The Hiddink Thread

MefiX19

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Stats said:

I hope all those critics who said he will not be any different to Mourinho give him the credit he deserves. Clear difference he has made so far and the team looks so much fluid. Like I said, I am greatful for what Mourinho has done here but this change for the season should have been made a lot earlier.

I think, unless you were leading the 'Stevie Holland for coach' charge a few weeks ago and are just being consistent, that maybe it's worth taking a step back and not taking too much from one result. We played equally well against a poor Sunderland side so hopefully this isn't just a case of us turning over two poor sides. Palace normally wouldn't be considered a dodgy team, but this one today really weren't at the races and it's too early to say if that was because of our performance or not in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Ossie the King said:

I think, unless you were leading the 'Stevie Holland for coach' charge a few weeks ago and are just being consistent, that maybe it's worth taking a step back and not taking too much from one result. We played equally well against a poor Sunderland side so hopefully this isn't just a case of us turning over two poor sides. Palace normally wouldn't be considered a dodgy team, but this one today really weren't at the races and it's too early to say if that was because of our performance or not in my opinion.

Palace were poor today but it was more because we were the better team and dominated. Pardew praised our performance himself. Mourinho after the 1-0 lead would sit on it and invite way too much pressure. Yeah, it could turn out to be a false dawn but I saw a lot today (against a team who many people thought we would lose) to convince me we are on the way up.

1 minute ago, Stats said:

Palace were poor today but it was more because we were the better team and dominated. Pardew praised our performance himself. Mourinho after the 1-0 lead would sit on it and invite way too much pressure. Yeah, it could turn out to be a false dawn but I saw a lot today (against a team who many people thought we would lose) to convince me we are on the way up.

Fair enough, but Pardew also said that losing Cabaye and Bolasie would be like Leicester losing Vardy and Mahrez. That's not too say we weren't good today but that it's one result. A good one no doubt but unless we build on it then it's meaningless.

Guus made the right call with Mikel though. Absolutely superb and got the whole team ticking. I was just very surprised at how much space we had compared to when they played us earlier in the season or when Bournemouth or Leicester played us.

He's done good for this game but he hasn't proven shit yet. I hope we continue like this, but I still do not agree with his line-ups. Let's wait and see if this will be consistent.
Chelsea's story this season has been one step forward and 2 steps back. Let's hope that this is not the case.

He's done great, imo. I think this is the thing to do when the team is in a crisis: first steady the defense and solidify the midfield, then allow attacking players to express themselves. Obviously easier said than implemented but we seem on our way towards that. 

Ehh.. Slight hyperbole here?

Yeah it was a fantastic game today and Hiddink deserves credit with the way the team was set up, the inclusion of Mikel seemed justified too. But we've had these moments in the season and what's the real test for Hiddink is being consistent in this approach to games. We had an advantage in the fact Palace were rubbish & missing a lot of key players, we deserve credit for actually exploiting that.

Anyway, I hope we continue to play and kill of games like this. But I'm curbing my own enthusiasm here until it's consistent :)

Hiddink: "If the team hasn’t been doing well for a long period then it is important to look for security. That’s why we emphasised on good, hard work in a tactical defensive way. I don’t like to see a team drop back very far and seek false security but to look forward and get the ball forward as soon as possible. When they get the ball they know how to play."

What an absolutely brilliant quote and great term.:clap:

False security. Wow. Sums up most of 2015.

1 hour ago, LDN Blue said:

Ehh.. Slight hyperbole here?

Yeah it was a fantastic game today and Hiddink deserves credit with the way the team was set up, the inclusion of Mikel seemed justified too. But we've had these moments in the season and what's the real test for Hiddink is being consistent in this approach to games. We had an advantage in the fact Palace were rubbish & missing a lot of key players, we deserve credit for actually exploiting that.

Anyway, I hope we continue to play and kill of games like this. But I'm curbing my own enthusiasm here until it's consistent :)

Pretty much my thought. 

Let's wait till the end of January before we are overly optimistic. 

Right now cautiously optimistic. But if the by the end of January we have put good display against Everton and Arsenal then I think we can really build from this and go on a run. 

1 hour ago, Last Sicarius said:

We didnt lose nice we sacked Jose. 4 matches without lose Just say :v

Guus has now won the same number of matches as Steve Holland.

Stevie definitely has to be in the discussion so long as we get in a competent technical director

I can see Hiddink's DNA manifesting into the current team. I trust he is step by step making us into a much more dangerous and positive team with every player playing to his potential. Hopefully we can get get far in the CL while taking care of unfinished business against Barca the fkn rats.

In fact, the rush of fixtures since Hiddink took over has left little time to develop intricate new tactics. But there has been one significant change of note: Chelsea attackers aren't bogged down with the many defensive responsibilities they had under Mourinho.

http://www.espnfc.us/club/chelsea/363/blog/post/2781132/chelsea-making-positive-changes-under-guus-hiddink