The Hiddink Thread

MefiX19

That would be the future laid out by whom exactly?

Like it or not, Jose was the only one with a plan going forward. He was the one who wanted a defensive backbone of Zouma and Stones. What did he get? Papy Djofimfmlfl. He wanted competition in midfield, the club didn't back him. He wanted us not to sell a great goalkeeper to a direct rival. The club couldn't even back him on that.

We were perfectly primed to kick on from last season. We didn't. How is that his fault alone?

So because of the summer transfer window it's exactly why we was one point above relegation zone in December?

Oh wow it all makes sense now!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By not spending a hundred million quid means the club is dropping back? No wonder some call us blues fans plastics....

not improving the squad is dropping back in any competitive league. As for the plastic comment, come on mate. Really? Leave that to the Arsenal and Liverpool fans, use a bit more imagination in future.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-interim-manager-guus-hiddink-7043226

Would be great if Guus get more holistic job than just a first team coach Apparently he has to assess the squad and draw a blueprint moving forward. He is becoming a senior advisor of the club, something that he supposedly was offered after his first stint in 2009 but seemingly nothing came off with this.

Dropping back... to a spot just above the relegation zone? :doh:

I think is the height of arrogance to think you can show no ambition and not be overtaken by any team in this league. But you tell me what you think the board's aim was this season? Top four maybe? That isn't the right message to send.

I think is the height of arrogance to think you can show no ambition and not be overtaken by any team in this league. But you tell me what you think the board's aim was this season? Top four maybe? That isn't the right message to send.

City when they won the league they didn't spend much the next season.

They couldn't retain the league, but surely didn't fall apart.

Drogba has come in to distract some people. It's a PR move and nothing more in my opinion but it might lift the mood a bit and that's a good thing.

Does anyone really think Drogba is top coach material because I'm not convinced. Great player but I've never thought he would move into that side of the game so it just seems to be a way to placate some people. Remember when we got Rafa and he bought in Zenden for no reason whatsoever? This is a better version of that apparently.

The bigger issue is that this squad needs about £60 million worth of improvements done to it (it actually needed that in Summer but hey ho). Whose targets are we chasing? Hiddink's?

Basically the club is in disarray and doesn't have a scooby. But Didier is back so let's all just enjoy that.

Drogba is a natural leader and very well respected by the playing squad. Comparing him to Zenden is quite insulting. He's proper Chels.

Drogba is a natural leader and very well respected by the playing squad. Comparing him to Zenden is quite insulting. He's proper Chels.

It's only insulting if you're looking to be insulted and want to misconstrue what I said. I compared their appointments, not their character, playing styles or anything else.

And yes I agree he's a natural leader, but I asked if he was coaching material. There have been many great leaders throughout our history and football in general but coaching requires more than that.

But thank you for explaining that Drogba is proper Chels. It's not like there's a banner pointing that out to me directly in front of my seats.

you can hear the sound of tumbleweed as Mark Stein is being googled [emoji6]

Thats some superiority complex right there. I bet even 20 year old die hard - i go to every game - fans do not know him. He didnt even come of the bench his last years here in the nineties [emoji23].

Anyway, nice subtle dig on the foreigners fans. [emoji106][emoji123]. There is only one place to be, I guess.

Thats some superiority complex right there. I bet even 20 year old die hard - i go to every game - fans do not know him. He didnt even come of the bench his last years here in the nineties [emoji23].

Anyway, nice subtle dig on the foreigners fans. [emoji106][emoji123]. There is only one place to be, I guess.

No superiority...

My memory is normally not that great remembering players but for some reason he stood out for scoring 7 on the trot when we were in relegation battle.

However, nothing wrong with googling players or records if you are not sure....everybody does it hence the comment

That's some victimhood complex you've got going on if you're looking for ways to be offended. Not sure what it's got to do with foreign fans either, if anything it was a dig at people who don't know the history of the club but even then you'd probably pull a muscle trying to look for offence.

Everyone seems to be on tenterhooks looking for something to be upset about, unless it's the fans at the game in which case you can call them deluded, insane or a fucking disgrace apparently. Funny old time.

That's some victimhood complex you've got going on if you're looking for ways to be offended. Not sure what it's got to do with foreign fans either, if anything it was a dig at people who don't know the history of the club but even then you'd probably pull a muscle trying to look for offence.

Everyone seems to be on tenterhooks looking for something to be upset about, unless it's the fans at the game in which case you can call them deluded, insane or a fucking disgrace apparently. Funny old time.

Dude, just look at pretty much every post you made. Im not disturbed by the fans at the bridge whatsoever. I do see you making passive aggressive comments on here the last days a lot - all with the tongue in cheeck/us real fans - outlook.

Anyway, no problem if you feel Chels is only for residents. I disagree.

Dude, just look at pretty much every post you made. Im not disturbed by the fans at the bridge whatsoever. I do see you making passive aggressive comments on here the last days a lot - all with the tongue in cheeck/us real fans - outlook.

Anyway, no problem if you feel Chels is only for residents. I disagree.

Residents of what? Chelsea? The borough? Most people at the Bridge travel in from all around the country.

But what I've seen is people slag them off, question their mentality, question their right to voice their disproval and not once have I said anything about their nationality. We have great international fans and have done ever since I've been going.

For me it's not about that so don't go trying to make out it is. Let's see your posts where you've defended supporters from people slagged off on here. I've done it.