The Hiddink Thread

MefiX19

Hiddink on #CFC hierarchy message: "Get away from the relegation zone — that was what they asked me to do" #CFC (Mail)

Hiddink on #CFC hierarchy message: "And if you can do more and get us to an FA Cup final & Champions League that would be marvellous" (Mail)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all honesty, Guus' superman image has now dissolved.

I was one of those in the Shed back in 2009 (vs Blackburn when Malouda scored one of the best headers I've ever seen...) when we were singing "Guus Hiddink, we want you to stay" and "You can stick your Ancelotti up your arse".

Guus' short reign in 2009 was a near-perfect period for the club. We went through a stage of being the most-feared team in Europe. We secured third place in style (that 4-1 win at the Emirates was the single best Chelsea away performance in the Abramovich era until City away in 2013/14), won the FA Cup, and only a cunt of a referee prevented us from getting revenge on United in the Champions League. We would have won that final in Rome. We'd have fucking smashed them, because we were unbeatable with an inspired coach. I remember him bringing Kalou off after half an hour in the 4-4 draw with Liverpool. He was having a shocker - so Guus brings on Anelka who ends up having the game of his life and sets up three goals for us to knock the Scouse cunts out. Even José didn't have the bollocks to pull stunts like that in a Champions League quarter-final! We all desperately wanted him to stay, because he got the best out of an outstanding squad. We played some very exciting football and we just would not fucking give up.

This time round, it's almost as if he's realised this is an impossible job, trying to sort out a bunch of spineless tossers. He's done an incredible job - to get 25 points from 39 since he came in (especially since we only took 15 out of the first 48) is a massive, massive turn-around. But his team selection, his substitutions, and his approach to games in general have left an awful lot to be desired. We looked hopeless in both games vs PSG, and the Everton game on Saturday is the lowest I've felt in an unbelievably shit season. I can't blame him for not really giving a shit, especially considering the poverty options available to him, but when he came in, I think we all had serious hopes and ambitions that he'd genuinely inspire us on to win a piece of silverware of maybe even get us into the top 4 - another miracle job - in order to help plaster over the cracks of this campaign. But there just haven't been any signs that would indicate that, and now our season is over by mid-March. His biggest challenge, now, is motivating this bunch of bottlers for the final push in the Premier League. 

On 3/12/2016 at 9:34 PM, xPetrCechx said:

Guus Hiddink evidently thinks John Terry is a better striker than Alexandre Pato. What a joke that signing has been.

I thought it was obvious Terry was brought in to win headers as we were looking to play long balls. It wasn't the first time, he's been used as an extra striker in situations like this for as long as I can remember. Even the equalizer against United came partly thanks to JT's movement. Pato, with his suspect match fitness and what I assume to be not great aerial ability, wouldn't have helped us one bit I feel. I'm surprised nobody's calling for Falcao to play, they both are basically playing the same role in the team (injured or unfit misfits).

Forget about Pato, this deal is a flop.

On 3/15/2016 at 11:15 AM, BlueLion said:

In all honesty, Guus' superman image has now dissolved.

I was one of those in the Shed back in 2009 (vs Blackburn when Malouda scored one of the best headers I've ever seen...) when we were singing "Guus Hiddink, we want you to stay" and "You can stick your Ancelotti up your arse".

Guus' short reign in 2009 was a near-perfect period for the club. We went through a stage of being the most-feared team in Europe. We secured third place in style (that 4-1 win at the Emirates was the single best Chelsea away performance in the Abramovich era until City away in 2013/14), won the FA Cup, and only a cunt of a referee prevented us from getting revenge on United in the Champions League. We would have won that final in Rome. We'd have fucking smashed them, because we were unbeatable with an inspired coach. I remember him bringing Kalou off after half an hour in the 4-4 draw with Liverpool. He was having a shocker - so Guus brings on Anelka who ends up having the game of his life and sets up three goals for us to knock the Scouse cunts out. Even José didn't have the bollocks to pull stunts like that in a Champions League quarter-final! We all desperately wanted him to stay, because he got the best out of an outstanding squad. We played some very exciting football and we just would not fucking give up.

This time round, it's almost as if he's realised this is an impossible job, trying to sort out a bunch of spineless tossers. He's done an incredible job - to get 25 points from 39 since he came in (especially since we only took 15 out of the first 48) is a massive, massive turn-around. But his team selection, his substitutions, and his approach to games in general have left an awful lot to be desired. We looked hopeless in both games vs PSG, and the Everton game on Saturday is the lowest I've felt in an unbelievably shit season. I can't blame him for not really giving a shit, especially considering the poverty options available to him, but when he came in, I think we all had serious hopes and ambitions that he'd genuinely inspire us on to win a piece of silverware of maybe even get us into the top 4 - another miracle job - in order to help plaster over the cracks of this campaign. But there just haven't been any signs that would indicate that, and now our season is over by mid-March. His biggest challenge, now, is motivating this bunch of bottlers for the final push in the Premier League. 

Been saying for long time that having someone like Cesc to be your leader and key mid is  bad for club. However I didnt expect whole squad to go ballless in this season. 

Take a look at Vidal today. First year at bayern; hardly a loyal player yet despite losing 2:0 he was firing up the fans, he was fighting till end and yelling at players to not give up. Meanwhile you see the likes of Cesc and Matic and Mikel jog around not giving two fucks. Even if Cesc tells others to fight on, he himself is not such player to die for club and you just cant be a leader in practice if you dont have mentality. And thats problem with over half of squad. We never had Ronaldos or Messis or Hazards, but we had a fucking team of players who wont stop sprinting until final whistle. The sooner we clean current squad or make them winners, the better.

Now with absolutely nothing to lose, with literaly zero to lose, we should play RLC every damn game. 

Why? Because if club board with Hiddink had any intelligence that we need to look in future, and Mikel simply should not be part of it, while Matic is in disaster of form, then I dont see why Rlc wouldnt play. If he does well, we get a mid for next 10 years. If not, we have nothing to lose because we already lost everything this season. 

But still, Guus and Co will fucking play Mikel just to safely finish season. 

Absolutely fumming. Even Van Gaal is giving more chance to youngsters because he knows seniors are shit and if at least one kid makes it, it will be a success. But not at chelsea. Yeah keep playing safe. Keep playing bunker in every major game and keep playing Mikel and Matic and Cesc who have shown this season they dont give two fucks for club and should be benched. Dont play RLC because he is "not ready". My ass.

Today juve shown example althrough with bad final score. They went agressively from first whistle. They were playing against dominant bayern away' without several key players, yet they decided to attack from first minute. If that was us, we would probably bunker the whole 90min just to be safe...the moment Allegri switched to bunker and took out Cuad and Morata, that moment they lost the game. But we decided its best to play safe against psg. 

As soon our coach and players grow some balls the better. 

On 17 March 2016 at 1:29 AM, BlueLyon said:

Now with absolutely nothing to lose, with literaly zero to lose, we should play RLC every damn game. 

Why? Because if club board with Hiddink had any intelligence that we need to look in future, and Mikel simply should not be part of it, while Matic is in disaster of form, then I dont see why Rlc wouldnt play. If he does well, we get a mid for next 10 years. If not, we have nothing to lose because we already lost everything this season. 

But still, Guus and Co will fucking play Mikel just to safely finish season. 

Absolutely fumming. Even Van Gaal is giving more chance to youngsters because he knows seniors are shit and if at least one kid makes it, it will be a success. But not at chelsea. Yeah keep playing safe. Keep playing bunker in every major game and keep playing Mikel and Matic and Cesc who have shown this season they dont give two fucks for club and should be benched. Dont play RLC because he is "not ready". My ass.

Today juve shown example althrough with bad final score. They went agressively from first whistle. They were playing against dominant bayern away' without several key players, yet they decided to attack from first minute. If that was us, we would probably bunker the whole 90min just to be safe...the moment Allegri switched to bunker and took out Cuad and Morata, that moment they lost the game. But we decided its best to play safe against psg. 

As soon our coach and players grow some balls the better. 

I think you will see younger players get a chance now - absolutely nothing to play for, it would have been stupid for Guus to try out unproven players as if we had lost even more games, he would have been slaughtered for it. If you don't understand that, then I can only surmise that you haven't been in a position of leadership. To pick the so called best players and lose = little egg on face, there's no room for criticism. To play the youth over 'experienced' players and fail = massive egg on face as every 2 bit hack and Internet warrior would have claimed CL place would have been possible with 'experienced' players. Therefore, in my eyes Guus is blameless in this scenario. 

You watched Chelsea vs City right? I'm just checking because City did what you suggested and it was a shower of shite performance, I didn't see one potential star in their youth players... We humiliated them. 

So the fallacy that youth = great players, who will win - is pretty much just that, a fallacy... There is also the sad reality that the youth just might not be good enough :( The step-up is huge - this is why we need the B Team system in England/Wales - will definitely give youngsters a more accurate platform in which to develop their skills

I can see you're angry about the season and the team in General but moaning about Guus is a step too far in my humble opinion. He's fine a decent job here and knows it's temporary, he has conducted himself on/off the pitch with the utmost professionalism and has helped the team gain some semblance of attacking play. 

If Conte is coming, I expect done big signings and a night/day change to our performances next season....

14 hours ago, Muzchap said:

I think you will see younger players get a chance now - absolutely nothing to play for, it would have been stupid for Guus to try out unproven players as if we had lost even more games, he would have been slaughtered for it. If you don't understand that, then I can only surmise that you haven't been in a position of leadership. To pick the so called best players and lose = little egg on face, there's no room for criticism. To play the youth over 'experienced' players and fail = massive egg on face as every 2 bit hack and Internet warrior would have claimed CL place would have been possible with 'experienced' players. Therefore, in my eyes Guus is blameless in this scenario. 

You watched Chelsea vs City right? I'm just checking because City did what you suggested and it was a shower of shite performance, I didn't see one potential star in their youth players... We humiliated them. 

So the fallacy that youth = great players, who will win - is pretty much just that, a fallacy... There is also the sad reality that the youth just might not be good enough :( The step-up is huge - this is why we need the B Team system in England/Wales - will definitely give youngsters a more accurate platform in which to develop their skills

I can see you're angry about the season and the team in General but moaning about Guus is a step too far in my humble opinion. He's fine a decent job here and knows it's temporary, he has conducted himself on/off the pitch with the utmost professionalism and has helped the team gain some semblance of attacking play. 

If Conte is coming, I expect done big signings and a night/day change to our performances next season....

True, but City put almost whole squad. Im talking about one player and even that because Matic and Mikel are nothing special right now. 

Besides its time for our coaches to grow some balls, stop thinking of themselves and work for club. Playing Mikel is a safe option, we might not lose games etc. But next season, Mikel should not be in plans anyway. So why not try something now that we dont have anything to lose. If Rlc works out, we could have midfielder for next season. 

And yes I understand leadership, its exactly what you said. But one thing; why would fans turn against Hiddink if he did try RLC and we lose few games? It would be a risk worth taking, lose one game or lose five, it doesnt matter now anymore. We already fucked up this season, so why not get something good in giving a player or two a chance. It doesnt even have to be RLC, it can be Kennedy or Baba or Traore. Just experiment.

I will be certainly more pissed at Hiddink if he plays Mikel every game and we win narrowly with more average performances rather playing RLC/Kennedy/Baba and lose. And if fans would be pissed at Hiddink if he tried that, then thats what is wrong with fans . They should see bigger picture but they dont.

15 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

True, but City put almost whole squad. Im talking about one player and even that because Matic and Mikel are nothing special right now. 

Besides its time for our coaches to grow some balls, stop thinking of themselves and work for club. Playing Mikel is a safe option, we might not lose games etc. But next season, Mikel should not be in plans anyway. So why not try something now that we dont have anything to lose. If Rlc works out, we could have midfielder for next season. 

And yes I understand leadership, its exactly what you said. But one thing; why would fans turn against Hiddink if he did try RLC and we lose few games? It would be a risk worth taking, lose one game or lose five, it doesnt matter now anymore. We already fucked up this season, so why not get something good in giving a player or two a chance. It doesnt even have to be RLC, it can be Kennedy or Baba or Traore. Just experiment.

I will be certainly more pissed at Hiddink if he plays Mikel every game and we win narrowly with more average performances rather playing RLC/Kennedy/Baba and lose. And if fans would be pissed at Hiddink if he tried that, then thats what is wrong with fans . They should see bigger picture but they dont.

Exactly that - why would fans react badly? It's not just fans it's the clubs hierarchy. Guus has a pretty good legacy as a manager, that's the problem with experienced managers, they are unlikely to gamble big as too much to lose, whereas younger unproven managers can gamble. 

I guess we will see over the remaining games if younger players get a chance :)

Have to definitely give credit were its due, and acknowledge that there's only so much that one can achieve with the crappiest tools at their disposal 

But can't believe people were actually clamoring for him to become permanent manager next season...