Crystal Palace 0-3 Chelsea

Jase

Nice - I'm not dreading a Monday at work for the first time in months. 

Still buzzing after that display. Yes the opposition were weakened, but you can only beat what's in front of you! 

Loved our quick passing tempo and keeping hold of the ball. I had Mikel MOTM and still do, but the number of pundits rating Cesc is unreal. I'm sure it was @the Skipper,  who said don't give up on him! Nice work! Can you also pick me 6 numbers out for next weekends lottery please :)

To cap a perfect start to the year, let's hope the kids get a run out against Scunthorpe :)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not only was that a good performance, but 3-0 away at Palace really is a great result, and it easily have been 4 or 5. 

Willian was brilliant in the second half, Costa had a good game, but for me Mikel was MOTM. Controlled the midfield brilliantly under a lot of pressure and managed to always play the right pass. 

We REALLY needed that performance and that scoreline for the confidence to start to flow again. So well done to the players and manager and hopefully we can take the momentum into the next few matches. 

Hiddink on the win today...

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/01/final-whistle-verdict-post-palace.html?extcmp=SOCIA_TW_ENG_NEWS_POSTMATCH

'I have been here for three games plus a game I was in the stand,’ began Hiddink.

‘We have started working and of course there is a lot of quality in this squad - not just the first 11 but from one to 22 with some youngsters.

‘If the team hasn’t been doing well for a long period then it is important to look for security. That’s why we emphasised on good, hard work in a tactical defensive way. I don’t like to see a team drop back very far and seek false security but to look forward and get the ball forward as soon as possible. When they get the ball they know how to play.

‘We don’t need to add a lot to the quality of the players. They are blessed by nature with a big quality but they have to know that when things are not going well, you have to look for the causes.

‘That’s why the very talented players started working on the dirty work and not just the beautiful game - because this league is very demanding and if you think you can do it just on your natural quality this league will kill you.

‘The attitude is okay and automatically their quality comes through. The efficiency of this quality in the past half-year has been very low. We talked about that, we did it in training – small conversations – but if they have this quality and the team is well organised they must produce and then we can enjoy how they play.’

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Really like the guy - talks simple no-nonsense football.

I'm sure the players are enjoying it as well.

I like the way he said 3 games and 1 in the stands, people moaning about him already are a little premature, but it is understandable. I hope the comments surrounding 'moles' and 'player power' now dissappear, Guus is earning every bit of his salary at the moment pulling this team around.

If we can keep the quick high tempo passing and movement we could do well this season - especially in the cup games (domestic and European)

18 games to go - 54 points - its not impossible ? 

2 hours ago, The Mak said:

Chant of the match:

"He left cause you're shit,
He left cause you're shiiiiit,
Patrick Bamford,
He left cause you're shit
."

Great not seeing Pardew's smug face again! Amazing performance! Almost as good as the away support! 

what am I missing here ?

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

To be fair to Pardew he was very fair in his after match comments, played down their good opening and said we were very good today.

I like Pardew, always have - think he's a decent bloke. Very fair analysis of the game 

People often criticize Mikel's role in the squad or in the team saying he's wasting a space/taking minutes from RLC but my god what a performance today. He does the simple things but it offers so much for the guys in front of him. Diego Costa looked like every penny of the 32 million pounds we paid for him as well. 

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

To be fair to Pardew he was very fair in his after match comments, played down their good opening and said we were very good today.

And that's after the reporter asked him a biased question - stating how tight the game was in it. :doh:

2 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Only thing I'm not so elated about after today is the fact we had such a young bench and 3-0 with 30mins to play none of them got on.... That is WEAK

Seriously?

Guus is trying to build a team and get somestability, he lost one experienced and arguably our best player to injury and yet we still bossed the game 

The youth will get their chance - but this really wasn't the game for it! 3 points was the only requirement 

Just now, Muzchap said:

Seriously?

Guus is trying to build a team and get somestability, he lost one experienced and arguably our best player to injury and yet we still bossed the game 

The youth will get their chance - but this really wasn't the game for it! 3 points was the only requirement 

Just my opinion, we've played a lot of football lately without much rotation. The game was won, we do need to use our squad, this is the perfect opportunity to give them time and it wasn't taken. 

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

People often criticize Mikel's role in the squad or in the team saying he's wasting a space/taking minutes from RLC but my god what a performance today. He does the simple things but it offers so much for the guys in front of him. Diego Costa looked like every penny of the 32 million pounds we paid for him as well. 

He moved the ball a lot quicker today and got forward into good positions. I'm a big fan... Anyone who can go months without playing and then come in a play a blinder is the kind of squad player I want.