test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MefiX19

The Hiddink Thread

Started by MefiX19,

1,073 posts in this topic

Life after:Hiddink

Quote

News Sat 14 May 2016  

Guus Hiddink has shared a little insight into what the future holds for him after Sunday’s game against Leicester City.

That will be the last one in charge of the team for the man who took over for a second time back in December, and although he has indicated he might have some part to play in the future at Chelsea, his day to day involvement is coming to an end.

‘I will be a few days more in Cobham to clear the office of course, it is chaotic,’ he smiled, ‘and then I go back to Amsterdam and then to France where I will follow the Euros a bit and do some TV work, and then the new season is starting and I will be curious about how the Premier League is going to go as a lot of changes are going to happen I think.

‘There are a lot of changes in management positions so that will bring other influences, and there is more money for the, with all respect, lesser clubs to sign players, so the coming time in the Premier League will be very attractive.’

Despite this season showing quite clearly that a status quo at the top of the league table can be challenged, Hiddink anticipates a response from the regularly leading sides.   

‘It might be a warning that they were caught out by Leicester and Spurs,’ he said, ‘so they have to be on their toes and I think they will be.’

chelseafc.com


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumour has it he wants the England job.

Would have been a brilliant appointment in the 00s, but now I'd prefer Big Sam, England need to start building from the back and if his recent spell here is anything to go by, that man isn't Guus.

Not to mention his awful international record since leaving Russia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2016 at 0:36 AM, Tomo said:

Rumour has it he wants the England job.

Would have been a brilliant appointment in the 00s, but now I'd prefer Big Sam, England need to start building from the back and if his recent spell here is anything to go by, that man isn't Guus.

Not to mention his awful international record since leaving Russia.

I'd say Van Gaal. :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2016 at 0:36 PM, Tomo said:

Rumour has it he wants the England job.

Would have been a brilliant appointment in the 00s, but now I'd prefer Big Sam, England need to start building from the back and if his recent spell here is anything to go by, that man isn't Guus.

Not to mention his awful international record since leaving Russia.

Building from the back, skipping the midfield, and straight to the big number nine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Spike said:

Building from the back, skipping the midfield, and straight to the big number nine.

Big Sam shown at Bolton that season with Okocha and Djorkeaf, along with that season at West Ham with Sakho and Valencia that he can and will play good football when he has the resources and isn't all about hoof ball.

Stats and The Skipper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Big Sam shown at Bolton that season with Okocha and Djorkeaf, along with that season at West Ham with Sakho and Valencia that he can and will play good football when he has the resources and isn't all about hoof ball.

 

He can't buy new players for England. Good luck with finding the English equivalents of Okocha and Djorkaef

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Spike said:

 

He can't buy new players for England. Good luck with finding the English equivalents of Okocha and Djorkaef

 

Their are some very decent players in the England squad, even Roy got some eye pleasing displays out of them, Germany for example in March.

The problem is the constant appointing of crap manager's, only good one since the millennium is Cappello (the Germany game unfairly tainting an overall positive spell for me), Sven had the best team since 66, Roy is a clueless small time manager who thinks he's some master of the game and let's not go there with McLaren.

Sam is actually one of the managers that evolves with the times, and it shows in the tactical set up of his team's compared to the other British manager's, whatever the strength of this England team is he will play to it and will it make England the best team? No, but I'd feel a lot more confident about being able to compete in the big ones as opposed to any other British manager (thank fuck Southgate and Pearce are out of the running).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Their are some very decent players in the England squad, even Roy got some eye pleasing displays out of them, Germany for example in March.

The problem is the constant appointing of crap manager's, only good one since the millennium is Cappello (the Germany game unfairly tainting an overall positive spell for me), Sven had the best team since 66, Roy is a clueless small time manager who thinks he's some master of the game and let's not go there with McLaren.

Sam is actually one of the managers that evolves with the times, and it shows in the tactical set up of his team's compared to the other British manager's, whatever the strength of this England team is he will play to it and will it make England the best team? No, but I'd feel a lot more confident about being able to compete in the big ones as opposed to any other British manager (thank fuck Southgate and Pearce are out of the running).

Change the manager as much as you like but that'll never change the attitude and culture of English footballers. This is deeper than simply exchanging bits, English sports as deep grassroots issues. Naught will change until the FA and coaching does.

For starters it took an Australian to change how England play union. Before him, English union was penalty kicks with a little tackling in between. Even then it's only skin deep and it'll change the next Pommy that is in charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you ask me, England NT's worst enemy is the English media. They create so much hype and so many expectations before every tournaments and it all turns into useless pressure. Look at the Italians and how they treat these situations. They think positively, yet they do not expect huge things to happen. And somehow they almost always do better than England. The mentality is the issue, not the manager. even though Roy cannot be a decent solution in 2016, let's be honest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.