Man United v Chelsea

Jase

Think that highlights that Guus has exactly the same limitations as José. The fact that in 2015 the introduction of Mikel to shake things up odds getting people excited is hilarious. Decent player but hardly Paul Pogba is it and that's who José wanted. Same goes for John Stones in for JT at the back.

The lack of Emenalo's men picking Papy Djoyouwanna is sad at this time of year.

In regards to Papy's signing - surely you can see that it was merely a squad filling signing? Surely you can fathom that perhaps the club wanted to go back for Stones/Marquuinhos in the future so didn't want to spend too much on the wrong player right now?

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to Papy's signing - surely you can see that it was merely a squad filling signing? Surely you can fathom that perhaps the club wanted to go back for Stones/Marquuinhos in the future so didn't want to spend too much on the wrong player right now?

Setting aside the fact we didn't need a squad filler, you're ignoring the issue I've raised a number of times which is the board's lack of ambition/complete fucking ineptitude in signing Stones in the first place. The fact that we actually resorted to buying Papy is the issue. But that's me speculating of course.

According to Sky Sports News, Giggs is taking charge of training because Van Gaal hasn't turned up at the United training ground.

After the way he looked yesterday I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't jumped off a bridge.

Setting aside the fact we didn't need a squad filler, you're ignoring the issue I've raised a number of times which is the board's lack of ambition/complete fucking ineptitude in signing Stones in the first place. The fact that we actually resorted to buying Papy is the issue. But that's me speculating of course.

I can't lie - the board did massively mess up on Stones, I agree, and I'm definitely not defending that. I didn't make much sense of the Papy signing initially either but it made some sense as a low budget squad filling signing.

Courtois

Azpi Cahill Zouma Baba/Kenedy

Mikel

Cesc Matic

Willian Hazard

Remy/Costa

Feel like this would be our most balanced and best lineup for this season.

Our strongest wing (defensively (Azpi, Willian)) with our weakest central players (defensively ( Cahill, Cesc)).

On the other side our weakest wing (defensively (Baba/Kenedy, Hazard)) with our strongest central players ( defensively (Zouma, Matic)).

- Natural attacking fullbacks

- Less reliance on Fabregas for defensive solidity

- 3 man midfield so more cover, more freedom for our front 3

- More freedom for Matic to press and harass as he'd have Mikel behind him protecting the back four.