test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MefiX19

The Hiddink Thread

Started by MefiX19,

1,075 posts in this topic
5 minutes ago, Henrique said:

25 points, 15 points to reach 40m, and that means 31,25% of points from remaining games.

Post Mourinho Chelsea: 10 points out of 18. Thats 55,5%. In the current form the team will finish with 51 points. 

Chelsea under Mourinho: 15 points out of 48. Thats 31,25%. If the team form from now to the end of the season is as bad in those first 16 games, and thats very unlikely, this team will still get 40 points.

Nice work dude - but never let facts spoil a good argument :):) 

6 minutes ago, Henrique said:

25 points, 15 points to reach 40m, and that means 31,25% of points from remaining games.

Post Mourinho Chelsea: 10 points out of 18. Thats 55,5%. In the current form the team will finish with 51 points. 

Chelsea under Mourinho: 15 points out of 48. Thats 31,25%. If the team form from now to the end of the season is as bad in those first 16 games, and thats very unlikely, this team will still get 40 points.

sorry but these stats are pointless... you are comparing unequal situations.

do you know how Hiddink would have fared when getting fat players at the start of the season? Because I don't, but suspect that it would have been pretty much just as bad.

Essien19 and didierforever like this

1 minute ago, Robguima said:

sorry but these stats are pointless... you are comparing unequal situations.

do you know how Hiddink would have fared when getting fat players at the start of the season? Because I don't, but suspect that it would have been pretty much just as bad.

I'M NO COMPARING MOURINHO AND HIDDINK.

I'm only showing what it takes to stay in PL next season. 15 points, and even a pretty bad run of games might be enough to survive the relegation.

Muzchap likes this

13 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Shame that our goal is to survive in the league... lol...

23 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I'M NO COMPARING MOURINHO AND HIDDINK.

I'm only showing what it takes to stay in PL next season. 15 points, and even a pretty bad run of games might be enough to survive the relegation.

That's even more pointless... Mourinho was also improving the team... so if you skip N games from the start of the season, his numbers would also be in the right direction. 

If HIddink was hired for that goal he got the easiest job on earth.

BTW, you keep saying Matic is not world class, but that's really not the point is it? 

didierforever and Essien19 like this

16 minutes ago, Henrique said:

HAHAHAHAHA. Feel free to choose a number of games that showed the team was in the right direction.

I think some people really don't understand how bad things were.

Captura de Tela 2016-01-16 às 20.39.57.png

sure put city, liverpool, and arsenal in the same bucket as Everton and smaller sides... like I said you compare completely unequal things to make a point.

The difference between Chelsea and these smallers sides is just too great for me to accept that Hiddink was necessary - a pretty average manager these days at that.

and how much of the progress we see now was from Jose work?

I am not making a point now - just disagreeing with you and the whole idea. 

2 hours ago, Henrique said:

Hiddink wasn't necessary, but Getting rid of Mourinho was. Who is in charge is pretty irrelevant. I don't understand how someone who is watching is going on this season at this point can still be discussing if sacking Mourinho didn't improved this team's performance, since the results speak loud, specially when those people are using "smaller" sides arguments, when this team was losing games at against the likes of Bournemouth and getting smashed by Sunderland. So I don't know where the "unequal" thing is coming from, specially when you said the team was "improving", mate, 9 games before Mourinho was sacked all he did was ugly victories at home against Villa and Norwich, one 0-0 against Spurs and 6 defeats. His last two games were defeats with bad football.

But again, I don't care about Jose Mourinho, I'm only concerned about this team surviving the mess he created. More 15 points, please.

We were not in the relegation zone. you have an opinion that not changing managers would cause us to go down - I disagree.

I agree that changing managers marginally improved things, because some players did not want to play for Jose - which also empowers them now.

Jose did not create this mess - the players and the club did. He is partially responsible, of course.

players were unfit at the start of the season - they've been slowly getting into shape with or without Jose . Some of today's 'improvement' comes from Jose training sessions.

Hiddink is using the same players Jose used before at one time or another.

Btw I see no drastic improvement under Hiddink. Just the same shit I've been seeing under Jose. Chelsea is barely watchable these days.

if you are not a fan u don't watch us play.

we are wasting precious time.

didierforever and Essien19 like this

6 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

Nope. He had a solid game. Kept things ticking while Cesc brought us back from the dead.

Us getting back in the game was not down to Oscar and I wouldn't say he was good, just decent. Yeah he sprayed a few passes but he did not add any meaningful impact. I am not saying he was poor but for anyone to say he changed the game is as ridiculous as when people used to say we are a better team when Oscar is in the team. The only reason why he was able to "keep things ticking" was because Everton were 2-0 up and sitting deep and looking to hit us on the counter so of course he is going to "keep things ticking".

2 minutes ago, Stats said:

Us scoring really was not down to Oscar. Yeah he sprayed a few passes but he did not add any meaningful impact. I am not saying he was poor but for anyone to say he chanegd the game is as ridiculous as when people used to say we are a better team when Oscar is in the team. The only reason why he was able to "keep things ticking" was because Everton were 2-0 up and sitting deep and looking to hit us on the counter so of course he is going to "keep things ticking".

It's Oscar and you're talking to Gilvorak about him. You should know better. ;)

Muzchap, Stats and didierforever like this

Overall, we were dreadful today. Defence is absolutely no more, midfield haven't got the fight in them and attack wise is shallow. HAve things improved since Jose was binned? No. Results may seem better, but, on paper they should be in any case. 

Arsenal next weekend, will be different.

3 hours ago, Stats said:

Us getting back in the game was not down to Oscar and I wouldn't say he was good, just decent. Yeah he sprayed a few passes but he did not add any meaningful impact. I am not saying he was poor but for anyone to say he changed the game is as ridiculous as when people used to say we are a better team when Oscar is in the team. The only reason why he was able to "keep things ticking" was because Everton were 2-0 up and sitting deep and looking to hit us on the counter so of course he is going to "keep things ticking".

Excuses. We improved with him on the pitch while Matic the fraud who's this forums darling got exposed once again. Oscar has his flaws but you can't say he's a liability on the pitch unlike a certain Serbian donkey.

Once again, brilliant sub by Guus.

4 hours ago, Henrique said:

HAHAHAHAHA. Feel free to choose a number of games that showed the team was in the right direction.

I think some people really don't understand how bad things were.

Captura de Tela 2016-01-16 às 20.39.57.png

Wonderful job by Guus. Really turned it around and he did it without Hazard.

BlueLion. and Adnane like this

Oscar was average - at least he played at a high intensity.

Oscar coming on changed the shape of the team. It's not a difficult concept to grasp... another CAM might have done the same, more, or less. There is no way to find out.

Most of the time it aint about individuals, but tactics and intent. 

BTW, we lost the game - just got a lucky point at the end with refs help. We are Everton.

4 hours ago, Stats said:
1 hour ago, Gilvorak said:

Excuses. We improved with him on the pitch while Matic the fraud who's this forums darling got exposed once again. Oscar has his flaws but you can't say he's a liability on the pitch unlike a certain Serbian donkey.

Once again, brilliant sub by Guus.

Us scoring really was not down to Oscar. Yeah he sprayed a few passes but he did not add any meaningful impact. I am not saying he was poor but for anyone to say he chanegd the game is as ridiculous as when people used to say we are a better team when Oscar is in the team. The only reason why he was able to "keep things ticking" was because Everton were 2-0 up and sitting deep and looking to hit us on the counter so of course he is going to "keep things ticking".

Matic is far from the 'forum's darling'. It seems like me and a few others are the only ones supporting him. The majority have turned on him. What excuses? I am a Chelsea fan and say it how I see it. I don't think he done anything wrong but I also don't think he did anything spectacular to say he had a good game. Well actually he made the last minute assist which the ref failed to see :D

No denying Matic was poor but it is no denying that a lot of the reasons we scored was down to luck. A more clinical team would have put us to the sword yesterday. Matic is having a difficult spell but he is no more a fraud than Oscar is. Matic has had plenty of quality games for us.

No potentially good young RB in the squad ,..clearly Hiddink isn't confident in Baba Rahman.

Really hope the board/Hiddink dives into the market and pulls up a quality full-back. Will not be considered an impulsive buy in my book.

32 minutes ago, BlueLion said:

I agree.

In six league games since José has gone, we've taken ten points from a possible eighteen (1.67 points per game) 

In the sixteen games prior to that, we'd taken fifteen points from a possible 48 (0.94 points per game). 

That is a massive improvement, especially since we've gone unbeaten in six in the league. In the context of our own season and the PL in general this campaign, that isn't something to be sniffed at. 

Like I said to Henrique - don't let the stats spoil a good argument :)

overall, I'm happy with Guus, he's done a good job of motivating players and improvements are being made. It's obvious our back 4 are fucked whoever is in charge, time to bring back some loan players and thrust them into action (if we are not hitting the transfer market).

I do really want him to drop Ivanovic though and at least try Azpi / Baba as Full Backs. It would give us so much more balance and would in my opinion help us against leaking goals - as essentially Terry could be the last man, whilst AZPI and Baba could sit alongside Matic and MIKEL, with Zouma pushing up as well (as he has the pace) - that would make us much harder to bypass and give us a solid foundation. 

I wish i could be arsed to use those websites to illustrate my point - but I'm lazy and due out now for Sunday lunch, so hopefully you can imagine what I'm trying to say. :)

BlueLion. likes this