. It's a blunt way to describe it but I think it's important that they can look up and see someone they instinctively trust.

You also have to give the older lads like Ramires, Cahill, Matic, Baba and even Hazard who didn't play against Palace the chance to play themselves back into form and maintain their fitness. It's still an important game to win and any team in the football league is savvy enough to identify areas of weakness. Christensen is a good young player but he was targetted by Bradford last season and it caused us problems so you need that framework in place to develop them.

By all means have players like Traore and Musonda on the bench so they can get minutes if we're comfortable but I'd also have players like Willian there to bring on if we're chasing it. It's a delicate balancing act.

What I hope to see:                                                                  What I think we'll see:

------------------Begovic---------------------                             ------------------Begovic---------------------

--Aina-------Cahill-------Papy-------Baba--                             --Azpi-------Terry-------Cahill-------Baba--

---------------RLC-------Mikel---------------                            ------------Matic----------Ramires---------

-Traore----------Willian-----------Kenedy-                            -Pedro----------Fabregas---------Hazard-

--------------Bamford/Remy*---------------                            ----------------------Costa---------------------

*Bamford if back, if not Remy

Subs: Blackman, Ivan, Azpi, Matic,                            

Colkett, Boga, Remy/Pedro.

Fully expecting a strong side out to keep up the momentum and chalk up another win,  so forget the whining 'play the kids'. Its also needed for a confidence booster.

If they keep up the current form we should get close to Wembley, and Guss wants to win it (again).

Hazard wont play for 2 weeks, so i will be happy if Traore/Kennedy will play on his position :) Not Pedro.

Tibo

Azpi-Zouma-Cahill(Terry have his age :/)- Baba

RLC( <3  but not happened... )-Oscar-Mikel

Willian-Remy(Costa whatever)-Kennedy

We need some rotation and new faces in a team :)

22 hours ago, Wizacar said:

I honestly have no idea why remy and falcao are in the squad.. remy is never healthy when neeeded hence hazard in the false 9, and Falcao hasnt been in form for at least 4 years. We should get rid off them both and keep bamford and also buy another striker. If diego costa goes down we might has well brace ourselves for a relegation battle.:offtopic:

They are both January in the Calendar lol..makes you wonder...Falco espically

On 05/01/2016 at 8:38 AM, didierforever said:

remove aina and put in azpi, and this is our proper B team. if our B team, cant win against a league one team at the bridge then, damn, we are in massive massive shit.

each of kenedy, RLC, traore, baba, musonda are good enough to play in PL or atleast championship, ramires, pedro, zouma, bego are really good players. i have not seen much of papy/aina to comment much.

this might be our best chance to win a trophy but its also the only realistic tournament and infact realistic game where these kids can play at all.  

The fact that its our b team just goes to show how incredibly weak our squad is, lower league sides playing PL in the cup can be tough at the best of times (numerous examples of league one sides giving top PL teams close games Bradford vsChelsea, Burton I think it was Vs United last season, Leyton Orient vs Arsenal) put that team out I really really would not be even in the slightest surprised if we are not in the hat for the next round.

What is the point of playing Papy? He is not good enough for us, never will be and will be leaving soon, id rather wejust played Cahill and Zouma or even shoved Ivan or Mikel at CB instead.

I do hope atleast 2 of RLC, Kenedy and Traore get some game time this weekend and the other gets off the bench, but the likes of Papy and Bamford shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

If you can't play Bamford, RLC and Traore against Scunthorpe then when can you?

pre season.  best we can hope for, until there is an overhaul in management