U-23 XI

DYC.

What players aged 23 or younger would make your team? Interested to see people's choices and aesthetics in terms of team selections. Possibly get to know about new players too.

Courtois

Aurier Mustafi Varane Alaba

Verratti Neves Pogba

Dybala Kane Neymar

Areola; Giménez, Bellerín; Koke, Isco; Fekir, Martial

Special mentions to Shaw, Weigl, Goretzka, Barkley, Sané, Vietto.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Courtois

Aurier-Varane-Rodriguez

Carvalho

Pogba-Verratti

Isco

Sterling-Paco-Neymar

Perin-Laporte-Gayà-Neves-André Gomes-Chamberlain-Aboubakar

I could've sworn Isco was a '91 kid. I messed up there. Apologies to Ross but Isco is a bigger talent imo.

...................Butland.........

Bellerin....Christensen........Zouma.........

......Goretzka............Loftus-Cheek.....

.....Zaha....Musonda....Brandt

...................Kenedy............

..............Bertrand Traoré....

Subs: Timo Horn, Mbemba, Giménez, Weigl, Carvalho, Sané, Ayoze Pérez

It's totally biased!

I'm not denying the special skills of Neymar, Sterling, Pogba and so on, they have shown more,

but i really think that the players from my selection can make it big time!

I'm not buying the jerseys from some superstars and therefore i'm not lining up the likes of already established guys like Pogba or others.

For me, there is no fun in it, everyone can see their abilities, imo.

Bertrand Traoré was one of the best players in the Eredivisie, imo, i think he's able to pull off a Martial,

sometimes the guys need more time like Depay, but one has to try, otherwise you'll never know!

I really hope that Guus will reward playing time to RLC, Musonda, Kenedy and Traoré.

At least some of them can come in during the second half.

But they have to play, otherwise it's useless for them to hang around and decrease their developments.

I only watch a handful of matches every week, i don't know every player, i think there exist cleary better ones in some positions, but footie is just a hobby for me,

i'm not claiming to be an expert.

Regards!

Maybe not so much the 'best' under 23 XI, but my favorite U-23 players to watch.

Bellerin--Stones--Varane--Alaba

--------------Verrati--------

-----Kovacic---------Neves

----------------Isco--------

-----Morata-------Kane

Honorable mentions to: Vietto, Fekir, and Pogba. Haven't seen enough of the first two this season unfortunately.

Such huge fan of that midfield though. Try to catch as many of their matches as possible.

No mention of Max Meyer? Isn't he meant to be the next best product coming out of Germany since Ozil?

I would post an XI, but I really haven't watched enough European/Intl football this season to know. So I'll chip in by mentioning the odd player here and there :D.. But here's an England one;

Butland

Aina - Stones - Chambers - Shaw

Alli-----Loftus Cheek

-------------------Barkley-------------------

Sterling ---------------------------- Ibe

Kane

Subs: Dier, Galloway, Ward-Prose, Redmond, Wilson

Edited by LDN Blue

No mention of Bazoer? I havent seen much of him apart from couple games but he is a realy impressed me vs vitesse and psv. Kinda complete CM and would love to see him in better club soon.

At this stage of his career, plenty of more experienced young players - playing at higher levels as well, have the nod above him imo. If this was U-20 team, then he's up there with the best.

Bazoer is a great talent though. But he's only shown his class in the Eredivisie, mostly against the very poor teams. Not even dominating the league yet but that's normal. It's his first season as a starter.

Courtois

Bellerin - Stones - Varane - Alaba

Verratti - Pogba

Sterling - Isco - Neymar

Martial

I win :)

My team would easily beat your Brendan Rodgers team, Skippy. So much space in midfield to exploit.

my completely biased 11 are

Courtois

Aina, Zouma, Christensen, Ake

RLC, Baker,

Kenedy, Musonda, Traore

Solanke

very mobile midfield 5 that can rotate to different formations and cover each other

honourable mentions to Baba, Abraham and other Chelsea left out plus all those 'worldies' mentioned in posts above ;-)

Bet this team after a couple of matches could give a few teams in the PL a decent game.

Wouldnt mind betting on current form and confidence, they could actually beat the 1st team.

Only done this because throughout different threads on the forum, different posters keep telling us how great xy or z is and better than what we have.....so it must be true