A New Technical Director

Emenalo seems to be appointed as the next enemy of Mourinho's fans. The "football man" at City are paying 40m for the likes of Managala and praying abusive money for talented players like Sterling and Kevin de Bruyne. City is not a role model.

You are right when you say the club need people who understand what football is, because if that was the case, Mourinho would be the last man they would go after back in 2013, when the team had an anti-Mourinho squad, and the fact they waited untill the season was completely doomed to fire him is another indication those people don't know what they are doing. Not to mention appointing the likes of Andre Villas Boas or even giving RDM the full job.

I also would like to understand what do you want from a football director and from the board. I mean, United is supposed to be pretty professional, they just hired Moyes and lost UCL football. LVG was given the job, and they bought players he wanted, now everyone is saying United is full of expensive flops, and now they are set to sack LVG and bring Mourinho. I don't see anyone calling United unprofessional because they are sacking managers and spending money with "flops".

The club need more professionals, I agree, but the one to blame for the current situation is already gone.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He works WITH the manager, how many managers have Chelsea had throughout his tenure? I count 5...

And just because he doesn't have a track record means absolutely nothing! In my eyes he's done a very good job at highlighting talent... He's uncovered a lot of world stars.

Emenalo's players: Willian, Hazard, Oscar, Azpilicueta, Zouma, Kenedy, Lukaku, Kevin de Bruyne.

Mourinho's players: Costa, Pedro, Fabregas.

Its easier for some people to point Emenalo was the one who bought Djiloboji and forge the rest.

He works WITH the manager, how many managers have Chelsea had throughout his tenure? I count 5...

And just because he doesn't have a track record means absolutely nothing! In my eyes he's done a very good job at highlighting talent... He's uncovered a lot of world stars.

We have a vast, talented scouting network and massive buying power. Might be worth giving them some credit too.

The man knows his limitations hence why he tried to quit when Jose came back, yet after this summer he will once again retain his job so I ask once again, what on Earth is his track record that means he should be considered for a role at a Premier League club?

What about his vision of football do you like as opposed to another director like Txiki Begerestain?

That man played over 200 games for Barcelona under Johan Cruyff, the man who was so responsible for modern-day Barca. Emanalo played 50 games under Avram Grant at Maccabi Tel Aviv. Very similar upbringings.

These two people barely played the same sport yet City have gone for the one who represents what they want to be whereas we've gone for the one who is everything we should avoid. He's been overpromoted because he's the boss's mate, something anyone who has been in work for long enough will recognise yet some will back him because.....he's not Jose???

I don't see anyone calling United unprofessional because they are sacking managers and spending money with "flops".

Are you kidding? Ed Woodward has been criticised very heavily by both the fans and the media especially because David Gill did such a brilliant job. Their problem is the void left by Sir Alex who was the lord and ruler of that parish.

Emenalo seems to be appointed as the next enemy of Mourinho's fans. The "football man" at City are paying 40m for the likes of Managala and praying abusive money for talented players like Sterling and Kevin de Bruyne. City is not a role model.

He's not the 'enemy of Mourinho's fans' but he's not respected or liked by Chelsea supporters unfortunately. It's not personal, it's purely professional.

Emenalo's players: Willian, Hazard, Oscar, Azpilicueta, Zouma, Kenedy, Lukaku, Kevin de Bruyne.

Mourinho's players: Costa, Pedro, Fabregas.

Its easier for some people to point Emenalo was the one who bought Djiloboji and forge the rest.

Like Salah, Cuadrado, Hector, Baba Rahman (still young though so fingers crossed) or the sale of Cech to Arsenal....although people seem to argue how much responsibility he actually has. I expect when it's a Hazard, he scouted them, approached them and closed the deal.

Emenalo seems to be appointed as the next enemy of Mourinho's fans.

No mate, Emenalo has been the enemy of Chelsea fans long before José walked back into Chelsea lol. After all, he's the one who got Ancelotti sacked, according to the Italian's fans at the time. Everyone looks to the yes-man when things go wrong, rightly so I guess because we don't need yes-men. We've been plagued with such for a while now to be frank. Gourlay's gone, but it just means Marina moves up who, again, is a yes-(wo)man.

Like Salah, Cuadrado, Hector, Baba Rahman (still young though so fingers crossed) or the sale of Cech to Arsenal....although people seem to argue how much responsibility he actually has. I expect when it's a Hazard, he scouted them, approached them and closed the deal.

Mourinho could've walked away then. I remember discussing this when it was happening as the first big crack in the rejuvenated relationship between Mourinho and the board. Where in 2013 they delivered on all his targets (Costa, Fabregas, Matic, Zouma), they simply failed to that in 2014 (Stones, a CM, Falcao?!) and the sale of Cech to Arsenal without making our own must've been bitterly disappointing to JM.

Mourinho could've walked away then. I remember discussing this when it was happening as the first big crack in the rejuvenated relationship between Mourinho and the board. Where in 2013 they delivered on all his targets (Costa, Fabregas, Matic, Zouma), they simply failed to that in 2014 (Stones, a CM, Falcao?!) and the sale of Cech to Arsenal without making our own must've been bitterly disappointing to JM.

He could've but he was waiting for the United job to open up :D

The most amazing thing about that is he didn't make more of it. He didn't slate the board when he might've been justified in doing so and if he was as scattergun as some have suggested it would've been the first thing wouldn't it? Maybe it was out of loyalty to Roman or simply self-preservation.

I think I've said it elsewhere, I'd love Frank to become technical director. He's a Chelsea bloke, he knows the club, he's very intelligent, he knows all about the English game and what it takes to go from a young promising player to a proper pro, he knows the pressures of management not just from his time as a player but from uncle Harry and I think his style of football is something we should aspire to.

We have a vast, talented scouting network and massive buying power. Might be worth giving them some credit too.

The man knows his limitations hence why he tried to quit when Jose came back, yet after this summer he will once again retain his job so I ask once again, what on Earth is his track record that means he should be considered for a role at a Premier League club?

What about his vision of football do you like as opposed to another director like Txiki Begerestain?

That man played over 200 games for Barcelona under Johan Cruyff, the man who was so responsible for modern-day Barca. Emanalo played 50 games under Avram Grant at Maccabi Tel Aviv. Very similar upbringings.

These two people barely played the same sport yet City have gone for the one who represents what they want to be whereas we've gone for the one who is everything we should avoid. He's been overpromoted because he's the boss's mate, something anyone who has been in work for long enough will recognise yet some will back him because.....he's not Jose???

So now you are only going to credit him when things go poorly? The scouts find the players, Emenalo and the manager work together to figure out which of those players we should acquire.

LOL you ever thought he perhaps wanted to move because Jose has never really like the idea of working with a technical director? beyond that you're just speculating you have no idea if that is even close to true... Pretty weak to even sight that as part of an argument.

Txiki? Hahahahahhaha The man that brought Nasri, Clichy, Sagna, Negredo, Bony, Fernandinho, Fernando, Mangala, Demichelis, Navas, Otamendi, Delph and also was partly responsible for City getting sanctioned by UEFA??? hahahaha brother please.... If thats what you call vision I'd say you're a bit blurry-eyed.

Zola is a footballing God and an awful coach.... Shearer the same. What is the point???

You are quite clearly lost in your anger and have no idea where to direct it.

He could've but he was waiting for the United job to open up :D

The most amazing thing about that is he didn't make more of it. He didn't slate the board when he might've been justified in doing so and if he was as scattergun as some have suggested it would've been the first thing wouldn't it? Maybe it was out of loyalty to Roman or simply self-preservation.

I think I've said it elsewhere, I'd love Frank to become technical director. He's a Chelsea bloke, he knows the club, he's very intelligent, he knows all about the English game and what it takes to go from a young promising player to a proper pro, he knows the pressures of management not just from his time as a player but from uncle Harry and I think his style of football is something we should aspire to.

Sort of explains his crazy behaviour with the pressers. Couldn't directly say anything to the board so decided to channel his anger outside of it :lol:

Yeah Lampard is a good shout, but I'm sure he'll even feel it's too soon. Iirc, Lampard didn't have any intention of carrying on in football. He hasn't done any coaching badges yet, which players his age would usually start doing by now. Maybe he'll change his mind and be more open to it. It would be mad to have one day Lampard, Drogba and Terry working at the club in some kind of capacity. You can see Terry probably having board aspirations one day after trying his tipple at coaching, Drogs would want to as well.

Let's hope he doesn't take Uncle Harry's wheeler-dealer genes :D

No mate, Emenalo has been the enemy of Chelsea fans long before José walked back into Chelsea lol. After all, he's the one who got Ancelotti sacked, according to the Italian's fans at the time. Everyone looks to the yes-man when things go wrong, rightly so I guess because we don't need yes-men. We've been plagued with such for a while now to be frank. Gourlay's gone, but it just means Marina moves up who, again, is a yes-(wo)man.

Cech to Arsenal was 100% right. It just doesn't make any sense to have a expensive GK in your squad that would be playing no more than 10 games a season, it was also pretty disrespectful wtih Cech. I'm happy he is with Arsenal at the moment.

Emenalo is not the one making decisions, and I really don't know how he was to blame for Carlo sacking.

Cech to Arsenal was 100% right. It just doesn't make any sense to have a expensive GK in your squad that would be playing no more than 10 games a season, it was also pretty disrespectful wtih Cech. I'm happy he is with Arsenal at the moment.

Emenalo is not the one making decisions, and I really don't know how he was to blame for Carlo sacking.

Because people believed anything they read. Ray Wilkins was sacked and Emenalo suddenly started sitting in the dugout and attending training.. Fans took 1+1 and got 5 :lol:

I don't agree with Cech to Arsenal. You think Real would have ever sold Iker to Barcelona? United would sell DDG to Arsenal? Hell even Liverpool lied about Suarez's release clause when Arsenal came with their money! I'm not saying we should've kept Cech, but we should have never sold him to a PL rival.

So now you are only going to credit him when things go poorly? The scouts find the players, Emenalo and the manager work together to figure out which of those players we should acquire.

Personally I don't credit him for the successes nor do I admonish him for the failures. I think he's nothing more than a yes man and that's not what we need in that position when we have such a high turnover of managers.

LOL you ever thought he perhaps wanted to move because Jose has never really like the idea of working with a technical director? beyond that you're just speculating you have no idea if that is even close to true... Pretty weak to even sight that as part of an argument.

LMAO I don't know why he offered his resignation but OMG I think that it was absolutely the best thing for the club KTBFFH.

Txiki? Hahahahahhaha The man that brought Nasri, Clichy, Sagna, Negredo, Bony, Fernandinho, Fernando, Mangala, Demichelis, Navas, Otamendi, Delph and also was partly responsible for City getting sanctioned by UEFA??? hahahaha brother please.... If thats what you call vision I'd say you're a bit blurry-eyed.

Txiki, the man who helped establish a dynasty at Barcelona and gave (along with Laporta) Guardiola the job of coach. Why is Otamendi in that list by the way? And Delph? And about half a dozen league winners at a guess?

You are quite clearly lost in your anger and have no idea where to direct it.

I'm frustrated but I can still see that rather than give arguments about the suitability of Emenalo, you're creating strawmen arguments and weak ones at that. That's fine I suppose but it doesn't really advance the discussion about what is best for the club.

You forgot to change your avatar too.

Sort of explains his crazy behaviour with the pressers. Couldn't directly say anything to the board so decided to channel his anger outside of it :lol:

Yeah Lampard is a good shout, but I'm sure he'll even feel it's too soon. Iirc, Lampard didn't have any intention of carrying on in football. He hasn't done any coaching badges yet, which players his age would usually start doing by now. Maybe he'll change his mind and be more open to it. It would be mad to have one day Lampard, Drogba and Terry working at the club in some kind of capacity. You can see Terry probably having board aspirations one day after trying his tipple at coaching, Drogs would want to as well.

Let's hope he doesn't take Uncle Harry's wheeler-dealer genes :D

He's got a vast property empire (by most standards), he's media-ready and he's got the books. He doesn't need to do it but he fits into the dream team that you've described. Also wanted Seb Coe as president or something similar but the whole World Athletics thing seems to have gotten in the way.

Personally I don't credit him for the successes nor do I admonish him for the failures. I think he's nothing more than a yes man and that's not what we need in that position when we have such a high turnover of managers.

LMAO I don't know why he offered his resignation but OMG I think that it was absolutely the best thing for the club KTBFFH.

Txiki, the man who helped establish a dynasty at Barcelona and gave (along with Laporta) Guardiola the job of coach. Why is Otamendi in that list by the way? And Delph? And about half a dozen league winners at a guess?

I'm frustrated but I can still see that rather than give arguments about the suitability of Emenalo, you're creating strawmen arguments and weak ones at that. That's fine I suppose but it doesn't really advance the discussion about what is best for the club.

Your opinion of him is childish and well off the mark. Roman, a man who hires and fires at will, is going to employ a man because he is a yes man? Who are we to give credit to for the players who have been brought in by the club since 2011? bearing in mind we've had 5 managers in that spell.

Asinine... Not worth addressing.

Why do you keep going back to Barca? They had a structure in place long before Txiki... They produced talent! They didn't have a great record BUYING IT! And all he's done at his time at City is spend and spend and spend and they have yet to establish themselves as a super power meanwhile they've been sanctioned and don't seem to have any sort of "vision" at all.

Hey Henrique, there's a bloke called Henrique who disagrees with you.

Mate, you are better than this. You know I said Emenalo is not the one who will decide if a manager is sacked or not. Regarding the players, the is the one who indetified them, and thats pretty different from making decisions like firing Jose Mourinho.

You should be more positive mate, I reckon you joined this forum only to express how mad you are because Jose was sacked. You already have 200 posts in 5 days, thats pretty active, but I'm looking forward to hearing from you anything that is not related with Mourinho leaving the club.

You should be really excited for the rest of the season, because I see good things coming.

Your opinion of him is childish and well off the mark. Roman, a man who hires and fires at will, is going to employ a man because he is a yes man? Who are we to give credit to for the players who have been brought in by the club since 2011? bearing in mind we've had 5 managers in that spell.

I'd give the credit to the scouting staff and the club as a whole, but then we'd have to attribute the failures to them as well. What we've seen is a somewhat scattergun approach in that time with a focus on appreciating assets rather than identifying a specific type of player to fit a specific style.

Why do you keep going back to Barca? They had a structure in place long before Txiki... They produced talent! They didn't have a great record BUYING IT! And all he's done at his time at City is spend and spend and spend and they have yet to establish themselves as a super power meanwhile they've been sanctioned and don't seem to have any sort of "vision" at all.

I keep going back to Barca (and Bayern, and City) because they've established the blueprint for dynastic success and a lot of people seem to want Pep because of it. As for their purchases, that's a point I'd need to see developed further and whilst you can mention people like Ibra and maybe Sanchez, there are also the Ronaldinhos and Eto'os as well. Let's just say that it's a contentious point you've raised rather than dismiss it as wrong ok?

As for City's vision, I disagree. They've got everything in place not just at Man City (they know exactly who they want and have built a tremendous infrastructure) but as a whole group. Again, not saying you're wrong but I don't agree.

I'd give the credit to the scouting staff and the club as a whole, but then we'd have to attribute the failures to them as well. What we've seen is a somewhat scattergun approach in that time with a focus on appreciating assets rather than identifying a specific type of player to fit a specific style.

I keep going back to Barca (and Bayern, and City) because they've established the blueprint for dynastic success and a lot of people seem to want Pep because of it. As for their purchases, that's a point I'd need to see developed further and whilst you can mention people like Ibra and maybe Sanchez, there are also the Ronaldinhos and Eto'os as well. Let's just say that it's a contentious point you've raised rather than dismiss it as wrong ok?

As for City's vision, I disagree. They've got everything in place not just at Man City (they know exactly who they want and have built a tremendous infrastructure) but as a whole group. Again, not saying you're wrong but I don't agree.

Lol... City have established a blueprint for dynastic success??? Hahahahaha

Barca cultivated their success it wasn't bought. And if you compare the resume of Txiki's successes and failures from 2003-10 to that of your whipping boy, Emenalo I would bet it stacks up favourably.

Lol... City have established a blueprint for dynastic success??? Hahahahaha

Barca cultivated their success it wasn't bought. And if you compare the resume of Txiki's successes and failures from 2003-10 to that of your whipping boy, Emenalo I would bet it stacks up favourably.

Yes, I believe City are well-placed to achieve success over the next decade or so.

You may believe that Barca grew all of their players and they certainly have a fine pedigree in that regard, but right now they have the 3rd and 4th most expensive players of all time playing up front for them. Then you've got the Ibras, Etoos, Alves, Mascheranos, Henry's, Ronaldinhos, Songs, Fabregass, Villas etc. Again, you're welcome to disagree but I think they've perfectly married the purchasing of expensive players and nurturing of youngsters all in a cohesive footballing style.

Yes, I believe City are well-placed to achieve success over the next decade or so.

You may believe that Barca grew all of their players and they certainly have a fine pedigree in that regard, but right now they have the 3rd and 4th most expensive players of all time playing up front for them. Then you've got the Ibras, Etoos, Alves, Mascheranos, Henry's, Ronaldinhos, Songs, Fabregass, Villas etc. Again, you're welcome to disagree but I think they've perfectly married the purchasing of expensive players and nurturing of youngsters all in a cohesive footballing style.

Got to ask son are you Blue Daze former chief provocateur of the Shed End Forum?.