Chelsea 2-0 Scunthorpe

Jase

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So glad loftus cheek came on and was played in his right position.. He is def better at cam than as a holding midfielder. Hiddink will def help him grow. Hope costa's injury isnt serious 

I really don't understand why people are being so negative over this. In my opinion, the most important thing for us was to win this game and secure a spot in the fourth round. Giving young players a chance is not this club's priority right now. The priority is to save the season. And by winning the FA Cup is the easiest way to do it. It's not that easy, you know? Even against a small team, it is not that easy in this competition, because their players are really motivated and can take advantage if the opponents lack experience. Just look at Swansea, or even at United. Hiddink did the right thing. He made sure that we will get through and he built on the last 4 games. We are on a good run, this is our third consecutive clean sheet and we haven't lost in 5 games. Some people probably forgot how that feels and don't really know what to make of it anymore. Well, I tell you what: be happy. Chelsea is winning again, the confidence is back and good times are coming. 

And if you really really think that they want us to use young players... Well... 

rbI9bFf.gif

First half a bit flat after the goal and did think we were gana make it harder.Good to see subs made early and to see rlc score and get a goal even better.How they didn't score at the end who knows.job done and hopefully can go further then last year :-D 

Mikels finally got a song lol.

It was a decent performance, there was no need for us to even leave second gear. We were creating chances, could've comfortably been 3 or more from us. 

Delighted for RLC. I did say that Guus will bring on the youngsters later. Glad he did. We need to keep building the momentum. 

We won the match, RLC, Kenedy and Traore got a run and we kept a clean sheet,,,Job done, now for round four. I know people are saying it was a bit of a flat performance after we scored the first, but in all honesty what did we expect? I felt that we could have steamrollered this lot if we wanted, and that we never needed to get out of second gear. It was a good solid performance without having to overstretch ourselves. They never threatened our goal at all, and as for the penalty shout? Whether they got it or not would have made no difference to the outcome. We may have won by even more had it been given and scored. But what it did show was the ill-dicipline of Ramires who at times can be a liability.

Bring on round four

not just the goal, but the overall performance of RLC was brilliant. 

on the ball, he looks comfortable. that turn was awesome. his movement is also very good. i dont get all that shit that he does not work hard. 

compared to the likes of oscar and pedro, RLC should be getting more if not as much playing time as those "big money" signings. 

kenedy was good too.

ramires is a good B2B player. if you play him as a destroyer and curb his runs, then you are using him in the worst possible way.

oscar and pedro were SHIT.

cesc "ran" the show in the 1st half but as soon as scunthorpe started pressing in the 2nd half, he became shite again.

dont know what happened to begovic's kicks.

zouma needs a partner who can run (so not JT) and someone who can defend well (so not GC).

all in all, happy with the result and the 2nd half performance. 

9 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Excellent little interview with Guus after the game. 

I just love everything the guy says... 

Great interview and insight.

Seems to dodge RLC questions a lot but I guess he's right in the sense he's 19 and is trying to take the spotlight off him.

not just the goal, but the overall performance of RLC was brilliant. 

on the ball, he looks comfortable. that turn was awesome. his movement is also very good. i dont get all that shit that he does not work hard. 

compared to the likes of oscar and pedro, RLC should be getting more if not as much playing time as those "big money" signings. 

kenedy was good too.

ramires is a good B2B player. if you play him as a destroyer and curb his runs, then you are using him in the worst possible way.

oscar and pedro were SHIT.

cesc "ran" the show in the 1st half but as soon as scunthorpe started pressing in the 2nd half, he became shite again.

dont know what happened to begovic's kicks.

zouma needs a partner who can run (so not JT) and someone who can defend well (so not GC).

all in all, happy with the result and the 2nd half performance. 

I thought most of the 2nd half was pretty dire as if they had come out after dominating the 1st easily thinking the 2nd was going to be a doddle.

RLC wasnt all that good to start with and seemed to be running about like a headless chicken ....took a while for him to settle down.