The Hiddink Thread

MefiX19

51 minutes ago, BlueLion said:

Thinking about it, that's a fucking horrendous run-in :lol: But if we avoid defeat in that period, going 22 games unbeaten is a phenomenal pointless achievement, even if (at our current rate) about 15 of them will be draws :lol: 

Fixed. 

I get why you'd want an unbeaten spell inside a season to help morale and gain momentum, but what's the point of it in a run-in, particularly when we have nothing to play for anymore..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CHOULO19 said:

Fixed. 

I get why you'd want an unbeaten spell inside a season to help morale and gain momentum, but what's the point of it in a run-in, particularly when we have nothing to play for anymore..

It'll continue into the next season. 8 wins and draws to start the season and all of a sudden we're unbeaten in 30.

3 hours ago, Kieran. said:

It'll continue into the next season. 8 wins and draws to start the season and all of a sudden we're unbeaten in 30.

Precisely. Something for Conte to work with. We're scraping the very bottom of the barrel, I know, but something positive to cling onto over the summer is better than nothing. We're fortunate for the Euros this summer, otherwise it would be a very long and painful wait for the new season.

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

Villa away bring a bogey ground is truly a thing if the past. 10 points in 5 games there in recent times has put pay to that, still saying Villa Park is a bogey ground is the equivalent off us still regarding White Hart Lane as a routine three points.

5 games doesn't consign something to the past... people ignore the importance of history in football. It often outweighs form by a considerable distance.

44 minutes ago, BlueLion said:

Precisely. Something for Conte to work with. We're scraping the very bottom of the barrel, I know, but something positive to cling onto over the summer is better than nothing. We're fortunate for the Euros this summer, otherwise it would be a very long and painful wait for the new season.

5 games doesn't consign something to the past... people ignore the importance of history in football. It often outweighs form by a considerable distance.

It is certainly enough time to alter the complex of the fixture, yes pre 2009 I saw Villa Park as a bogey stadium but four wins since has altered my views on that regard.

Look at Spurs vs Arsenal for example,ten years Tottenham went without beating Arsenal in the league, they finally do it and now Spurs go into it thinking they can beat them and often do.

In fact look at our own record against Arsenal in prem era, a lucky richochet off Drogbas knee is all It took to almost swap who had the inferiority complex in that particular head to head.

59 minutes ago, MichaelDance said:

The issue here is if we keep on winning 1 point per game all the other teams need to do is win 3 points to drag us down.

Yep that's the problem could easily be dragged back down the table.not that it matters as never gana get eruope or anything but be nice to finish top half even if it is 10th..probably end up back to 14th to be annoying 

Edited by Laylabelle

On 19/03/2016 at 3:53 AM, Tomo said:

Because if all those players played instead of being happy their probably be groans because Miazga didnt start and Jake Clarke Salter didn't come on at 3-0. 

Where you here when we played Shrewsbury? Christensen, Ake and Zouma (who was " youth" at the time) got selected, in the threads after instead of being happy three teenagers got their chance it was "Jose hates youth, how dare he not play Baker and Brown".

Fair enough if this happen, but just because a couple of internet warriors wanted a team of U-21s to play, does not mean that should stop the current manager to do the "right" thing.

Why is not RLC playing ahead of oscar? Why is not Baba playing? Remy has been said to be leaving us for 2 windows and I am quite certain that he surely will leave now, why not start with traore. This is not a knockout competition, we are not in a position where we would lose something even if these 4 perform poorly like baba did against soton. We literally have nothing to lose. and infact playing RLC over oscar would make us better imo. So why not give these kids the oppurtunity? Why just start with the best FIFA rated players? 

13 hours ago, Tomo said:

It is certainly enough time to alter the complex of the fixture, yes pre 2009 I saw Villa Park as a bogey stadium but four wins since has altered my views on that regard.

Look at Spurs vs Arsenal for example,ten years Tottenham went without beating Arsenal in the league, they finally do it and now Spurs go into it thinking they can beat them and often do.

In fact look at our own record against Arsenal in prem era, a lucky richochet off Drogbas knee is all It took to almost swap who had the inferiority complex in that particular head to head.

I agree with your two examples, especially the Chelsea-Arsenal one, as that is something that has resulted in more than a decade of dominance... the Villa Park hoodoo has only been "dead" for five seasons (though let's not forget the 13/14 defeat, with Delph's worldie and Willian's red card), so let's not get carried away... even in their shittest of shit seasons, I expect Villa to go out all guns blazing against us, because, just like Newcastle, they are shitcunts of the highest order and like to raise their game against us.

2 hours ago, BlueLion said:

I agree with your two examples, especially the Chelsea-Arsenal one, as that is something that has resulted in more than a decade of dominance... the Villa Park hoodoo has only been "dead" for five seasons (though let's not forget the 13/14 defeat, with Delph's worldie and Willian's red card), so let's not get carried away... even in their shittest of shit seasons, I expect Villa to go out all guns blazing against us, because, just like Newcastle, they are shitcunts of the highest order and like to raise their game against us.

If we can't beat Aston Villa, maybe we should take their place at the bottom of the table.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2016 at 4:48 AM, Tomo said:

On 3/21/2016 at 6:47 PM, BlueLion said:

Funnily enough, our fortunes at Villa Park began to change when Hiddink came in the first time around in 2008/09.

Before that season, we've only won 5 times in 16 Premier League visits to Aston Villa - drawing 6 and losing 5 of the other games. In fact, we were winless in 9 visits before 2008/09 - D6 L3.

Since 2008/09 onwards, we've recorded 5 wins in 8 visits - drawing 1 and losing 2 of the other 3.

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/04/2016 at 6:30 PM, xPetrCechx said:

'It would be nice to be unbeaten until the end of the season. When I bring young kids in there is a bigger risk of failure, but I prefer that.'

and now the run is gone.... and so are the kids.

he really has done an awful job. 

The most awful season, the most awful manager.

I cant even start to express my disgust with him. Just look at that line up. If JT was fit, would even Baba be starting? Honestly Guss, are you kidding us. A lot of fans around the bridge have started calling him Gutless Guss and rightly so.

First Jose and now him. What a sad season. Cant wait for it to simply end. Shit players, Shit manager.

WHAT A FUCKING JOKE YOU ARE GUUS. NO WONDER NETHERLANDS WERE SHIT UNDER YOU. THE PREMIER LEAGUE MUST BAN MANAGERS FROM NETHERLANDS MANAGING IN THE EPL AND TO STOP MANAGERS FROM PLAYING PLAYERS OUT OF POSITION.

KEVINASHBURNER on TapaTalk