Crystal Palace 0-3 Chelsea

Jase

Mikel MOTM 

Great TEAM performance :)

Yes, some will be sad the youth didn't get a chance, but I'm with Guus on this 

I expect them to play against Scunthorpe :)

Can we cut the manager a bit of slack now please - we need to get behind the team and see how far we can push 

JT -saying let's see where we go - the lads want CL :) 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bit of a shaky start, but we deserved the victory. Costa back to his best. Willian had a quiet first half but he exploded in the second. My man of the match is a player who I have condemned on numerous occasions in the past, and that was John Obe Mikel. I thought he brought a bit of steadiness to the team and was rock solid.He was immense and thoroughly deserved his start.

Lets keep this going and you never know, we might even make the top half!!!!!!:clown:

The Chelsea fans deserve a hell of a lot credit. They have always been the most vocal away support in the League but supporting like this when the results are supershit proves this is the best away support in England. Singing We're gonna win the league made me laugh :D

Not to mention another chants for Didier Drogba, Frank Lampard, John Obi Mikel or Patrick Bamford. Hats off!!

Great, great display.

I think it was all about the mentality we approached the game and that both from players and manager. You guys know I love Mourinho and it took me time to want him gone (even if I don't like the idea of firing managers during the season), but this is a breath of fresh air. I can love the guy, want him gone later, but still appreciate the changes of his leaving.

The boys played with a lot of passion, a lot of dedication, something we haven't seen in months. That's on them and I got over their bottling or lack of effort playing for Jose. After my first assessment in the Sunderland game I took some time thinking. When the work atmosphere is bad - no matter which field - it's just hard to perform at your best. They probably weren't doing on purpose, they just couldn't do it. But even if they were doing on purpose, that's their problem too. I still want many of them gone, but simply because they aren't good enough.

But the approach was absolutely refreshing. At HT Pardew probably got his guys to exploit our weaknesses and instead of making them more noticeable by parking the bus, we did the opposite. We continued from where we stopped in the first, retained the ball, played very compact, pressed the whole match and counter-attacked with numbers and thirsty. This is amazing and I haven't had this pleasure watching a Chelsea match in a long, long, long time.

I'm still slightly disappointed with how the kids are being handled, but that's not something we can complain only about this manager. We seem to have some problem incorporating them and I wonder who that comes from, if all managers behave the same. Guus did well today, very well. Mikel was a great call. Still I'll vote for Diego for my MOTM. Great movement, goal, assist, smart plays and not one scene. When he was kicked on the legs in that counter-attack, he'd create a fuss, but not today. He's been amazing.

We started 2015 by losing 5-3 to bloody Spurs and what an impact it had had on the performances and everything. Hopefully, hopefully, we will experience something similar but in the opposite direction now!

5 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

MOTM: Chelsea Away Fans. :clap::clap: 

Jesus, that was non-stop chanting. I need to find videos of those fans' performance today. Bless Up. 

Oh and Three Open Play goals??pinch me. 

I'm terrible when it comes to seperating what group of fans are the ones making the most noise. I seriously have no idea (I do like listening to music while I watch games though).

But this I heard so you know it was good. So loud.

What a performance. All this after Hazard went off. Got to give credit to Hiddink. I questioned him starting Fabregas with Mikel. They were simply brilliant. Willian was magnificent once again. Oscar was pure gold as well. Costa is starting to look the striker of last season. Was excellent. Hold up play, runs and back to scoring. Great assist for Oscar too. Defence magnificent. People criticised him for starting Ivanovic but even he was fantastic too as was the rest of the defence. Nice to keep another clean sheet as well.

I think those who were skeptical of Hiddink will give him a lot more credit now. His decisions was vindicated and got us playing lovely football today. COYB :blue scalf:

THAT WAS FUCKING MARVELLOUS!

Outstanding performance from all the boys today. I was absolutely delighted to be proved wrong. 

What a strike from Willian, great defensive display especially from Zouma and Mikel, and my word did Costa have his head on right today!

UP THE BLUES! COME ON CHELSEAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

2 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

So THIS is the difference between having 1-0 lead and defending the lead by parking the bus and having 1-0 lead and attacking the opponent and trying to kill the game. We ACTUALLY KILLED the game by scoring another two goals. I remember Guus claiming that he cannot order his boys to defend after opening the score and not to attack anymore. Which is great, as we have not witnessed this in several months. Thank you!

I said it before and I'll say it again: I'm in celebration mode now that Mourinho's gone. The players were clearly playing without a million duties to fulfill defensively and they enjoyed themselves.

The only thing missing is for Ivanovic to lose his starting spot, even the Danish match-analysts were saying that he will be the death of us in upcoming matches and they highlighted, among others, that moment where Costa gets disposessed and Zaha has a 1 on 1 against Zouma, where Ivanovic didn't bother running back like his life depended on it to cover.

The counter-attacking. Did you all see the counter-attacking? I actually became convinced the team just couldn't counter-attack. Doesn't make sense but that's what it looked like. I saw players flying over the pitch today. Getting forward immediately in an attempt to exploit the space given and the lack of organisation. It was amazing to watch.

Encore. We want more.

Great performance but that's the worst I've seen Palace in a long-time. No Cabaye and no Bolasie was unqestionably something that their fans would (and have) remarked on, but we played some brilliant football ourselves.

Mikel was superb, the defence was solid and we looked better when Hazard went off in my opinion. I think Willian and Pedro compliment one another well with their workrate and that gives the guys in the middle a bit more time to operate. Plus Costa is back doing the basics that he wasn't doing earlier in the season. That to me makes a huge difference. 

Fucking Sky - not showing interview from Guus! 

Grrr 

Long term we know Iva, Pedro and Oscar are probably not good enough, but if they try like that every match, I will find it hard to criticize them! 

Mikel was a revelation - this is how he plays in International games! Long may it continue this season :) I truly couldn't believe that performance :)

Ahh 3-0 feels so nice :)