Crystal Palace v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it'll never happen, Bamford isn't good enough to be a starting striker at Chelsea

I'd still prefer him right now than Falcao or seeing Hazard as a false 9 ever again. Remy is also unreliable as a number 2.

I'd still prefer him right now than Falcao or seeing Hazard as a false 9 ever again. Remy is also unreliable as a number 2.

I still see Bamford as a Championship-level striker and Falcao was a favour from Mourinho to Jorge Mendes (as many forum users predicted, Torres 2.0)

What do you mean? He is a good nr. 2 and I would like to see him play more since he usually scores when he does.

I mean this is not the first time Remy has been unavailable at the same time Costa is unavailable...meaning his fitness makes him unreliable. We've had to play a false 9 today, you just don't see that at top clubs. He would be one of the best no. 2's if he was always fit, but he isn't.

Bamford can't play against Palace apparently...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/28/crystal-palace-swansea-city-premier-league-match-report

Bamford, who will not be eligible to play against Palace on Sunday when Chelsea visit, struck this game’s best opportunity straight at Lukasz Fabianski having replaced Chamakh at the interval. Aside from the injuries which have eaten into Pardew’s options, the team will also be without Yohan Cabaye on Sunday after the France international was shown a fifth yellow card of the campaign to incur a one-match suspension.

Of course it'll never happen, Bamford isn't good enough to be a starting striker at Chelsea

Hazard false 9, Falcao, Remy > Bamford...

Emenalo? Mourinho? Is that you?!

Attitudes like this is why Chelsea will never bring players through, written off without even making a start. I wonder how many Spurs fans felt the same about Kane before he broke into the team? Or Arsenal fans about Coquelin?

At least Ferguson and Wenger tried for a while as well with players like Macheda & Frimpong etc. before writing them off or shipping them on loan. Seems like our youth players will never get that luxury, even from some fans.

Hazard false 9, Falcao, Remy > Bamford...

is this based on how many starts Bamford has had for Chelsea? Because I would like you to expand on how the bleeding hell you know.

For all we know, this could be a Harry Kane type story......several loans, some good, some bad moments. Back to Spurs aged 22/23 and a couple of 'forced' upon appearances...makes it good

is this based on how many starts Bamford has had for Chelsea? Because I would like you to expand on how the bleeding hell you know.

For all we know, this could be a Harry Kane type story......several loans, some good, some bad moments. Back to Spurs aged 22/23 and a couple of 'forced' upon appearances...makes it good

So are you saying we should take a kid who has played 9 times and hasn't ever scored in the PL ahead of Remy/Falcao and last resort Hazard as a false 9 to be our second choice in case Costa or the rest of them gets injured? Not a chance.

We are fighting a relegation battle right now unfortunately. We need to score goals to stay up. Although Hazard hasn't score this season I'd back him to score for Chelsea before Bamford, I mean these guys are proven top players. Sure if we were like 10th and comfortable okay maybe time to introduce guys like Bamford since Hiddink is only in charge short term but we are not 10th and we are in a relegation battle.

It took ronaldo 29 games to score 4 goals for man u. Still sir alex stuck with him and now we see what a game player he has become. If only jose mourinho had the same patience with kdb, rlc, and lukaku we would be bearing the fruit of our scouting network. The point is you cannot give kids a game here and there , and expect them to be the finished article. They need to make mistakes and learn from them to be great. Hopefully our next coach is patient with the kids because we have great potential but the kids are never given a chance to reach it.