The Hiddink Thread

MefiX19

How can you not love Guus? Today's highlights: -

He's definitely leaving although he ducked the question about why he is not in the running for the job. Credit to the press core however, it only took them 6 weeks to finally come up with some good questions about this!

He will be around Stamford Bridge and Cobham rather often but only as a tourist.

We take all games seriously including this one. There will be a strong side selected.

Diego will start but the plan, match situation allowing presumably, is that he won't finish the game.

Neither Pedro nor JT is in contention tomorrow.

No questions or comments about Pato.

Guus is against the idea of a breakaway league which would shut out certain teams. He believes in meritocracy. If teams like Leicester earn their place at the top table then the must be allowed to have it. (My paraphrasing of what he said.)

Steve Atkins chimed in to say that the idea of a European Super League was not discussed at the recent meeting.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shambolic tactics/lineup from Guus today, sorry to say. Mikel/Matic starting in the middle....WTF ?

Never learned his mistake from WBA, we sitted back for too much! One goal is never enough....we should have pushed for one more.

Hiddink: "We already saw in the games Traore had come on in that he has quality but it is different when you start at Stamford Bridge."

Hiddink: "Young players have to try to control their nerves but Traore showed with the goal he has the capacity to do a lot."

While I would prefer Courtois over Begovic, I don't like the fact that Begovic has been completely shut out of every one of our games...

If you can start Traore up front, what's the harm in having Begovic keeping for one game? No competition provided for Tibo...

Sigh

clearly the league is just dead water now, so Guus has to concentrate on CL and FA Cup. 

I have no problem with him trying out different things in a meaningless game, the other Prem games are also meaningless. 

Nobody on this forum would have picked the team that ended up winning the CL final. 

The players also know they don't want to miss out on Wednesday - so will not be going for 50/50's as they don't want to get hurt. You can complain all you want, but that's just human nature. 

I really do fear for the next manager with some of the comments on here about Guus. Whatever you think he has done an amazing job and steadied the ship massively. We were getting regularly beaten and beaten easily, now, we don't lose, but either win or draw, yet that's still not good enough???

some of you need to take a good hard long look in the mirror and work out if you really are supporting the club, or whether a personal agenda is driving your complaints. 

Sad times indeed on here and I had hoped these kind of days were long gone :(

10 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

While I would prefer Courtois over Begovic, I don't like the fact that Begovic has been completely shut out of every one of our games...

If you can start Traore up front, what's the harm in having Begovic keeping for one game? No competition provided for Tibo...

Totally agreed. Why he isn't playing in the FA Cup against the likes of MK Dons and Manchester City's Under 12s' reserves team is ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

If we don't get past PSG and Everton in the next 2 games, it will be interesting to see what happens for the rest of the season.

We won't beat PSG. All the eggs are in the FA Cup basket, so if we go out of that, we'll probably just implode and end up with a disinterested squad that finishes about 12th.

12 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

2 hours ago, BlueLion said:

Totally agreed. Why he isn't playing in the FA Cup against the likes of MK Dons and Manchester City's Under 12s' reserves team is ridiculous. 

Shouldn't also forget another of Hiddink's brainfart decision - introducing Matic and Oscar instead of Loftus-Cheek and Miazga when were 4-1 (FOUR-ONE) up against City's reserves in the FA Cup. :doh: