Yuri Zhirkov

the wes

Ex-Chelsea manager Avram Grant revealed last night that his former club are tracking Russian midfielder Yuri Zhirkov.

Grant was commenting on the Euro 2008 semi-final between Russian and Spain for Israeli TV when he made the revelation. It was previously believed that Chelsea were eyeing Andrei Arshavin but Grant corrected rumours stating that the interest was in fact in Zhirkov.

Zhirkov in action

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zhirkov is very intersting, he's very good technically, very fast and he was in the Euro the most regular Russian player.

He was the best Russian, played quite well vs Spain despite the southout.

But nom, it depends of his price, when i saw the price that City get Jo (Also a player of CSKA Moscow) i was really surprised.

• 7 months later...
Zhirkov is very intersting, he's very good technically, very fast and he was in the Euro the most regular Russian player.

He was the best Russian, played quite well vs Spain despite the southout.

But nom, it depends of his price, when i saw the price that City get Jo (Also a player of CSKA Moscow) i was really surprised.

Yeah, and Milan Baros is world class. :P

There are rumours that Hiddink has suggested Chelsea to Sign Zhirkov in the summer. Although he is being tracked by Barcelona, CSKA moscow's cheif's good relations with Roman can bring him to the bridge.

He is our replacement for Malouda.

I really hope so warnie !

There are rumours that Hiddink has suggested Chelsea to Sign Zhirkov in the summer. Although he is being tracked by Barcelona, CSKA moscow's cheif's good relations with Roman can bring him to the bridge.

He is our replacement for Malouda.

He can also play left back. So thats Bridge's replacement sorted aswell.

• 1 month later...

Russian International Yuri Zhirkov has hinted that he would jump at the chance to play in the Premier League at Chelsea, but also revealed that there had been no contact from the West London club with CSKA Moscow.

Recent reports have linked Chelsea with a move for 25-year-old Zhirkov in the summer, with a £15million offer being mooted for the left winger, who has been dubbed ‘The Russian Ronaldinho’ in his homeland.

Zhirkov, is understood to have been recommended to Blues owner Roman Abramovic, by interim-manager Guus Hiddink, who is also in charge of the Russian national team. Hiddink feels that the talented Russian is just the player required at Stamford Bridge to give a creative edge, when trying to break down opposing defences.

Bayern Munich are also interested in bringing Zhirkov to the Bundesliga, but feel that they will miss out should Chelsea make a formal approach for the Russian.

However, while welcoming the interest from the big European clubs, Zhirkov insists that there will only be a discussion about his future at CSKA if a firm offer arrives for him.

“There are a lot of conversations about this subject but CSKA have not received any formal proposals,” the Zhirkov told Sport Express.

“The president of our club always talks to me about it. To represent a top European club, I think no self-respecting footballer would refuse.

“Talk about this topic [which club he could join] is a guess. When an offer arrives it can be discussed.

“Further statements are for CSKA. In autumn the team starts in the UEFA Champions League and will break the barrier of the group stags, I think all the preconditions for this exist.”

• 1 month later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You