A New Technical Director

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I'm one of three different people who are on here and now I might be someone from another place? I'm busy!

But no I'm not. Sorry.

Not a problem if you are their a bunch of middle class smug tossers on there. Someone got banned on there for posting they had eggs for breakfast that were not organic and they bought their guava from Sainsbury's and not Waitrose.

A new technical director? Fuck sake are people really taking Mourinho's sacking this badly? I think people need to remember its Chelsea FC and not Mourinho FC. We were 16th....

And also to anyone saying we should follow 'City's blueprint for success' are you fucking serious? I'd prefer we followed what we were doing the last few years than aspire to do what City have done....for a start they replaced Mancini because he finished second. Then they have always bought poorly in terms of age for squad building. They throw money at things, they aren't following a long term plan, they aren't bringing young players through. We might not be taking young players through but you look at what we've bought since 2010 in terms of age for building a squad (although not all of them are here now) and its guys like David Luiz, Oscar, Hazard, Piazon, Romeu, Baba, Courtois, De Bruyne, Schurrle, Azpi, Zouma, etc... under 25 years old, who can have resale value as well as the chance to give us 7-10 years worth of continuity in the squad.

A new technical director? Fuck sake are people really taking Mourinho's sacking this badly? I think people need to remember its Chelsea FC and not Mourinho FC. We were 16th....

I think we've moved beyond the reaction to Jose's sacking and looking at contributing factors including the poor performance of those in key positions throughout the squad.

And also to anyone saying we should follow 'City's blueprint for success' are you fucking serious? I'd prefer we followed what we were doing the last few years than aspire to do what City have done....for a start they replaced Mancini because he finished second. Then they have always bought poorly in terms of age for squad building. They throw money at things, they aren't following a long term plan, they aren't bringing young players through. We might not be taking young players through but you look at what we've bought since 2010 in terms of age for building a squad (although not all of them are here now) and its guys like David Luiz, Oscar, Hazard, Piazon, Romeu, Baba, Courtois, De Bruyne, Schurrle, Azpi, Zouma, etc... under 25 years old, who can have resale value as well as the chance to give us 7-10 years worth of continuity in the squad.

Yet City seem to know exactly which manager they want, exactly what football they want to play and exactly what players they need to do that. In the meantime they're backing their current manager (who will leave even if he wins the league and Champions League), they've developed a fantastic infrastructure both in terms of their facilities but also in terms of player development.

Their owners came in, hired the best people to run the club and stepped back. Our last two technical directors have been Avram Grant and Michael Emenalo. If you're happy with that then I can understand your reaction, but I'm of the belief we should look for people with greater vision than that, who may even be able to contribute to the philosophy of this club.

Emenalo did transfers that in the end people complain that they were sold off by Mourinho: Mata, KDB, Lukaku to name a few. This club won't piss money away like in the past on Stones and Marquinhos. The sooner you accept it the better you'll be. I hate to say it but Mourinho has a terrible track record giving young players a sniff and this club is trying to create a core the way United did and through Hiddink we will see what they are made of

Emenalo did transfers that in the end people complain that they were sold off by Mourinho: Mata, KDB, Lukaku to name a few. This club won't piss money away like in the past on Stones and Marquinhos. The sooner you accept it the better you'll be. I hate to say it but Mourinho has a terrible track record giving young players a sniff and this club is trying to create a core the way United did and through Hiddink we will see what they are made of

amazes me that posters are stating as fact "transfers that Emenalo done"

How do you know especially as his role within the club has changed a couple of times since he joined the club?

You say we won't piss away money, but we tried our best to sign Stones and probably will do in the future. It wasn't a choice not to sign him but complete ineptitude.

CFC definitely had a vision immediately after the CL victory in Munich without a manager (Di Mateo was out of contract) someone in the club took responsibility

to buy players like Hazard, Oscar, Azpilicuta, Victor Moses: young, good and promising. someone or a group of people bought these players and many more and deserves respect.

If we judge people on the past Jose would not be a top manager having never been a great player, just checked on Emenalo and he played in a successful team at the USA 1994 world Cup, judging from players bought in the last 5 Years the club really bought well but if the manager doesn't deem the player good enough.. whose fault is that?

Apparently we can rewrite records on this thread.

AVB by all accounts wasnt involved in a single signing.......the one true god Michael Emenalo done them all even though he had barely stepped into the role of TD.

Yeah, apparently Emanalo brought in Hazard, Oscar, Azpilacueta, and all the good players that stayed, yet Mourinho made all the mistakes and got rid of all the good players like Cech, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Mata, and messed up getting Pogba and Stones :D

what I find increasingly funny about Emenalo is that he had a spell at my hometown 4th tier club Eintracht Trier during the time I was born so it was probably destiny that we would end up attached to the same club later.

Also he looks like Gus Fring from breaking bad.

Other than that I would appreciate having a technical director with actual experience in transfer dealings and such not some puppet out of Roman's magic hat.

In this topic people express their assumptions as fact even though the club is incredibly secretive of its internal machinations.

Strewth Harold, you could drive by and put that in every thread couldn't you. Doesn't seem like it would be conducive to discussion though.