Yuri Zhirkov

the wes

Perfect. Buy a kid who is already whining about a starting job. That looks promising

I know, I know.....the kid has a lot of talent. I recognize that and if he comes, he has my full support

I just never get the good feeling about our buys when PT is being OPENLY criticized by the person.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No player who is a big fish in a small pond likes the idea of moving to a bigger pond where all the fish are at least his size so I can understand his gripe, but as both Chelsea & Barcelona are packed with talent he aint going to get an automatic place in either, & we do at least have a Russian owner.

Edited by jerryballoono

No player who is a big fish in a small pond likes the idea of moving to a bigger pond where all the fish are at least his size so I can understand his gripe

Everyone feels that way yet I don't find many who take it public to gripe

Keep it to yourself and move on

Yuri Zhirkov admits he would rather join Barcelona than Chelsea Football Club.

The Blues are expected to complete a £13million deal for the CSKA Moscow forward this summer, but the Russian international admits he would rather head to the Camp Nou.

“I can clarify my position now,” Zhirkov, 25-years-old, told Sport Express. “I would prefer to join Barcelona, but that does not automatically mean I would turn down Chelsea.

Yuri Zhirkov admits he would rather join Barcelona than Chelsea Football Club.

The Blues are expected to complete a £13million deal for the CSKA Moscow forward this summer, but the Russian international admits he would rather head to the Camp Nou.

"I can clarify my position now," Zhirkov, 25-years-old, told Sport Express. "I would prefer to join Barcelona, but that does not automatically mean I would turn down Chelsea.

Idiot if he has said this. Depends what the source was, but if its goal.com or some other shite, I would discredit it

That would be a Sorpresa for my....

Nobody what to play for us... We are always the 2 choice...

This is the only left winger that is posible to arrive unless Barcelona avoid Real Madrid confrontation for Ribery and that will let us withount any left winger.... Because belive me... Ribery will choose Real not Chelsea.

I really cant understand why any player would prefer to go to another club over Chelsea and thats not just because I am a Chelsea fan. We are consistently competing for all competitions we play in, have immaculate facilities, pay our players well and win trophies. Why the fuck would want to go anywhere else?

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is said to have personally intervened to convince Russia star Yuri Zhirkov that his future is at Stamford Bridge. CSKA Moscow player Zhirkov has stung his suitors with indiscreet comments that he would prefer to play for his boyhood favourites Barcelona and that he would not be happy to sit on the bench for either club.

Chelsea had been close to securing his signing, but Barcelona have targeted him, primarily to vie with Eric Abidal for the left-back spot following Sylvinho's departure.

article-1192512-05222AD1000005DC-685_468

In west London, the versatile left-sided player is likely to be deployed further forward, though Florent Malouda's resurgence means he may not be guaranteed the star billing he might expect.

He would cost between £15m and £20m and reports in Russia suggest that a deal is close - and that England will be his destination.

article-1192512-054BB337000005DC-859_233

Abramovich, who has close links to CSKA through a huge sponsor deal with his former club Sibneft, spoke to Zhirkov after Russia's 3-0 defeat of Finland in Helskinki on Wednesday night.

Afterwards, his Russia team-mates joked that he should pack his bags for Chelsea. More seriously, it has been suggested CSKA's league game at FC Moscow will be his last before a transfer is agreed.

Although Zhirkov this week said he would prefer to play for Barcelona, he did not rule out moving to Chelsea, which he described as a 'dream for anyone'.

Source: Daily Mail

Edited by EskWeston

Its weird to see how these things come around. These players want to play for their boyhood hero's, teams who won things when they were younger, and because Chelsea havent won a Eurpoean cup or anything major like that in the past none of these foriegn superstars watched Chelsea and thought, id love to play there. So now we need to win major honours for good players in the future, its a dodgey circle of football....

orrrr, if not, i could just stfu?

If he doesn't want to come to Chelsea, he can fuck off as far as I'm concerned. I only want players who want to be at the club wearing the jersey at the end of the day.

Well said.

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea eye Yuri Zhirkov to end frustration

Times Online

Chelsea will try to conclude a deal to sign Yuri Zhirkov on Monday to end a frustrating start to the transfer window. The club have failed to secure some targets because of an unwillingness to pay what they deem excessive transfer fees or wages. Club officials will hold talks with CSKA Moscow in Russia to sign the versatile left back, who has been valued at £15 million. The Russia international, who was one of 30 players nominated for European Footballer of the Year last October, has been earmarked as a left winger capable of putting pressure on Florent Malouda.

15m wud be the max we shud be offering for Zhirkov. A good versatile player who can be very useful in adding the depth required. Wud help keep Malouda on his toes as well :P

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You